Review Round 16 vs Richmond @ Marvel Stadium (01.07.2021 @ 7:20pm)

Remove this Banner Ad

The media has been talking about Richmond losing a grasp on its 3rd premiership, hopefully they are taking that as a grain of salt and are concentrating on what is happening now, nothing worse than the media putting expectations on players.

Yeah chanting someone is a w***er at a venue with kids around everywhere is a real good way to make yourself known. Real nice.

Bit like having one of your disgusting members come and stand in one of the blocked off rows in front of us start carrying on like a pork chop spitting all over everyone in the cheer squad. Also we can’t help that Lynch likes to try and take cheap shots on players behind play because we’ll he is a w***er. :)

Yeah chanting someone is a w***er at a venue with kids around everywhere is a real good way to make yourself known. Real nice.

I don't think you even went last night did you Grechy. Too far to walk from the MCG?

Okay okay. I should have posted last night, but you know, watching the replay when I got home, then had to get up early for training this morning.

But here we are.

That was the first time ive personally seen a suns win (when it wasn't against my team haha) and I admit, I was very nervous for most of the game. But the boys just didn't give up like they normally would. Previously they would have faded out in the last quarter and let richmond run over them, but not this time. There was definitely a sense of maturity about this peformance.

Touk was a freak. Many peple waking up ths morning like -- what the fck is a Touk and where can I get one?

King with 4 goals was brilliant as well. I thought the resurgance came from most of the youth. Lead by Miller and Swallow to a degree.

Umpiring wasn't great, but hasn't been all year.
I was saying to a richmond fan in front of me, the scoreboard flattered Richmond, because if the suns had kicked straight, this would have been over at half time. It was a pure domanince, just wasn't always on the scoreboard. But they hung in there, and found that extra gear to power on and got reward for all the hard work they did.

The atmostphere was fantastic. Really could be heard throughout the ground, and I was sitting on the wing -- Just behind the interchange bench, and you could hear the noise, and chants. Loved it.

It was nice meeting CanYouFeelTheSunburn after the game, and of course SUNS over the last couple days.

Okay okay. I should have posted last night, but you know, watching the replay when I got home, then had to get up early for training this morning.

But here we are.

That was the first time ive personally seen a suns win (when it wasn't against my team haha) and I admit, I was very nervous for most of the game. But the boys just didn't give up like they normally would. Previously they would have faded out in the last quarter and let richmond run over them, but not this time. There was definitely a sense of maturity about this peformance.

Touk was a freak. Many peple waking up ths morning like -- what the fck is a Touk and where can I get one?

King with 4 goals was brilliant as well. I thought the resurgance came from most of the youth. Lead by Miller and Swallow to a degree.

Umpiring wasn't great, but hasn't been all year.
I was saying to a richmond fan in front of me, the scoreboard flattered Richmond, because if the suns had kicked straight, this would have been over at half time. It was a pure domanince, just wasn't always on the scoreboard. But they hung in there, and found that extra gear to power on and got reward for all the hard work they did.

The atmostphere was fantastic. Really could be heard throughout the ground, and I was sitting on the wing -- Just behind the interchange bench, and you could hear the noise, and chants. Loved it.

It was nice meeting CanYouFeelTheSunburn after the game, and of course SUNS over the last couple days.

Was so great to meet you too Jen :) please come to Ballarat next week!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That was an intense game. Well done to the cheer squad you could clearly hear you on the broadcast that was awesome. Surely the best win in my opinion in our history, if we were a bit cleaner with the ball it could have been a blowout.

I thought most Richmond fans were alright last night. On my walk back to the train after the game, i had to walk through about 100 Richmond fans. I was expecting some abuse but right before i got on my train, five of them stood up and starting clapping me. Proud but strange moment.

I thought most Richmond fans were alright last night. On my walk back to the train after the game, i had to walk through about 100 Richmond fans. I was expecting some abuse but right before i got on my train, five of them stood up and starting clapping me. Proud but strange moment.

Probably cause there was only 9000 of them at the game, instead of 103,000, and with all the hoo ha coming from the Suns end, they thought they were outnumbered....;)

Rated as career best games for Ben King and Jeremy Sharp by AFL ratings

Have to say I really liked Sharp’s game he’s definitely not getting much credit and is slipping under the radar but maybe that’s a good thing.

Kingy played an absolute blinder!

Kingy yes.
Jezza has played 4 games :laughing:
I can never understand these stats but it appears "career"is past 2 years?

Screen Shot 2021-07-03 at 12.13.17 pm.png

Dunno,
Think they take the last 2 years data into account when determining these 'rating points' rankings

Not sure if 'career best' on the weekly info they send out just looks at the past 2 years or full career

Remove this Banner Ad

Back