Option 1:
Stewart->Dawson
Rosas->Steele
159k in the bank, 3 trades left

Option 2:
Stewart->Dawson
Rosas->Laird
71k in the bank, 3 trades left

full premo with luke jackson and daicos as cover across all lines. Thoughts?
Option two

Jul 5, 2017
AFL Club
Essendon
Advice here ?
Hit hard by injuries and trades are low. Was so close to having a full team before major carnage.
4672edc66911dff02e3726ef2d723512.jpg
3f11b8f72c36010457f8f9c452309f26.jpg

View attachment 1434833

Scored 2,454 and Hobbs killed any chance I had of scoring over 2,500, so that F6 position will need to be upgraded. My initial plan last week was to upgrade Hobbs to Jackson, play him in the ruck (keeping English at R3), and then play Jeffrey.

But of course Jeffrey had to do his knee, so had to deviate to Gawn -> Witts and English -> Darcy. Not a bad result thus far, but need some guidance with only 5 trades left.

Have $69.3k in the bank, and only option I am really considering is downgrading Wehr to D'Ambrosio and then upgrading Jeffrey to Jackson for F7 with the view to loop him in as my F6/R3 cover and keep Hobbs as my FWD/MID swing cover for as long as I can, and have 3 trades remaining. Would then have to trade Jackson after 4 weeks of holding him.

My only other option is trading Jeffrey for D'Ambrosio, swing Will Kelly FWD, and upgrading Hobbs to Libba (unfortuantely fall short of Bont by $4k or so). I don't mind this, except it leaves me with no cover on the FWD bench with Will Kelly and Baldwin as donuts. Plus, the MID bench cover looks bare if Clarke is dropped. Would literally only have Wehr and D'Ambrosio as playing benchies in DEF.

Thoughts peeps?

SCE RD15 DJ TEAM.png

Have also worked out I can do the following:

Wehr -> D'Ambrosio
Jeffrey -> Baker (opens up DEF/FWD DPP), whilst still keeping Hobbs as MID/FWD M9/F7 cover.

Only downside is it leaves me with around $2k in the bank with 3 trades remaining. Thoughts?

Don't trade Weir he's soild cover .

Jeffery down unsure who too.
Hobbs upgrade ..

Trouble is there aren't any reliable bench cover rookies up FWD.

D'Ambrosio should play the remainder of the year if the Dons are fair dinkum about rebuilding and looking towards next season, and reckon he has equal job security to Wehr at present.

Best I can afford with a Hobbs upgrade to a semi-premo is Libba or Goldy, but leave me with no cover up FWD, and don't trust Bazzo.

Look above at my proposed Baker trade.

View attachment 1435031

Have also worked out I can do the following:

Wehr -> D'Ambrosio
Jeffrey -> Baker (opens up DEF/FWD DPP), whilst still keeping Hobbs as MID/FWD M9/F7 cover.

Only downside is it leaves me with around $2k in the bank with 3 trades remaining. Thoughts?

I like the Baker trade he is only getting better and a great POD.
If it also allows you to hold Hobbs that's a bonus he just had a bad game last week ALL rookies do.

I like the Baker trade he is only getting better and a great POD.
If it also allows you to hold Hobbs that's a bonus he just had a bad game last week ALL rookies do.

As a Tigers man, is it concerning he is like a Swiss Army knife being played in multiple positions? I noticed he had a season high 47% CBAs on the weekend - do you think that could persist and whose spot did he take?

Just worried he will get marooned up forward, but looks to be potentially taking Short’s old spot when in DEF.

May 16, 2017
Brisbane
AFL Club
Carlton
As a Tigers man, is it concerning he is like a Swiss Army knife being played in multiple positions? I noticed he had a season high 47% CBAs on the weekend - do you think that could persist and whose spot did he take?

Just worried he will get marooned up forward, but looks to be potentially taking Short’s old spot when in DEF.
I would rather just trade Hobbs instead of Jeffery to get a 100% top line player like Libba, Bont, Cogs or someone around that price so you don't have any of these questions. Baker a great player, not sure will be a great supercoach player. Points on field more important than off. Would be great if you could keep Hobbs but don't think you should prioritize him.

Nov 6, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
🇦🇺 🇦🇺 🇦🇺 West Adelaide

Is taking Shorts old role .....Baker went into the midfield to cover for Prestia ....both Prestia and Cotchin back soon

Short should be good, this week ....but worried about him longterm

Thinking Short to Stewart in 4 games time

JRyan23

Premiership Player
Oct 6, 2016
AFL Club
Gold Coast
1656397289212.png

Hello everyone, so for this week I plan to hold trades ATM

I would like to make my side fully premo next week by trading Wehr to a MID/FWD rookie (that is playing) and Hough to Steele. I can do the trade rn if i wanted but waiting til next week to save more $$. This will leave me with 4 trades and fully premium, however my cover scares me

BUT, as you can see I don't have Oliver or Bont. Is there anything I could do to get them and Steele, that would allow me to have 2 trades remaining? Or just sit on my team and have 4 trades

Also would like to get Stewart once he returns from suspension

Cheers

If this bloke's not at the top of the traded in listings, something's wrong with our society....
yeralizard.png

Toodle-oo, I'm off to admire my OUTRAGEOUS reptile collection.

Genuine questions:

Aaron Hall sideways: What are people's thoughts around taking a chance on an underperforming DEF (Short, Ridley types) to Hall?
Can you do something like that if you're down to 5 trades or fewer or is it getting too cute?

West Coast: Who would be your FWD / MID/FWD Eagles midprice pick if you went one? Darling, Rioli, Kennedy, Ryan, none of the above?
Was thinking they might start to rebound a bit. Would be F7 cover and on-field this week over Rosas if English doesn't get up.

JRyan23

Premiership Player
Oct 6, 2016
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Genuine questions:

Aaron Hall sideways: What are people's thoughts around taking a chance on an underperforming DEF (Short, Ridley types) to Hall?
Can you do something like that if you're down to 5 trades or fewer or is it getting too cute?

West Coast: Who would be your FWD / MID/FWD Eagles midprice pick if you went one? Darling, Rioli, Kennedy, Ryan, none of the above?
Was thinking they might start to rebound a bit. Would be F7 cover and on-field this week over Rosas if English doesn't get up.
Personally as a Short holder, his next 3 are against WC, GC and North, I will assess how he goes after those 3. Say stewart gets 3 weeks you can then get stewart in for him, and he will be a MASSIVE POD, as most people won't have the trades to get him in. If I had Ridley I would trade him to Hall tho

Mar 1, 2011
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Leeds United
View attachment 1435141

Hello everyone, so for this week I plan to hold trades ATM

I would like to make my side fully premo next week by trading Wehr to a MID/FWD rookie (that is playing) and Hough to Steele. I can do the trade rn if i wanted but waiting til next week to save more $$. This will leave me with 4 trades and fully premium, however my cover scares me

BUT, as you can see I don't have Oliver or Bont. Is there anything I could do to get them and Steele, that would allow me to have 2 trades remaining? Or just sit on my team and have 4 trades

Also would like to get Stewart once he returns from suspension

Cheers
If you wanted to get Oliver and Bont in using only 2 trades, you would need to hope for kind price movements over the next 2-3 weeks to enable you to sideways a H'berg to Bont and a premo mid to Oliver. And to get that cash you would need your exiting players to be scoring very well and Bont/Oliver to not score well, in which case you have less impetus to make the trade.

I agree hold trades. See what next week brings.

Mar 6, 2018
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Timberwolves
Genuine questions:

I have 3 trades and Ridley as D6. I am considering holding for Stewart (Final runs) or flipping to Hall/Docherty.

I would pull the trigger if Ridley is out injured (had a sore shoulder). Hall is worth the risk cause he is literally taking all kick-outs and which increases his floor. All bullshit pick works this year why not a soft tissue injury player do the same.

I gotta look at my league match up cause I need to win all my cashie match-up.

Ingy

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 5, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
Genuine questions:

Some genius around here got JJK in at 197k. I wasn't in love with the move at the time, but it didn't not work. Scored 97, went up 35k and has a BE of -30. You're right, the Eagles will be a lot better in the back half than they were before the byes. As an F7 it isn't a horrible idea.

Something like Short to Hall is high risk, high reward. I haven't totally ruled it out yet but I probably won't go there. Doesn't mean you shouldn't!

Mar 6, 2018
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Timberwolves
Some genius around here got JJK in at 197k. I wasn't in love with the move at the time, but it didn't not work. Scored 97, went up 35k and has a BE of -30. You're right, the Eagles will be a lot better in the back half than they were before the byes. As an F7 it isn't a horrible idea.

Something like Short to Hall is high risk, high reward. I haven't totally ruled it out yet but I probably won't go there. Doesn't mean you shouldn't!

wtf jjk 197k. thats like loophole Value

JRyan23

Premiership Player
Oct 6, 2016
AFL Club
Gold Coast
If you wanted to get Oliver and Bont in using only 2 trades, you would need to hope for kind price movements over the next 2-3 weeks to enable you to sideways a H'berg to Bont and a premo mid to Oliver. And to get that cash you would need your exiting players to be scoring very well and Bont/Oliver to not score well, in which case you have less impetus to make the trade.

I agree hold trades. See what next week brings.
Yep exactly what I was thinking, might be able to get one, but unlikely to get both. I'm playing for leagues and I am the only bloke in my whole league without Clarry, and I get constantly abused for it (rightfully so). Himmelberg would become Bont if his role changes, but yeah not sure I can get Clarry

Will hold this week

Mar 1, 2011
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Leeds United
My team before trades this week:
1656399163921.png

Stewart will need to go. I wanted to hang onto the McCartin/Bazzo link for the remainder of the season, but I am so tempted to pull the trigger on:

Stewart -> Hall
McCartin -> Bont

Without McCartin I have "OK" bench cover in Wehr, Hough and West. Maybe that will be enough as the JS of all 3 of those looks good. Reliable to score in the 50-70 range I reckon.

With 4 trades left I can maybe upgrade one of Heeney/Short/Tom Green/Merrett in the run home and also get Stewart back in after his suspension, and leave 1-2 trades for injury. The reality is I'll need all 4 for injuries I suspect.

Sigh...never enough trades...

JRyan23

Premiership Player
Oct 6, 2016
AFL Club
Gold Coast
My team before trades this week:
View attachment 1435157

Stewart will need to go. I wanted to hang onto the McCartin/Bazzo link for the remainder of the season, but I am so tempted to pull the trigger on:

Stewart -> Hall
McCartin -> Bont

Without McCartin I have "OK" bench cover in Wehr, Hough and West. Maybe that will be enough as the JS of all 3 of those looks good. Reliable to score in the 50-70 range I reckon.

With 4 trades left I can maybe upgrade one of Heeney/Short/Tom Green/Merrett in the run home and also get Stewart back in after his suspension, and leave 1-2 trades for injury. The reality is I'll need all 4 for injuries I suspect.

Sigh...never enough trades...
Personally, I would look to trade McCartin cause that FWD line is poor, the two trades you have stated is exactly what I would do if I was in your position.

Mar 1, 2011
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Leeds United
Personally, I would look to trade McCartin cause that FWD line is poor, the two trades you have stated is exactly what I would do if I was in your position.
Thanks, yeah, my fwds have been my achilles heel all season.

I figure if I reserve one trade for when Hall inevitably gets injured then maybe I'll be OK.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back