Review Round 16 - vs Richmond.

Mar 18, 2011
Everett
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
New England Patriots
Didn't see a thread on this.

I would look at bringing in Corbett and Murdoch. Collins might also be a chance to come back in. Might need a game in the 2s though?

I would drop Powell who just looks like he has run out of gas and been in steady decline for a while now. 2MP is also really struggling. Get Day to play relief ruck with Corbett and King the guys there full time.

Sep 28, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Arsenal
I would look for:

Out: Powell (Put him back to the 2's to rest his body, maybe for the season), King (Concussion, didn't look great)
In: Corbett (6.1 in the 2's, we need goals), Murdoch (Replace Powell on the wing, played there in the 2's)

Martin and Miller are lucky we have injuries to Bowes and Ainsworth otherwise they would be struggling for a spot after last week.

Collins probably needs a week in the 2's to get some rust out, but then bring him back in.

gcsunsfc

Cancelled
Oct 24, 2012
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Milwaukee Bucks
Captain Bedwetter booooooo
Germball Bedwetter boooooo
Bedwetter Pea Heart Caddy booooooo

That’s my intellectual contribution to the pre game discussion
Not a fan of the name calling but I will certainly be joining you in the booing of those 3 - particularly Lynch and Caddy.

eppo67

Premiership Player
May 24, 2015
AFL Club
Gold Coast
I would look for:

Out: Powell (Put him back to the 2's to rest his body, maybe for the season), King (Concussion, didn't look great)
In: Corbett (6.1 in the 2's, we need goals), Murdoch (Replace Powell on the wing, played there in the 2's)

Martin and Miller are lucky we have injuries to Bowes and Ainsworth otherwise they would be struggling for a spot after last week.

Collins probably needs a week in the 2's to get some rust out, but then bring him back in.
Collins straight back in IMO missed him structurally big time.

Sep 25, 2012
Geelong
AFL Club
Gold Coast
It's hard work as a Suns supporter this year. The wins don't come and the injuries keep coming — almost as if it's an experiment by design to see who can hang in there the longest.

Seriously. A win would be nice. Just one. Any time now.
Yeah despite bits of improvement i just don't enjoy the footy like i used to.

Mini GF

Norm Smith Medallist
May 21, 2017
Southern GC-the beautiful city
AFL Club
Gold Coast
It's hard work as a Suns supporter this year. The wins don't come and the injuries keep coming — almost as if it's an experiment by design to see who can hang in there the longest.

Seriously. A win would be nice. Just one. Any time now.

I can tell you that the Titans Board is much angrier, despondent and more ready to quit than the folks on the Suns Board.

Oct 24, 2008
Mermaid Beach
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
GWS, Celtics, 76ers
I am rapidly losing interest in AFL, I used to watch a few games a week but now only the Suns games and that has become torturous

The bias towards the big clubs, umpiring inconsistency, stupid rule changes like the push in the back, lack of development and the constant drain of our talent makes it tough to keep tuning in

Could be time for a break, at least until our next win, so see you in 2020

Nov 17, 2009
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Gold Coast
I am rapidly losing interest in AFL, I used to watch a few games a week but now only the Suns games and that has become torturous

The bias towards the big clubs, umpiring inconsistency, stupid rule changes like the push in the back, lack of development and the constant drain of our talent makes it tough to keep tuning in

Could be time for a break, at least until our next win, so see you in 2020
Agree with all of that Iva
Think we tapped in about the same time so fitting we tap out around the same
10 years and very little to show other than constant heartbreak
I know we are on a second "rebuild" but unless someone can guarantee me the new stars are staying and I'm not just going to turn up to watch them running around for another team in 5 years I may reluctantly and finally push the stop button on membership auto-renewal
Has the Club announced the King Lukosius Rankine contract extensions or did I miss it in the hub bub surrounding the Josh Schoenfeld 5 year deal?
And don't think I blame the players or the coaches or Mark Evans who must feel like "WTF" every single day
You can see they are all busting a gut( except Jack Martin)
It is what it is, bad initial seutp, poor initial recruitment, and really just bad luck
2 things stand out in my mind
McCaffers dog tackle on Ablett (no free btw)and Nathan Bock's injury
Sliding doors and all that
I hope the Club can energise us longtimers enough to reboot the enthusiasm but I'm all out of juice- a couple of wins would do wonders
Peace out brothers and sisters

Peel67skin

Norm Smith Medallist
May 21, 2017
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool
Instead of putting the blame on other, why not ask where GCS can improve, is it something wrong with Fitness and conditioning department or unlucky for 10 years, is it recruitment/drafting/trade a problem or unlucky, is it too generous to give Swallow, Witts, Sexton long term deal that good players from Vic club only come for retirement fund.

Last edited:
Aug 7, 2013
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Rams, 76's, Brewers
Give Ben King a rest after that head knock. Powell running on fumes and not the same after his concussion incident and could do with a break. Martin dropped.
Corbett in and play him deep one out.
Murdoch back and not sure who else.
Scheer to Houli.
SUNS to Caddy.
Richmond by 35.

Sep 30, 2010
Katherine, NT
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Tampa Bay Buccaneers, TB Lightning,
Give Ben King a rest after that head knock. Powell running on fumes and not the same after his concussion incident and could do with a break. Martin dropped.
Corbett in and play him deep one out.
Murdoch back and not sure who else.
Scheer to Houli.
SUNS to Caddy.
Richmond by 35.

Already beaten him once until they had to send multiple of his teammates on to me! But we are past our beef now! We good!

What I have learnt in able to beat them is you gotta out pressure them. They can't handle it.

id say thats true of most, if not all, teams

our true weakness is big power forwards, all games we have lost has included a big forward dominating the air

id say thats true of most, if not all, teams

our true weakness is big power forwards, all games we have lost has included a big forward dominating the air
That's true. Its what north did to pies. If you're not expecting an intense pressure, it can a bit uneasy.

I like that Coaches have gave Suns respect in the way they play now. Nobody will have it easy against them. It's why there hasn't been a lot of blow outs. It's smart new coaching by Dew.

Back