Game Day Round 16, GWS Giants vs Collingwood, Sat 9th July, 1.40pm, Spotless Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Leon said in the presser how we respond next week will show if today was an aberration.

Perhaps we can learn something from the Swans. They had a shock loss at home to the Bulldogs last week, then came out and smashed Geelong at the Cattery last night. We can do the same to the Lions at the Gabba if we really want to.

I'm not really sure beating Brisbane at the Gabba is the same as beating Geelong at Geelong

I'd suspect that you've waltzed into todays game expecting to win in a canter and relaxed after getting off to a good start

Its a long footy season and you can't just fire up for big games, assuming it'll just happen the rest of the year

GWS is rated highly by other teams and you guys are now a real target for bottom 8 sides to knock you off in the run home

Good teams drop games to average sides when they aren't on their game

Another learning experience for your young side

Becoming a bit a of coincidence, The cats now the Giants, Hawks in R23?

Mumford, Shaw, Patfull, Johnson, Scully, Davis, Palmer, Ward, throw in there s**t load of top picks, Their not as young and vulnerable as what the media portray. The Giants will not be anywhere it come September, A midget back line and team full of the same type of midfielder's. As a lifelong footy fan, watching the Giants getting done by any team is a joy, But when the Mighty pies do it on their ground, theres nothing better.
Get you haven't had much to celebrate this year and won't have much to celebrate for a long time. It's understandable you gotta carry on when you get the odd win. Will think of you in September.
Midget backline, really!

I'm not really sure beating Brisbane at the Gabba is the same as beating Geelong at Geelong

I'd suspect that you've waltzed into todays game expecting to win in a canter and relaxed after getting off to a good start

Its a long footy season and you can't just fire up for big games, assuming it'll just happen the rest of the year

GWS is rated highly by other teams and you guys are now a real target for bottom 8 sides to knock you off in the run home

Good teams drop games to average sides when they aren't on their game

Another learning experience for your young side
We lost a game, it happens. Dirty day for us but I wont be mocrowaving my membership. I only recall one team going through a season undefeated, and they didn't win the GF as I recall.
No biggie

Last edited:
Had to work tonight so been asleep all arvo. Gonna take the short option and not bother with the replay
I get that. I always find it easier to watch a loss live for some reason. Watching one on TV (as they tend to be) makes we want to throw things and turn it off every time the opposition shòots for goal, or takes a mark, or even gets a possession really.

Becoming a bit a of coincidence, The cats now the Giants, Hawks in R23?

Mumford, Shaw, Patfull, Johnson, Scully, Davis, Palmer, Ward, throw in there s**t load of top picks, Their not as young and vulnerable as what the media portray. The Giants will not be anywhere it come September, A midget back line and team full of the same type of midfielder's. As a lifelong footy fan, watching the Giants getting done by any team is a joy, But when the Mighty pies do it on their ground, theres nothing better.

Why don't our moderators delete trolling posts like this?

Tormented myself with the replay and it was hard to watch, disappointed in the effort all around the ground and also the luck was with the pies throughout the game, and Treloar and Adams must have really motivated the Pies, Having Reid back has really helped the defence out
For all the talent on the list, the team is still very young which leads to inconsistent performances and from the game very poor in defence.
Davis playing within himself like he was playing injured or to not potentially reinsure his calf?
Tommo wants to be with his mates at the gws blues,
Patfull slowing down with age
Shaw lacking offensive run with Macaffer on him
Kennedy first game back after injury and lack of involvement
Williams not up to his usual high standards
Good to see Cameron and Patton in the goals which is a good sign and will Kelly be our best mid in a few years time?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back