Round 16 Trades

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 20, 2007
AFL Club
West Coast
Haven't started one of these this year, might as well start thinking about possible moves for this week

8 trades left and 200k in the bank to upgrade Greenwood to either a Midfielder or Forward
Will see what my options are when lockout arrives

I would imagine that those that haven't already jumped on Witherden will be doing that

I've basically got a 22 I'm happy with for the rest of the year. 5 trades left. Could strengthen my depth by going McInnes to Witherden or Cameron to Darcy, but tossing up whether it's worth a trade. Plus the Darcy one would cost me my R/F link.

I seriously think Darcy is worthy of an on field spot

Witts to Darcy and Fyfe to Gibbs

Sounds so tempting. The 400K saved of getting Darcy instead of Gawn could be spent fixing up my midfield!

Yep. I would have a ruck rotation of Grundy, Nank and Darcy which is amazing and then I could up Fyfe to Gibbs

Got to get rid of Barrett as he is just going to keep losing more $$s. Will most likely replace him with Thomas which also gives me the mid/fwd link I want.
Will probably also go Strnadica to Darcy which will leave me more options with my forwards.
Will still leave me with 7 trades for the two midfield upgrades of Zorko and Jelwood to come in the following weeks.

was planning on

Roughead -> Thomas,J
Swallow -> Mitchell

but Darcy has thrown a spanner in the works

You still have Roughy and Swallow?

0047ab4053af78a3ae6e73dabda636d3.gif

Sandilands is out for the season

Hmm like many I am operating with Grundy, Martin, Cameron and Nank F6 as coverage
Cannot justify Cameron to Darcy at this stage in the year

2 major areas need addressing in my side before I could even remotely consider it "complete"

1. Greenwood upgraded to a Mid for M8
2. Nank moved to F7 by trading in a new F6

Greenwood out this week gives me $550,000 to play with which doesn't get me a very good M8 (except Joel Selwood but I will wait a few weeks to jump on that). So my options this week seem to be hold Greenwood or trade Greenwood

1. Trade Greenwood to any forward (line is already Macrae, Dahl, Yeo, Heeney, Greene, Nank)
2. Hold Greenwood (B/E 2, expected to go up 37k) for another week.

Gibbs is now an unprecedented 730k

Is he worth it?

My team:

upload_2017-7-2_18-35-56.png
Stewart >>>>> Witherden already locked and loaded which gives me $339300 cash in hand.

After that i am stuck, need another fwd and/or ruck.
Any ideas anyone?

Sandilands is out for the season

Hmm like many I am operating with Grundy, Martin, Cameron and Nank F6 as coverage
Cannot justify Cameron to Darcy at this stage in the year

2 major areas need addressing in my side before I could even remotely consider it "complete"

1. Greenwood upgraded to a Mid for M8
2. Nank moved to F7 by trading in a new F6

Greenwood out this week gives me $550,000 to play with which doesn't get me a very good M8 (except Joel Selwood but I will wait a few weeks to jump on that). So my options this week seem to be hold Greenwood or trade Greenwood

1. Trade Greenwood to any forward (line is already Macrae, Dahl, Yeo, Heeney, Greene, Nank)
2. Hold Greenwood (B/E 2, expected to go up 37k) for another week.
No point in trading out Greenwood this week when he still has a significant price increase to come and even more so if you don't have a particular upgrade in mind.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No point in trading out Greenwood this week when he still has a significant price increase to come and even more so if you don't have a particular upgrade in mind.
I tend to agree with this, but I want to over analyse something this week so I will keep looking for options

The only other thing that I don't like about my side is the lack of Docherty, but I think that ship has well sailed. If I have to sideways trade a premo mid to Doc, and move Adams to the mids I might just well do that (at a later date)

Gibbs is now an unprecedented 730k

Is he worth it?
He's been ******* amazing for me. Brought him in 4 weeks ago for a couple of low 100s, a 160 and a 194.

Trade Witts or Grundy to Darcy??

Change of plans

Cameron -> Darcy

Fyfe -> Parker

Got to get rid of Barrett as he is just going to keep losing more $$s. Will most likely replace him with Thomas which also gives me the mid/fwd link I want.
Will probably also go Strnadica to Darcy which will leave me more options with my forwards.
Will still leave me with 7 trades for the two midfield upgrades of Zorko and Jelwood to come in the following weeks.
After making those two upgrades and 7 trades in hand, having Darcy as R3 will make me a heap of cash that would become very handy come finals time with trades left in the bank.

My team:

View attachment 388263
Stewart >>>>> Witherden already locked and loaded which gives me $339300 cash in hand.

After that i am stuck, need another fwd and/or ruck.
Any ideas anyone?
DPP Nank forward and grab Gawn for 1 of Parsons/Lloyd?

Kreuzer probably out of reach in price

OR, DPP Nank forward and bring in Darcy.
I'd be backing Gawn in over a kid

I remember a few years ago when Grundy was a rookie we all flocked to grab him and he was quality for a few weeks, but in the end there were other guys around outscoring him IIRC.

I'd be backing Gawn in over a kid

I remember a few years ago when Grundy was a rookie we all flocked to grab him and he was quality for a few weeks, but in the end there were other guys around outscoring him IIRC.
Granted but $370K in bank would be handy.

Granted but $370K in bank would be handy.
In his situation maybe not with 5 trades remaining though.

He already has a complete midfield too, while Newman is his D6 so only room to improve rucks and forwards imo.

Question probably is does he upgrade Greenwood eventually or holds him as cover?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back