Round 16 trades

Remove this Banner Ad

Thoughts and prayers for this sorry lot.

Daniel/Moore = Donut
Cripps/Hately = Likely donut
Gawn = Likely donut
Danger = ???

Any help would be great, I have no idea where to start....

8E3B0257-1CB6-4885-9B74-DD51DAF45765.jpeg
D3902E0D-07C9-4289-9FAB-7435217930BB.jpeg

You have a tiny chol
:think: I hope you won't think I've taken this comment the wrong way .....or in anyway taken offence at the "tiny chol" jibe

DAAy79J.gif

Damn it..$700 short of final upgrade - Hore to Whitfield.

Not sure whether to wait a week and hope Whitty drops more than Hore (he should but Hore is also losing cash)

or trade D.Clarke (M9 - covering for Cripps this week) down to Chol instead of Baker (M10)? (Hind would cover Cripps instead)

I’d wait a week for sure.

* it's slim rookie pickings at this stage. Worst comes to worst just need two more games from Chol to take advantage of his ton, and Petch gotta go.

Otherwise J Marsh (lol) to Hurn

By some miracle (sorry Belcho) my bench ruck Zac Clarke is back in this week when Gawn is likely to miss. Will probably score about 40 but I'll take it :drunk: If anyone has Gawn, Grundy and ROB reckon ROB to Clarke is a good move, Clarke should got a spell with Bellchambers out and might make you a bit of cash somehow.

Hore > Westhoff
Daniel > Boak

Would leave me with only 2 trades & 20k with Logue at D6 who would be my final Def upgrade via a Gibbons > def/mid rookie downgrade in 2-3 weeks time (injuries permitting) Thoughts?

View attachment 703213
View attachment 703214
Good plan mate at least it will give you ruck coverage, a lot won’t have it this week unless they trade. In the same boat deciding on who for ruck coverage just wish we knew if Gawn was out now, would make things so much easier

Daniel/Moore = Donut
Gawn = Likely donut
Danger = ???

View attachment 703302
View attachment 703303
Daniel to Lycett/westhoff giving you ruck coverage and bewley to Sloane if hately not named or even if he is giving you another premium mid which covers Cripps this week.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

**** it's slim rookie pickings at this stage. Worst comes to worst just need two more games from Chol to take advantage of his ton, and Petch gotta go.

Otherwise J Marsh (lol) to Hurn

By some miracle (sorry Belcho) my bench ruck Zac Clarke is back in this week when Gawn is likely to miss. Will probably score about 40 but I'll take it :drunk: If anyone has Gawn, Grundy and ROB reckon ROB to Clarke is a good move, Clarke should got a spell with Bellchambers out and might make you a bit of cash somehow.

I'll think about that move. I have Bines at F8 waiting to come back to R3 - but will watch Zac Clarke and assess.

For this week -

R1 - Grundy - VC
R2 - ROB - super crows cash cow
R3 - Gawn - don't want to risk fielding him.

Hope Gawn is back in action next week - it has disturbed my plan to cash out ROB who has been great this year.

Rivals only Rowan Marshall and Sam Walsh as top cash cows for the year; I'm sure I missed a few...sorry ad break on Wimbledon. Rafa v under arm server Nick.

No idea what I am going to do now after teams dropped. Was going to just trade Bines sideways to Ladhams this week for Gawn Ruck cover but hes been dropped!

Bewley and OBaker dropped also stuffs me there too as I needed one of them to cover Cripps (still holding B.Scott at M11). Wanted to go Baker/Bewley to Kyle Dunkley/Marc Murphy but I am $3k short! :mad:

So if Gawn is a late out I'm potentially looking at 2 x donuts! Happy to cop 1 but not 2.

I've got Answerth on def bench and Setterfield on fwd bench but would need to find a rookie downgrade to activate a swing for one of the them. Not keen on Chol as I already hold Robbie Young and don't want a fwd bench of Chol/Young in the run home. Cameron doesn't overly appeal to me either but beggars may not be choosers.

A Kyle Dunkley debut would be gold as I'd just bring him straight in for B.Scott and use him on field week 1.

I'm still reeling at brining in Gawn for $725k (for Goldy) last week. After thinking it would be not having Gawn who would sink my season, it was ultimately getting him that did so.

Moving on ...

Looking at:

Smith to Hurn
Daniel to Boak

I'd earmarked this as the week that I finally get rid of Angus Brayshaw but, alas, Daniel's injury provides him another week to disappoint me.

Hore > Westhoff
Daniel > Boak

Would leave me with only 2 trades & 20k with Logue at D6 who would be my final Def upgrade via a Gibbons > def/mid rookie downgrade in 2-3 weeks time (injuries permitting) Thoughts?

View attachment 703213
View attachment 703214
I’m also looking at the Hoff. Is it a trap? Pure madness?
Had him all last year and he was great. Either Dixon back he could score better playing further up the ground. Hopefully being dropped has kicked him up the ass.
Would be covering Daniel for 3/4 weeks for me and then become F7/R3 for finals... 🤔

Daniel/Moore = Donut
Gawn = Likely donut
Danger = ???

View attachment 703302
View attachment 703303
You're copping a donut somewhere, can't cover all 3 lines with Scott and Young still in your team. I think the best option is to cop the Gawn donut and fix other lines

Daniel to Boak
Bewley to Sloane

or any other premo combination you like

If Hately somehow plays you can bring in Westhoff to for Moore to cover Gawn, and sideways Daniel to whoever. Hold money in the bank to bring in another premo next week

I've currently got Worpel at F6.... He has been a very consistent scorer and you can bank on 85-95 weekly.

Question is, should I turn him into Marshall?

Or am I better off using that money to turn Hore into Hurn/Whitfield? :think:

I think Westhoff is a good option this week. Gives you RUCK/FWD cover for the year.
Last week was a kick up the bum, Hinkley loves him, he'll play for the rest of the year.

I think Westhoff is a good option this week. Gives you RUCK/FWD cover for the year.
Last week was a kick up the bum, Hinkley loves him, he'll play for the rest of the year.

It's either him or Jy Simpkin (who is getting crazy midfield mins but burns the footy/gives away free kicks).

I’m also looking at the Hoff. Is it a trap? Pure madness?
Had him all last year and he was great. Either Dixon back he could score better playing further up the ground. Hopefully being dropped has kicked him up the ass.
Would be covering Daniel for 3/4 weeks for me and then become F7/R3 for finals... 🤔

He's not so much of a risk for me as he's only R3/F7 covering for Gawn for 1 week. I'm not too fussed if he only averages 75-80 for the remaining games. The only risk I'm taking is him being dropped again. He played 130 games straight and Port were worse without him last week.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back