Autopsy Round 17 – GWS Giants vs Melbourne, Saturday 12th September, 2020 Gabba, 7.40PM

We are done
On to the offseason. Curious to see who we're going to lose this year. After the last few years where smoke has indicated at least a couple of fires I reckon Josh is probably out. :(

Leon Cameron....

Good stuff!
I also don't get the logic in not waiting until the end of the season for that decision. It's not like he was going to be poached.

Thought that should have been a 50 at the end there but what ever
Definitely was with intent but let go when the umpire shouted which they use to avoid giving penalties, cf: players not lining up at the top of the goal square, or not getting back to the mark.

Drummond

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 13, 2005
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood, Red Wings
Green and Daniels, wow. Green had 21 contested possessions, Daniels a constant spark. But where to now?

A lot of players need to be moved on, or pull their fingers out.

Himmelberg. What in earth is going on there? I’m losing my patience with Taranto. Hack kicks galore, no hurt factor.

Andre the Giant

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 20, 2012
Melbourne, VIC
AFL Club
GWS
Dave Matthews Member Release
12th September 2020

“Guys it’s been a disappointing season but in some good news we have elected to trigger a clause in Coach Leon Cameron’s new contract and have extended him for an additional 5 years, this takes him through to 2027.

We have been particularly impressed by Leon’s loyalty to all his ex Richmond and Western Bulldogs buddies and feel it has served this club very well.

His ability to nullify any attacking instincts of our highly touted draftees is unmatched and we feel is a point of difference.

We faced the significant threat of Leon being poached by Werribee so its just great to determine the fate of this footy club for the next 7 years. Be Giant!!.”

Himmelberg. What in earth is going on there?
Three weeks ago I was still talking him up. Now he doesn't fly, doesn't body up, doesn't work his man over. I kind of hope it's an undisclosed injury reducing his athleticism.

BTW the key difference between the Jeremys? Someone takes possession five metres from Finlayson and he watches on. Langdon, one of the best runners in the game, runs from defensive 50 to the forward flank and Cameron follows him the whole way despite knowing he can't catch him, but he can at least hold him up when he gets the ball back.

The contract extension for Leon will come under intense scrutiny if your guys lose next week to the Saints and miss finals.
Not by anyone who can affect anything.

This has been by far the most frustrating season of sport that a club has given me

And I've sat through some terrible years supporting Souths in the NRL throughout the 00s

Even the Giants getting thrashed in the early years was tolerable to watch

This is by far the most frustrating season of sport that a club has given me

And I've sat through some terrible years supporting Souths in the NRL throughout the 00s

Even the Giants getting thrashed in the early years was tolerable to watch
It reminds me of the Cowboys the last three years, after making their GF. Plenty of talent all over the park but somehow just make basic errors and limited defensive effort that sink themselves.

Andre the Giant

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 20, 2012
Melbourne, VIC
AFL Club
GWS
Leon Cameron Presser

Reporter - “Leon, your thoughts on tonight.”

Leon - “Ummmm I thought the caterers did a great job with providing Clinkers and Strawberry and Creme’s, I’ve been on the Darrell Lea Raspberry Bullets all year and frankly they have been causing me angst getting stuck in my teeth.”

Reporter - “Who stood out tonight.”

Leon - “Ummmm I felt Sammy Reid was a Trojan, we know he’s a highly skilled player but tonight he shone, ekally I was impressed by Lachie Keeffe’s awareness and Kenners kicking was super, they are all in for next week.”

Reporter - “What will you look to do next week in the crucial game against St Kilda to turn it around.”

Leon - “Ummmmm well for me I’ll go back to the sideline and get on full strength Coke, the Coke Zero will get a rest ummmm ekally the boys will do another FIFA playoff and thinking some Jacks to sharpen up the skills, we did that at Warrnambool Public and it worked a treat...ummm yeah definitely full strength Coke straight back in and I will take these Clinkers to the next game too.”

Reporter - “Thanks Leon.”

Leon - “Thanks Lads.”

Last edited:

GlenferrieOval3122

Senior List
Jun 11, 2018
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Don’t usually get on other clubs boards but felt compelled to jump on here - if the giants don’t play finals this year with their list then Leon Cameron must hand in his resignation and walk. 24 first round picks since 2012 - unforgivable.

Jun 10, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
I think Tom Green might be my favourite non-Collingwood player. 30 disposals with only 67% TOG.

The match went for 100 minutes.

He got 30 disposals in 67 minutes.

Mental.

Good call. Played footy with his Dad who was very good and as hard as a cat’s head - left our club to join the army and fly Black Hawk helicopters. Grandfather wasn’t terrible either.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Back