Preview Round 16: Geelong vs Essendon, 'Gabba, Sunday 06/09/2020 @ 3:35 PM AEST

Who will have the greater amount of points come the end of the match?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Disturbing number of people in this thread suggesting we bring Cutler or Smack into the 22. A special kind of madness.
To be fair, McKernan and his limited skills had to battle as the lone tall for ages and may benefit from being the little dog.

I mean he would still give 4 ruck frees away and kick a few out on the full but... you know.

Caracella: 20 years to come full circle and help us make finals!!
1997: 14th on Ladder/Essendon
1998: Qualifying Final/Essendon
1999: Plays in Preliminary Final/Essendon
2000: Wins Premiership/Essendon
2001: Grand Final Loss/Essendon
2002: Semi Finals/ Essendon
2003: Wins Premiership: Lions
2004: Grand Final Loss: Lions
2005: Finished 2nd Last/Magpies
2006: Forced To Retire from Football/ Magpies
2007: Magpies Assistant Coach
2008: Magpies Assistant Coach
2009: Magpies Assistant Coach
2010 Magpies Win Premiership, Moves to Geelong/A coach
2011: Wins Premiership /Geelong
2012: Elimination Final/Geelong
2013: Preliminary Final/Geelong
2014: Semi Final Loss/Geelong
2015: No Finals/Geelong
2016: Finish 13th/Tigers
2017: Wins Premiership/Tigers
2018: Preliminary Final/Tigers
2019: Wins Premiership/Tigers
2020: Moves back to Essendon!!

Last edited:
Assume Hepp and Clarke pick up the slack from pidge missing, hope they don't ruin all Langford's gains by throwing him back in. Also not keen on Hibberd, I just don't see it with him. Probably found his level as a VFL gun. I'd prefer Mutch , which probably says enough

Assume Hepp and Clarke pick up the slack from pidge missing, hope they don't ruin all Langford's gains by throwing him back in. Also not keen on Hibberd, I just don't see it with him. Probably found his level as a VFL gun. I'd prefer Mutch , which probably says enough
agreed re Mutch & Hibberd

Saturday at 6.30pm. lol

It's been the day before since the start of the first condensed fixture, even for the normal round in the middle of it they still did the day before. Will probably be that way for the rest of the year.
...and should remain that way always.

In some ways it’s ridiculous you even need to name a team prior to the game. Honestly what’s the point? Whoever is on the ground and the four on the bench is your team.

...and should remain that way always.

In some ways it’s ridiculous you even need to name a team prior to the game. Honestly what’s the point? Whoever is on the ground and the four on the bench is your team.

Well it certainly helps for promotion of the game, which helps raise revenue which is how everyone gets paid.

Ah who am I kidding - it helps me with my Footy Tipping and Supercoach and that's what its all about.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’m tipping minimal changes

Out: McGrath, Gleeson

In: Hibberd, Redman

Team:

Hurley Zerk Saad
Redman Ridley Smith
Langford Heppell Merrett
Clarke Hooker Mosquito
Stewart Daniher Tippa

Draper Parish Shiel

Bench: Stringer Snelling Guelfi Hibberd

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

This is the time to be setting ourselves up for the trade/draft period by finding out about our list. The need to rest players like Joe and Jakey happily coincides. I'm hoping to see players like Gown, Jones, Crauford, Begley, Hibberd and Mutch selected.

At this stage it doesn't matter if we win or lose. I'd give these players a couple of consecutive games, if not all three, and see how they fare in preparation for a good clean out.

We’re still a chance of finals if we win our last three, yes big IF but a chance nonetheless. If Freo can knock off Dees and Dogs I can see those two plus Giants losing two of last three.

In: McKenna, Redman
Out: McGrath, Gleeson

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back