Preview Round 17 – GWS Giants vs Melbourne, Saturday 12th September 2020, Gabba, 7.40PM

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Personally I would love Nick Haynes in a senior leadership if not Captaincy role.

Nick has also been with the club since the beginning and in my opinion is the most consistent player the club has ever had.

Last year I attended an after Grand Final wake and Nick was the most gutted player in the room, they were all hurting but he and Phil were absolutely rock bottom...it’s because they bleed for the club and care. The other guys do as well but it’s just something intangible.

I think he could handle the pressure, he’s already tossed the coin once! LOL

Seriously though I think he’d take it in his stride and would be a fine leader.

The players voted him in as their leader.
Did they really or was it the final piece in the contract negotiations

Which Ward / Davis just announced it has a hand over with no vote in the public to make it sound right

Last years vote was a 3 way tie, not overwhelming by any means and if a vote was done this season without contract side of it involved you would find Davis, Haynes, Toby and Cogs feature

Is there a Captaincy thread where things can be discussed

Personally I would love Nick Haynes in a senior leadership if not Captaincy role.

Nick has also been with the club since the beginning and in my opinion is the most consistent player the club has ever had.

Last year I attended an after Grand Final wake and Nick was the most gutted player in the room, they were all hurting but he and Phil were absolutely rock bottom...it’s because they bleed for the club and care. The other guys do as well but it’s just something intangible.

I think he could handle the pressure, he’s already tossed the coin once! LOL

Seriously though I think he’d take it in his stride and would be a fine leader.
Nick strikes me, based off his videos, etc, as not being particularly interested in a leadership role or putting himself forward.

Did they really or was it the final piece in the contract negotiations

Which Ward / Davis just announced it has a hand over with no vote in the public to make it sound right

Last years vote was a 3 way tie, not overwhelming by any means and if a vote was done this season without contract side of it involved you would find Davis, Haynes, Toby and Cogs feature

Is there a Captaincy thread where things can be discussed
They knew he was a future captain as soon as he stepped in the joint.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Where will he play? Size suggests key back but I thought he was down as a midfield in the ressies match reports

Plays more like a taller mid-size forward from the times I've seen him. But gets lauded for his high work rate and tackle pressure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back