Review Round 16 vs Richmond @ Marvel Stadium (01.07.2021 @ 7:20pm)

Remove this Banner Ad

Jul 11, 2006
Chermside
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
See Below
Goldcoast-vs-Richmond.png

2021 AFL Season
Round 16
Gold Coast FC vs Richmond Tiger
Marvel Stadium, Docklands, Victoria
Thursday, July 1st. 7:20 pm - Australian Eastern Standard Time​

Last edited:

Hard to make many changes with the 2s game being postponed.

Swallow I think still misses due to that 12 game concussion rule. Thursday falls on the 12th day I think, so won't make it.

Collins in for Graham. Hopefully he's fit. I think that's all we can do?
I reckon Chris Burgess is a better defender than Graham if Collo doesnt get up -but Dew and Haines don't
Anderson Rowell and Rankine look like they just arrived from Plodsville at the moment
We're just past the bye so you can't really "manage them"
But I'd probably rest them given it's unlikely we'll be playing VFL anytime soon and play Fiorini and Brodie
Maybe spin the wheel and try Jeffrey
As SOA said in another thread- we have the most ridiculously unbalanced list

Coming up against Richmond after they had a terrible loss..
God help us all.
I wouldnt be too worried mate
our entire backline has been decimated
Astbury - Maybe ready ?
Balta - Out for the season and beyond
Broad - out for the season
Vlastuin - Probably wont get up and maybe out couple

just kick it long

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Id bring in Farrar, Jeffrey.

Drop Sexton/Rankine for Jeffery

Move Day Back and drop Graham.

Would like Burgess back in the team as well but not sure who he could replace.

Dew said the reason Corbett doesn’t play every game is because he hasn’t been able to train for weeks. It’s a week to week proposition. Anyone know the problem?

Sharp 20 touches was encouraging.
Flanders highest ranking player to half time and then taken away from the play. More mid time this week.

Hopefully Collins is back. Farrar can play tall or short and amazed he’s out of the team.
We have been smashed at clearances. Play Brodie and work to his strengths. He’s never going to win the Boston marathon but use him for what he’s good at.

Dew said the reason Corbett doesn’t play every game is because he hasn’t been able to train for weeks. It’s a week to week proposition. Anyone know the problem?

Sharp 20 touches was encouraging.
Flanders highest ranking player to half time and then taken away from the play. More mid time this week.

Hopefully Collins is back. Farrar can play tall or short and amazed he’s out of the team.
We have been smashed at clearances. Play Brodie and work to his strengths. He’s never going to win the Boston marathon but use him for what he’s good at.

I don't buy that he's a week to week proposition....
He didn't play the 1st 4 rounds and then played every game from 5-10. Rd10 was 21st May and the VFL didn't play the next 2 weeks, and the 1st had the bye in the 2nd of those weeks, so he couldn't play there.
The following week he wasn't selected in either AFL or VFL team, and was not listed on our Injury list for that week..
He then played VFL the next week and AFL the week after.

I wouldn't call that a week to week proposition.......

Some players just can't train game to game - it's not that uncommon. Unfortunately, some players need blocks of training to maintain their form, or feel like they need to get it. If Corbett sits in this bracket of not being able to train but relying on training to maintain form, then that's something we'll have to manage better. Can't make a career of going out of the side every few weeks.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back