Preview Round 16: Essendon vs Sydney, MCG, Saturday 02/07/2022 @ 1:45 PM

What line will we hear at the end?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

The crowd for this one will be interesting. Will we be outnumbered by swans ? Possibly. I’ll always go, even though they don’t deserve it but I gave my young bloke the option, ” your basketball or The Bombers mate ? “
” Bombers Dad, every time ! “
Silly boy.
So it’s a cricketers arms start instead of The Royal.

I want to see Voss on Parker. I want to see Parker tremble in fear as Voss closes in to tackle him.
arnold schwarzenegger predator GIF

We pulled 60k to this game in 2019 and I’d be shocked if we get half that this week.

VFL boys were pretty decent so I’d be open to bringing any of Menzie, Zerk, Baldwin or Brand in.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's a tough one. I think I've changed my mind haha
Toughest week at selection I can remember for a while. We don’t want to be dropping young guns, but I’d like to get a look at menzie on the g if it’s a good deck. We also MUST play a proper key defender this week and it’s likely parish is back. I’d love to get a look at how the backline would structure up without heppell playing, any chance of a rest 😉
I love the 2 ruck set up to leave Peter forward but this may be the week where we have to drop 1 to create an extra spot in the 22.

Durham looks like he needs a rest.
Ridley you'd monitor his injury.
Mass could be an unlucky one.

Laverde brand kelly
Redman reid hind
Martin shiel heppell
Langford jones snelling
Guelfi wright perkins
Draper parish stringer
Caldwell Hobbs menzie bryan
D'ambrosio

Parker-Shiel.jpg

B Hind Brand Kelly
HB Ridley Laverde Redman
C Langford Parish Durham
HF Martin Jones Perkins
F Snelling Wright Stringer
R Phillips Caldwell Shiel
INT Merrett Heppell Draper Hobbs
SUB Guelfi

Id like to get a look at Brand in the side. Laverde needs more tall support. Ridley should be playing Heppells role but we all know the captain wont be dropped. So D' Ambrossio misses out. Id love it to be the other way around.

I feel like Draper was starting to find form with Flip back in the team so id like to go back to that combination at the expense of Bryan. I think Bryan/Draper can be the full time combination from next year but keeping Flips experience in the side at this stage can help with the teams development. Bryan also gets to hone his craft as number 1 in the VFL.

Snelling should be better for the run so he stays in, Guelfi drops back to sub for Parish

This will be hard to watch

I've heard our players are going to give Luke Parker the frowning of a lifetime.

images (17).jpeg

I'm relieved we lost to West Coast. Imagine having to watch this team all year AND having to worry about sliding out of the top 5 in the draft.

I'd prefer our improvement comes in the form of better percentage and honourable losses to top 8 teams. Starting this week.

I'm relieved we lost to West Coast. Imagine having to watch this team all year AND having to worry about sliding out of the top 5 in the draft.

I'd prefer our improvement comes in the form of better percentage and honourable losses to top 8 teams. Starting this week.

Mid week there is a rational part of my brain that thinks about draft picks. Watching the game on the weekend, and common sense goes out the window and I just want to win.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back