Trades Round 16 Trades

Remove this Banner Ad

If I didn’t need to cover Oliver then I would definitely be trading Ashcroft and bringing in Libba.

It’s the fact I need to cover Oliver (and would only be left with 4 trades) that has me hesitant with that approach. Particularly as there the whole Oliver situation has been a shitshow.

Wonder if I went Walsh/Binns what I could get for Ashcroft in 2 weeks. ~470k. Will be able to afford Mills, but a mid/fwd dpp would be better for the side
I hope you kept Ashcroft😎

Sinclair or Houston? Massively conflicted and somewhat lured by the PODness of Houston. Similar price and average, both with huge ceilings and the occasional low score. Was planning to kick the can down the road a week but can DPP a maxxed out Van Rooyen and it probably swings a H2H at the top of the ladder for me and helps overall rank so am likely taking the plunge this round. 5 trades remaining. Grateful for any wisdom.

Last edited:
5 trades
150k in bank
Thinking Humpa to Walsh
Hold or make a trade?
100% trade.
Humphrey probably play forward again and then miller back the following week.
Suns playing Collingwood then port. Very low chance he burns you.

With a few rooks on field (albeit good ones) a POD like Walsh could give you an edge on the run home. Will comfortably put score humphrey by minimum 20 a week and probably closer to 30-40 per week IMO..

Argh, I'm still spinning around about which "rookie"... Fletcher, Hewett, Cuningham... someone else?

Fletcher looks a player, but is young, in a strong side.... surely gets squeezed.
Hewett is in a dogshit side so will barely score, but is talented so should play.
Cuningham... DPP.... 26yo, so SHOULD be ready to go... legs might explode at any second.

Which way to go?

Does it even matter?
Can you get to an Amartey/Flanders?

Sinclair or Houston? Massively conflicted and somewhat lured by the PODness of Houston. Similar price and average, both with huge ceilings and the occasional low score. Was planning to kick the can down the road a week but can DPP a maxxed out Van Rooyen and it probably swings a H2H at the top of the ladder for me and helps overall rank so am likely taking the plunge this round. 5 trades remaining. Grateful for any wisdom.
Sinclair.

In two (three?) minds as to what to do this week. Currently ranked just out of the top 250 and have 9 trades left, so can afford to be a bit bold. My team, like many, is pretty cookie cutter.

Option 1:

Out: Humphrey, Sturt
In: Walsh, Maric

Rationale: Cleanest option. Walsh clearly underpriced. Get a dead rookie off for one that should continue to get games. Coverage on each line is Cincotta/Melican, Johnson/Cincotta, Windhager/Maric.

Option 2:

Out: Humphrey, Cincotta
In: Libba/Jelly, Maric

Rationale: Get some more firepower into the team for the last upgrade. Bring in a potentially big scorer with sub 10% ownership. Leaves me with only Melican covering defence, but with 7 trades and no upgrades after these, I can afford a sideways if needs be.

Option 3:

Out: Oliver, Humphrey
In: Macrae/Serong, Walsh

Rationale: This is the best combo I can afford with the money I have (without downgrading anyone). Deal with Humphrey and Oliver in one swoop. Issue is that I'm replacing one of the best mids in the game (Oliver) with a sub-optimal option. If I could afford Trac/Libba/Kelly, it would be a different story.

I'm currently leaning option 2, but would love any thoughts?

In two (three?) minds as to what to do this week. Currently ranked just out of the top 250 and have 9 trades left, so can afford to be a bit bold. My team, like many, is pretty cookie cutter.

Option 1:

Rationale: Cleanest option. Walsh clearly underpriced. Get a dead rookie off for one that should continue to get games. Coverage on each line is Cincotta/Melican, Johnson/Cincotta, Windhager/Maric.

Option 2:

Rationale: Get some more firepower into the team for the last upgrade. Bring in a potentially big scorer with sub 10% ownership. Leaves me with only Melican covering defence, but with 7 trades and no upgrades after these, I can afford a sideways if needs be.

Option 3:

Rationale: This is the best combo I can afford with the money I have (without downgrading anyone). Deal with Humphrey and Oliver in one swoop. Issue is that I'm replacing one of the best mids in the game (Oliver) with a sub-optimal option. If I could afford Trac/Libba/Kelly, it would be a different story.

Option 2. In your position, with a relatively high number of trades it's all about points on field. As you said you can just use your trades as cover.

Great position to be in, you'll be praying to the SC Gods for some carnage to popular players.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Kept Ashcroft!

Also have Wilmot on the bench. Question will be who am I taking off. Sheezel or Day.
Day is home against Carl, who are coming off the bye....
Sheezel is away at Adel with Nth coming off the bye....

If it was me, I'd bench Sheez, but I have Coleman in a keeper league, and I benched him, so what do I know...;)

Day is home against Carl, who are coming off the bye....
Sheezel is away at Adel with Nth coming off the bye....

If it was me, I'd bench Sheez, but I have Coleman in a keeper league, and I benched him, so what do I know...;)
If Tyrell Dewar gets named, then I can only bench Day anyway. If he is in the WAFL then I have the choice. Would probably lean towards Sheez

OK folks – looking for some guidance from the brains trust on this one. I’d planned to boost this week and go Ashcroft -> Walsh, Cincotta -> a non-playing rook and Ginbey -> Ryan. Unfortunately, I had to do the Ashcroft trade before last night, but I’d kept Wilmot as E Def in the unlikely event that he went big. Well, now that he has it puts me in a bit of a dilemma. Basically, I’ve got 2 options:
  • Forget the Ryan trade. Take Sheezel’s score at D6, take Johnson (loop) or Ginbey at M8 and go into the remainder of the season with 7 trades.
  • Do the trades anyway. DPP magic gets me this team, with 5 trades left…
1688085971613.png
I lose my DM loop for future rounds, but it allows me to move Sheezel back to cover Wilmot if needed. Top 1k is a pipe dream, but I'm still looking at maximising my ranking. I guess my biggest fear now is if Dunkley has a LTI.

Thoughts???

Option 1:

Option 2:

Option 3:

Option 2.

Trigger pulled...

Humphrey and Jezza
To
D.Cam and Tarryn Thomas (both being Roughied).

5 trades left.

Tarryns position at F6 the only one earmarked to be upgraded to make my team 'complete'.
Newcombe averaging 95 at M8 isn't so much of a concern from an upgrade perspective. He's durable, and had 10 scores of 99 or above from his 14 games, which is perfectly acceptable for a POD.

Debating between 3 different options this week, depending on whether it's worth using 2 trades or not. I've got 10 trades left so that's not an issue and 37k to work with.

Option 1
Humphrey > Himmelberg

Probably my least favourite option but an easy sideways without costing anything. Could play the loophole game with S.Mitchell with this option.

Option 2
Humphrey > Hewett

This would involve playing Mitchell at F6 for the next 2 weeks (likely until Sicily returns) then use that extra money to upgrade him and Ashcroft after the WC game - potentially Oliver if he is back, Butter who should drop in price the next 2 weeks, potentially Sicliy if there is a value midfielder option that week. I'm more a league player so holding off for a few rounds to try and get better overall players in seems like a decent option but is it too late in the season to be holding off on trading someone in?

Option 3
Humphrey > Hewett
Mitchell > Jackson

This is the more proactive trade but I'm not thrilled with any of my options to bring in so landed on Jackson. My concern is his scoring slows with Darcy back. I also considered Martin or Ridley (via Sheezel) but I don't like Essendon's opponents over the next 4 rounds. Luke Ryan another option. Maybe Tex if I want to be risky and I have the trades to move him once his price spikes.

I think I'm leaning to option 2, even if it is the more boring option but any thoughts/feedback on the best option would be great.

Screenshot 2023-06-30 at 10.59.17 am.png

OK folks – looking for some guidance from the brains trust on this one. I’d planned to boost this week and go Ashcroft -> Walsh, Cincotta -> a non-playing rook and Ginbey -> Ryan. Unfortunately, I had to do the Ashcroft trade before last night, but I’d kept Wilmot as E Def in the unlikely event that he went big. Well, now that he has it puts me in a bit of a dilemma. Basically, I’ve got 2 options:
  • Forget the Ryan trade. Take Sheezel’s score at D6, take Johnson (loop) or Ginbey at M8 and go into the remainder of the season with 7 trades.
  • Do the trades anyway. DPP magic gets me this team, with 5 trades left…
View attachment 1725384
I lose my DM loop for future rounds, but it allows me to move Sheezel back to cover Wilmot if needed. Top 1k is a pipe dream, but I'm still looking at maximising my ranking. I guess my biggest fear now is if Dunkley has a LTI.

Thoughts???
I like the way your team looks there. Might as well go for it in your position.

I like the way your team looks there. Might as well go for it in your position.
Yeah - that's the way I was leaning, just with one slight amendment - moving Riccardi onto the field and Kentstable to the bench. Doesn't really achieve anything, just that certain sense of satisfaction in knowing that GC spud will actually serve no practical purpose in my team. :cool:

Tempted by Warner > Butters

That helps with injuries as 4 of my starting 6 forwards are F/M & i can then cover them with Johnson. I'm not sure ill trade Warner but i think Butters is a decent upgrade given Mills being back may affect the amount of CBAs for Warner. Ill only have 2 trades left and 60k in the bank so im not certain. If Maric isnt named, im more likely to do the trade

Should I trade Humphrey > Himmelberg via Constable and keep Yeo for Def cover when he comes back or or trade Yeo for Sheezel?

View attachment 1723819
Sorry for late response. I’d probably look at something like Yeo>HH @ Hump>Mills mate.

What’d you end up doing?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back