Prediction Round 16: Changes Vs Port Adelaide + pre-match discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Before certain posters get stuck into Henry, he played a fantastic game.

Also not that they will be dropped, but Freo had stuff all to kick to - why didn't Darcy push down to be an option? Why wasn't Lobb more of a presence? Why didn't they get Fyfe flying for more at half forward?

darcy wasn't useful because we didn't get enough deep entries

Fyfe (in his current state of fitness) and Mundy attending the same centre bounces? No thanks. One or the other or neither I'm afraid. Mundy' stamina and footskills seem to be waning the longer the season goes on.

Brayshaw and Serong had average games. It was painful to watch Carlton's onballers give us a flogging in the centre and around the ground. With that much opportunity, it was only a matter of time before Carlton started to dominate forward of centre.

Won't name them but there were some pretty feeble efforts.

We missed Acres physicality and two way work, Switta and Walters smarts.

Last edited:
Well, not sure that is a good idea while is kicking is off. His disposal by foot was what made him so valuable. He was really down on that in the last games.

Its off by miles. He bit two off against hawthorn into the middle and both got picked off. And again today he did the same thing. Not sure what is wrong but he’s missing it by a mile. I don’t want him to get dropped, but he’s bleeding us goals ATM. You can’t argue somebody like Crowden with his effort and pace to run both ways wouldn’t have been better today

Look we wont get monstered like that again in midfield. Looked like it was walked out sometimes. Personally think we need to play Sturt instead of Banfield. Yes Sturt doesnt offer much defensive pressure but surely more than Banfield

Anyone calling for Erasmus needs to turn on Peel right now, he can't kick

He won't get a game
We went down 13-5 in center clearances. Negative 21 in inside 50s. The midfield was embarrassing. His kicking isn’t what’s needed, it’s intent and defensive pressure. Erasmus laid 12 tackles last week for peel and was close to best on. Give me that over mundy and fyfes half baked rubbish any day of the week. Hell I’d take an accountable Darcy tucker

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just feel like he offers more than Banfield will. The forward line was poor today.
Western can build a few weeks and take a chance

Western showed more first week back from injury than Sturt has in any WAFL game this season.

Sturt has scored a few goals but has otherwise had minimal impact at WAFL level. Banfield currently offers way more despite not being in the same ball park talent wise.

Western showed more first week back from injury than Sturt has in any WAFL game this season.

Sturt has scored a few goals but has otherwise had minimal impact at WAFL level. Banfield currently offers way more despite not being in the same ball park talent wise.
Lol, you know Western and Sturt had the same number of tackles, don't you, which is what you continually bag Sturt for, or does that not fit your narrative to want to prove that you are correct and for us to delist Sturt at the end of the year. Get your hand off it mate it's getting old.

What was Sturt up to this weekend? We need him playing and we need him playing well. He's ten times the talent Banfield is but we have to stick with Banfield until Sturt hits form. It's frustrating!

I'd like to hear from the astute posters as to why or how in our losses this year, our small forwards are almost invisible, what are the opposition doing to cause that? Banfield, Freddy, Schultz and Colyer were shithouse!

What was Sturt up to this weekend? We need him playing and we need him playing well. He's ten times the talent Banfield is but we have to stick with Banfield until Sturt hits form. It's frustrating!

I'd like to hear from the astute posters as to why or how in our losses this year, our small forwards are almost invisible, what are the opposition doing to cause that? Banfield, Freddy, Schultz and Colyer were shithouse!

Small forwards come to life when we have ground ball.
With Logue missing we lost ground ball and the forward contest.

Small forwards come to life when we have ground ball.
With Logue missing we lost ground ball and the forward contest.
Good point, but equally getting thrashed in the midfield means the same.

Think Logue goes forward again next week, hopefully with Chapman back.

Good point, but equally getting thrashed in the midfield means the same.

Think Logue goes forward again next week, hopefully with Chapman back.
He has too. Wasted down back. His best position is forward.
Cox Pearce Ryan and Hughes should be okay down back.
Again having Logue, Pearce and Cox seem to counter productive but they weren’t the issue today.
Have to find that midfield balance. Mundy may have to take a week off. Simply can’t carry Fyfe either. Lots to ponder

We went down 13-5 in center clearances. Negative 21 in inside 50s. The midfield was embarrassing. His kicking isn’t what’s needed, it’s intent and defensive pressure. Erasmus laid 12 tackles last week for peel and was close to best on. Give me that over mundy and fyfes half baked rubbish any day of the week. Hell I’d take an accountable Darcy tucker

Erasmus has had another good game today.

Out: Hughes, Banfield, Fyfe and Mundy

In: Chapman, Erasmus, Tucker and Walters

Ryan Pearce Walker
Young Cox Chapman
Aish Brayshaw Tucker
Erasmus Lobb Frederick
Logue Taberner Walters

Darcy Brodie Serong

Schultz Colyer Henry Clark

No I don't think it will happen.

Lol, you know Western and Sturt had the same number of tackles, don't you, which is what you continually bag Sturt for, or does that not fit your narrative to want to prove that you are correct and for us to delist Sturt at the end of the year. Get your hand off it mate it's getting old.

I have not posted anything else about Sturt for a few weeks.

Having that I stand by my previous post in this thread - Bailey Banfield is currently a better footballer than Sam Sturt. Bringing in Sturt does not improve the team.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back