Review Round 16 - vs Richmond.

Remove this Banner Ad

Nowhere near the standard they’ve held themselves to this year - disgusting

Don’t mind a flogging but not an ounce of effort in the first half - hope the members unleash on them tonight.

Don’t care who you are I expect 7+ changes next week to prove a point

Scheer is on Houli, not dusty.
Cant help with the others...
Sheer started on Dusty right from the start he only lasted about 10-15 minutes.
Dusty destroyed him and the coaches finally made a move but it was to late tigers already had 4-5 goals by that point.
They then moved him on to Houli who also had his way with him.
Sadly it should be his last game, hes not the only one and their were worst players then him tonight so please don’t think I’m just picking him out

Young teams often run out of gas in the back half of the year, this is part of the growing pains. Besides that, do you put this performance down to the list quality or Dew or both?

Both - the list is putrid and Dew is implementing a high contested game plan of trench warfare which will wear down a young team.

Dusty destroyed him and the coaches finally made a move but it was to late tigers already had 4-5 goals by that point.
Sadly it should be his last game, hes not the only one and their were worst players then him tonight so please don’t think I’m just picking him out
Just arrived home from the ground...to read this BS.
Yes Brad had a bad day.
But get your facts right. He tagged Dusty for the entirety of the 1st quarter. They ended it with 2 (yes - Two disposals each).
( So - Dusty contributed nothing to that 9 goal first quarter ).
At start of the second quarter Dusty was moved forward and Joyce assigned to him. Brad started the 2nd in the mids - but was moved forward onto Houli when it was obvious Dusty intended to stay forward. ( Dusty did come back up into the mids later in the match but the tag was never re-instated ).
Houli was on 8 disposals when Brad went onto him - ended with 24 so yes Houli won that battle.
It may well be Brads last game - but a week is long time in football. Remember Jake Lloyd ? - 32 disposals and 8 marks today.

Just arrived home from the ground...to read this BS.
Yes Brad had a bad day.
But get your facts right. He tagged Dusty for the entirety of the 1st quarter. They ended it with 2 (yes - Two disposals each).
( So - Dusty contributed nothing to that 9 goal first quarter ).
At start of the second quarter Dusty was moved forward and Joyce assigned to him. Brad started the 2nd in the mids - but was moved forward onto Houli when it was obvious Dusty intended to stay forward. ( Dusty did come back up into the mids later in the match but the tag was never re-instated ).
Houli was on 8 disposals when Brad went onto him - ended with 24 so yes Houli won that battle.
It may well be Brads last game - but a week is long time in football. Remember Jake Lloyd ? - 32 disposals and 8 marks today.

Good effort to hold Dusty to 2 possessions in a quarter. Bad day for the club but Brad is a good young player who will be better for the experience.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

2MP has been pretty ordinary lately. Day has done better today than any recent performance by 2MP I think?
Agree l meant more so King.
Both - the list is putrid and Dew is implementing a high contested game plan of trench warfare which will wear down a young team.
The body language of the players was very concerning. Very concerned about this Club. Very concerned.
Dew also looks lost with no answers
Jack Martin should be ashamed to collect his paycheck.

Last edited:
Just say you hate Dew. Stop dancing around it like you do. He simply doesn’t rate Brodie and it eats away at you. You then attack other young players on the list. Dusty was very ordinary early on so you must have been watching a different game. He’s averaged 29.5 possessions every time he’s played us (his highest ave ) and was kept to 19 today, and rated 13th best Richmond player by CD. He had little to no impact.
This was Brad’s 12th game of AFL footy and he’s still finding his feet. Whether he makes it or not, who knows, but your ulterior motive (hatred of Dew) and other young players is appalling.

Agree l meant more so King.

The body language of the players was very concerning. Very concerned about this Club. Very concerned.
Has he lost the playing group already ?

Is it because the players feel he doesn’t take on board their feedback ?

It’s very clear the players are not capable of playing his game plan and style of footy.
Something needs to change

Just say you hate Dew. Stop dancing around it like you do. He simply doesn’t rate Brodie and it eats away at you. You then attack other young players on the list. Dusty was very ordinary early on so you must have been watching a different game. He’s averaged 29.5 possessions every time he’s played us (his highest ave ) and was kept to 19 today, and rated 13th best Richmond player by CD. He had little to no impact.
This was Brad’s 12th game of AFL footy and he’s still finding his feet. Whether he makes it or not, who knows, but your ulterior motive (hatred of Dew) and other young players is appalling.

I’ve said it many time mate everyone know that so that why I try and keep it at a minimum now.

I love this club mate and want to see it succeed but it’s not going to happen under dews current set up.
Hopefully he can change a few things then who know what can happen.

We have way to many players that kill it at neafl level but will never make it in the big league.
They need to stop wasting our time and their own money on them.

If you are happy for Dew to keep dropping someone like Brodie then we might as well close up shop now because if we keep pushing afl quality players like him out the door then It’s all over red rover

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’ve said it many time mate everyone know that so that why I try and keep it at a minimum know.

I love this club mate and want to see it succeed but it’s not going to happen under dews current set up.
Hopefully he can change a few thing then who know what can happen.

We have way to many players that kill it at neafl level but will never make it in the big league.
They need to stop wasting our time and their own money
We have way too many players that should never have been drafted or recruited in the first place under Clayton. Dew inherited a shocking list and it still is to be honest.
I’m not sure what game plan can be implemented with the list as it is and injuries to key mids. I pay decent money each year too and I expect those players to stick tackles at the very least.
At least kids who can kick the ball in Weller, Luko, Rankine and McLennan have been picked up.
So tell us about how you’d set us up as coach.

I’ve said it many time mate everyone know that so that why I try and keep it at a minimum now.

If you are happy for Dew to keep dropping someone like Brodie then we might as well close up shop now because if we keep pushing afl quality players like him out the door then It’s all over red rover
You're absolutely correct he's going to kill these kids. It's Roos old style defensive crap they cannot do it. You need a team of 26 to 30 yo experienced hard bodies to do it.
I rather get flogged kicking 100 points than get flogged kicking 50 points.

We have way too many players that should never have been drafted or recruited in the first place under Clayton. Dew inherited a shocking list and it still is to be honest.
I’m not sure what game plan can be implemented with the list as it is and injuries to key mids. I pay decent money each year too and I expect those players to stick tackles at the very least.
At least kids who can kick the ball in Weller, Luko, Rankine and McLennan have been picked up.
So tell us about how you’d set us up as coach.
Mate if you can’t see what he is doing wrong then I’m wasting my time replying to you.

One of the commentators said it best a few weeks ago we play the most unrewarding brutal style of football he had ever seen. We just run ourselves into the ground so early week after week.
And this is with one of the youngest teams in the competition we are destroying these kids bodies so easily in their careers

Mate if you can’t see what he is doing wrong then I’m wasting my time replying to you.

One of the commentators said it best a few weeks ago we play the most unrewarding brutal style of football he had ever seen. We just run ourselves into the ground so early week after week.
One this is with one of the young teams in the competition we are destroying these kids bodies so easily in their careers
100%
Did you see that goal in the second half when we ran in a wave through the centre with a chain of handballs and goaled.
It was the only time the players looked remotely like they were enjoying themselves.
Look at the way Carlton are playing now with Bolton gone. Coaches with concrete game plans kill players. Especially young developing ones.

Hang in there guys and stick with the team. Us Richmond folk went through many years of pain before winning a premiership. I'm 32 now and spent the majority of my childhood and 20's being ridiculed for the footy team I support and witnessed countless massacres live (I was at the 2007 Cats game where they beat us by over 150 points at the Telstra Dome as they used to call it). If you guys can somehow retain your talent it will be a long way forward to turning the fortunes. Dew is a great coach and will turn the ship steadily It's a long road in this game, it's not the like NBA where you can pick up 1 or 2 stars in an off season and completely change the outlook of your team. I truly believe as a sport us fans who follow struggling clubs almost wait the longest to see fortunes turned around.

Hang in there guys and stick with the team. Us Richmond folk went through many years of pain before winning a premiership. I'm 32 now and spent the majority of my childhood and 20's being ridiculed for the footy team I support and witnessed countless massacres live (I was at the 2007 Cats game where they beat us by over 150 points at the Telstra Dome as they used to call it). If you guys can somehow retain your talent it will be a long way forward to turning the fortunes. Dew is a great coach and will turn the ship steadily It's a long road in this game, it's not the like NBA where you can pick up 1 or 2 stars in an off season and completely change the outlook of your team. I truly believe as a sport us fans who follow struggling clubs almost wait the longest to see fortunes turned around.
Haha I was at that game also, round 6 or 7 i believe.
My dad wouldn’t let us leave early he would always say you always stay and support your team till the end.
It’s was a long boring 4 hour drive back home that day.

I’m going through that all again now with the mighty suns.
Let’s hope we don’t have to wait as long for a premiership

100%
Did you see that goal in the second half when we ran in a wave through the centre with a chain of handballs and goaled.
It was the only time the players looked remotely like they were enjoying themselves.
Look at the way Carlton are playing now with Bolton gone. Coaches with concrete game plans kill players. Especially young developing ones.
The issue is, we see moments when the likes of Hanley today tried to go through the middle today and turns it straight over conceding the goal. Our skills and leading are not anywhere we need it to be at the moment, and then when we drop easily marks and miss easy targets that is shooting ourselves in the foot and bring this contested style on ourselves.

This contested style is only way we can compete unfortunately at the moment because we are too slow/not skilled enough, hopefully these are the building blocks and we expand on the style next season and we work on our forward movements in the off-season.

One thing I have noticed though, we always go for the hack kick out of the pack to get it forward which is super frustrating at times without even looking for another option, would love us to work the ball with handballs at times out of congestion, but I understand we are super limited on that front at the moment.

100%

The game plan seems to be the best way to keep the kids in the game given the inferior list. Teaches them defensive tactics but really limits their ability to score.

We can only hope that this is part of a grander plan and slowly but surely Dew will loosen the reigns and find a balance between defence and attack.

The dropping of Brodie was a ****** disgrace.

And I can tell you it was a fair reason the team played like crap today.

He’s well liked at the club and him being dropped went down like a lead balloon with some of his teammates.

Coaches need to stop with there favourites and start sending a few guys into the 2’s.

The dropping of Brodie was a ****** disgrace.

And I can tell you it was a fair reason the team played like crap today.

He’s well liked at the club and him being dropped went down like a lead balloon with some of his teammates.

Coaches need to stop with there favourites and start sending a few guys into the 2’s.
How did you rate his 7 touches to half time? Only 3 of them effective.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back