VFL Round 16 - Essendon vs Collingwood at Windy Hill (Pies WON 98-72! Replay in OP! #DonsIrkedAgainApex)

Ladies and gentlemen, one of the largest sporting clubs in Australia gives you coverage of their vfl team by tweeting out hand written points on a piece of paper.
I think we need to pass the hat around to help this struggling club. Obviously things are tough for the VFL side and their finances, maybe we do a raffle for a meat tray.

(Just my opinion), but I reckon it’s better that the VFL fan engagement is raw / relaxed / personal / community, than being the slick polished money-driven machine of the AFL.

No excuses for not streaming games though.

Consider ...

AFL: Broadcast rights get sold for $billions so we can be entertained by the dolcet tones of Bruce McAvaney, and the bright shiney ads they play with catchey jingles between the goals, and a couple of blokes doing the game analysis for no other reason than they used to kick a pigskin around for a living.

VFL: As much as we’d all just love to have that for VFL as well, I reckon we’d all just be tickle pink if we had a YouTube stream with Temploar pointing the camera, Swooper18 doing the commentary, and 100volt1 puttung the whole production together.

Luke Mason did once cover the VFL on CoverItLive, and that (text play by play descriptions with fans engagement with questions and cheers) was quite popular.

(Just my opinion), but I reckon it’s better that the VFL fan engagement is raw / relaxed / personal / community, than being the slick polished money-driven machine of the AFL.

Consider ...

AFL: Broadcast rights get sold for $billions so we can be entertained by the dolcet tones of Bruce McAvaney, and the bright shiney ads they play with catchey jingles between the goals, and a couple of blokes doing the game analysis for no other reason than they used to kick a pigskin around for a living.

VFL: As much as we’d all just love to have that for VFL as well, I reckon we’d all just be tickle pink if we had a YouTube stream with Temploar pointing the camera, Swooper18 doing the commentary, and 100volt1 puttung the whole production together.

Luke Mason did once cover the VFL on CoverItLive, and that (text play by play descriptions with fans engagement with questions and cheers) was quite popular.

The camera man might start doing some commentary of his own if things began to get quite heated! :eek:

Jul 25, 2008
The Linc
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Oakland Raiders
Must of been a Collingwood Hater

I’m with Quicky on this and would assess it as a poor decision unless he has priors (which I doubt). The reason I believe he should be embarrassed by it is that it was 48 hrs between the incident and the decision of the MRO. I would be shocked if he hadn’t seen a replay in that period and the report should have been withdrawn as soon as one was seen. That compounds a poor decision, IMO.

CFC2010

Cancelled
10k Posts Collingwood Magpies - Brayden Sier 2019 Player Sponsor Collingwood - Jaidyn Stephenson Player Sponsor 2018 Collingwood - Matthew Scharenberg Player Sponsor 2017 Collingwood Magpies - James Aish Player Sponsor 2016
Aug 22, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood

Consider ...

The camera man might start doing some commentary of his own if things began to get quite heated! :eek:

I actually enjoyed watching the game last night without the commentary...…..it made you concentrate on the game more.

No one can tell me that replay by the Bombers would cost the Club much to do every week.

CFC2010

Cancelled
10k Posts Collingwood Magpies - Brayden Sier 2019 Player Sponsor Collingwood - Jaidyn Stephenson Player Sponsor 2018 Collingwood - Matthew Scharenberg Player Sponsor 2017 Collingwood Magpies - James Aish Player Sponsor 2016
Aug 22, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
This bloke played well against the Dons.

Mongo Ming

Intergalactic Despot
Sep 10, 2016
AFL Club
Collingwood
I feel sad for Blair, will finish his time in VFL but I have enjoyed the fact that he gave his all and is a premiership player.

Well done Blairy, exceeded expectations. One of my favourites and never took a backward step.:thumbsu:

At least he got to play the year out with his brother. Vale Blair.

MagpieBat

Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts Ruby
Jan 22, 2011
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Collingwood VFL, #TeamBatman
This bloke played well against the Dons.

Has been a massive inclusion.

So, I should point out, has Jackson Starcevich. Didn't kick a goal on the weekend, but ever since returning a few weeks back, he's had an impact. Doesn't quite show as much on the stat sheet, but those who have been paying attention can see it. The team looks a Hell of a lot straighter and more potent up forward with him in it. McLarty is getting the 2nd defender, not the first, Starcevich is contesting/taking the CHF connector marks up the ground, not Murphy who can't play there or McLarty who is a deep tall player, not a high tall player or Chippendale who is undersized.

Now all we need is for Woody and Starc to stay on the park. And get back some assets who are currently in the medical room...

CFC2010

Cancelled
Aug 22, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
Has been a massive inclusion.

So, I should point out, has Jackson Starcevich. Didn't kick a goal on the weekend, but ever since returning a few weeks back, he's had an impact. Doesn't quite show as much on the stat sheet, but those who have been paying attention can see it. The team looks a Hell of a lot straighter and more potent up forward with him in it. McLarty is getting the 2nd defender, not the first, Starcevich is contesting/taking the CHF connector marks up the ground, not Murphy who can't play there or McLarty who is a deep tall player, not a high tall player.

Now all we need is for Woody and Starc to stay on the park. And get back some assets who are currently in the medical room...

Actually McLarty was good also M B now that you mentioned him.

Back