Trades Round 16 Trades

Remove this Banner Ad

Tbh got so much to deal with I may not make any trades at all this round, I have 4 currently

Got Humphrey, but I may see if he's listed up forward before I decide to trade him - my plan was always to have him looped with Fyfe, and if he goes back to the middle then I won't care if he's losing value

Got Yeo, but I'm considering running with Melican on field until he either comes back or I'm forced to avoid a donut

Got Titch, but I'll see if he's omitted before I make any changes, and I might not even then... Can always cover him with Fyfe and loop Humphrey with Maric

I was actually all pumped up to use 2 trades, keep 2 trades and complete my team before the Yeo/Mitchell news, but now it's driven home how valuable trades will be in these coming rounds

This is my first time playing since 2014 when I finished at 33k. Currently sitting at 12k and will probably make finals in all my leagues, so I'm feeling pretty content

View attachment 1724734

7 trades and 36k in the bank (1 boost)

The time has come to make a decision on a few players - Gawn/Briggs combo, Humphrey and Ashcroft/Wilmot.

Current thinking is

1. Gawn - Gulden (via Madden)
2. Humphrey -> Fletcher
3. Ashcroft -> Premo mid under 645k (Libba, Walsh, Mills, Serong)

Would leave me with 4 trades
Wilmot to cover DEF/MID, Fletcher and Johnson to cover Clarry. Maric as only Forward cover..

Is it too late on Sheldrick? Could get him over Fletcher if the mid choice is Walsh.

Sadly Lions game forces my hand this week to make trades.

Unless I hold off on the upgrade and just do Gawn-> Gulden and dg Humpa. I had planned to trade Johnson and Ashcroft and hold Humpa, but his role on the weekend was poor and he will start bleeding value now.

Any other ideas?

EDIT- Instead of Fletcher I could go with Hewett or Binns if named (brings back MID/FWD DPP) which frees up additional $
Your F6 is your main priority, you need to get Maric off field, so Gawn to Gulden makes sense for sure.

Walsh has a BE of 96, so you could almost wait a week on that trade unless you want the higher average guys Libba/Serong? On form I'd be going Libba or Serong out of those options, unless you need the extra cash for a later upgrade, then I'd go Walsh, with Mills last for me. Just can't trust horse and Mills's role.

My mid bench is Ashcroft/Johnson/Humphrey covering Oliver, so I'm going Binns to get the M/F loop as he is cheaper. I'm not too fussed if he plays or not though.

David Cunningham another option at $163,800 (M/F) for your rookie if selected? I've looked at Fletcher but I'm a bit scarred after the Sharp fiasco.

I can keep Cincotta instead of Melican as D7 but that means I'll have 129k to swap from Wardlaw to Mills next week (means I just need Mills to not go huge), or otherwise keeping Wardlaw over Johnson. Worth the slight risk (and no money leftover) for better defense bench cover?

Your F6 is your main priority, you need to get Maric off field, so Gawn to Gulden makes sense for sure.

Walsh has a BE of 96, so you could almost wait a week on that trade unless you want the higher average guys Libba/Serong? On form I'd be going Libba or Serong out of those options, unless you need the extra cash for a later upgrade, then I'd go Walsh, with Mills last for me. Just can't trust horse and Mills's role.

My mid bench is Ashcroft/Johnson/Humphrey covering Oliver, so I'm going Binns to get the M/F loop as he is cheaper. I'm not too fussed if he plays or not though.

David Cunningham another option at $163,800 (M/F) for your rookie if selected? I've looked at Fletcher but I'm a bit scarred after the Sharp fiasco.
Yeha I think Gawn to Gulden is the best option. He has the ceiling, is well priced for potential output. Could go with a Macrae, particularly if I went with Walsh, however his role seems to be all over the place now with Treloar and Daniel in the middle.

Butters would be an option but his scoring is very similar to Gulden for a lot more $.

Question I need to work out probably comes down to who goes out of Ashcroft and Johnson, and what rookie & premo combo come in.

Libba/Jelly & Binns (keeping Johnson as cover for Oliver) +70k bank
Serong & Binns (Johnson cover) +127k bank

Serong & Binns (Ashcroft cover) +26k
Walsh & Binns (Ashcroft cover) +70k

For all of these scenarios I could bring in Cuningham over Binns except the Serong/Ashcroft one.

Yeha I think Gawn to Gulden is the best option. He has the ceiling, is well priced for potential output. Could go with a Macrae, particularly if I went with Walsh, however his role seems to be all over the place now with Treloar and Daniel in the middle.

Butters would be an option but his scoring is very similar to Gulden for a lot more $.

Question I need to work out probably comes down to who goes out of Ashcroft and Johnson, and what rookie & premo combo come in.

For all of these scenarios I could bring in Cuningham over Binns except the Serong/Ashcroft one.
I reckon generally people leave way too much money on their bench.

I'd go with the option that gets your best possible team on the field which seems to be #1.

Johnson as cover is fine.

In normal circumstances I would agree with jdwood, but you need cover for Oliver. Ashcroft has 3 of his next 4 at the Gabba where he scores much better, with one of those against West Coast next week.

I'm in the Serong/Walsh Binn, and keep Ashcroft, for now. Trade his arse after the West Coast game.

Johnson has been good of late but Ashcroft has been pretty consistent really.

In normal circumstances I would agree with jdwood, but you need cover for Oliver. Ashcroft has 3 of his next 4 at the Gabba where he scores much better, with one of those against West Coast next week.

I'm in the Serong/Walsh Binn, and keep Ashcroft, for now. Trade his arse after the West Coast game.

Johnson has been good of late but Ashcroft has been pretty consistent really.

If I didn’t need to cover Oliver then I would definitely be trading Ashcroft and bringing in Libba.

It’s the fact I need to cover Oliver (and would only be left with 4 trades) that has me hesitant with that approach. Particularly as there the whole Oliver situation has been a shitshow.

Wonder if I went Walsh/Binns what I could get for Ashcroft in 2 weeks. ~470k. Will be able to afford Mills, but a mid/fwd dpp would be better for the side

If I didn’t need to cover Oliver then I would definitely be trading Ashcroft and bringing in Libba.

It’s the fact I need to cover Oliver (and would only be left with 4 trades) that has me hesitant with that approach. Particularly as there the whole Oliver situation has been a shitshow.

Wonder if I went Walsh/Binns what I could get for Ashcroft in 2 weeks. ~470k. Will be able to afford Mills, but a mid/fwd dpp would be better for the side
Walsh is tracking for DPP apparently.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Argh, I'm still spinning around about which "rookie"... Fletcher, Hewett, Cuningham... someone else?

Fletcher looks a player, but is young, in a strong side.... surely gets squeezed.
Hewett is in a dogshit side so will barely score, but is talented so should play.
Cuningham... DPP.... 26yo, so SHOULD be ready to go... legs might explode at any second.

Which way to go?

Does it even matter?

Argh, I'm still spinning around about which "rookie"... Fletcher, Hewett, Cuningham... someone else?

Fletcher looks a player, but is young, in a strong side.... surely gets squeezed.
Hewett is in a dogshit side so will barely score, but is talented so should play.
Cuningham... DPP.... 26yo, so SHOULD be ready to go... legs might explode at any second.

Which way to go?

Does it even matter?
JS is the key thing now? If it doesn't matter if they play or not just get a $102k donut for max cash.

Which way to go?

Does it even matter?

Flip a coin. Mine landed on Fletcher.

Hump > Fletcher
Oliver > Serong
Mitchell > Taranto

Oliver getting turfed and banking 100k on Serong allowed me to turn Mitchell into Taranto so not all bad.

I got a weird feeling I should go Butters instead - it probably doesn't matter and I've been regretting trading out Taranto late before Round 1 for a while lol.

Farrrkk me, I just know The Rat is going to be sub and keep bleeding cash, but I can only trade him to a defender, and there's nobody to downgrade him to. Don't want it to be a donut with Constable already at D8.

How is Dewar only named on the extended bench? That defence had 200 points kicked on it last week ffs.

Why must it be so hard for a kent to exterminate a Rat?

Which way to go?

Does it even matter?
Hewett

Why would people trade in Jaspa fletcher who is mid only over David Cunningham who is mid forward? Genuine question

Only had 7 trades left but couldn’t help myself.

Humphrey > Jaspa
Jezza > Sinclair

Can’t wait to see how the SC Gods make a mockery of these trades in the coming weeks…

Remove this Banner Ad

Back