gee whiz giant

All Australian
Mar 3, 2014
CBR
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
the Toffees, the Bays.
I'm looking for midfield speed promoted from the NEAFL team. Hately, Shipley, Bonar no, Caldwell not ready, O"halloran injured.
Will this game all depend on Williams and Whitfield at their best?

Jul 14, 2010
Central Coast
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
GWS Giants
I know Flynn is meant to be the understudy but Briggs has presence, would like to see the following players included this week

Flynn / or Briggs (Either to be used off the bench in rotation with Simpson)
Bonar (need to start using or he will want out / if not already) (Inside Mid)
Hill (Fwd Pocket)
Whitfield

Hill shouldve been used yesterday as wasted in the 2nd's when we dont have a full list and ball doesn't get down there, then ends up playing on the ball

Mumford wont play this week back for the Pies

Hopefully only Kelly is out because if Cogs is out also we are in trouble, especially when Taranto was touch n go yesterday

What was up with Taranto? didn't know he was in any doubt? Was well down on his best though.

I'd play Flynn before Mumford this week given the Tiges depleted ruck stocks.

Mummy is a slow bullocking workhorse on windswept suburban grounds these days. Get him fresh for the Hawks game in Canberra.

Sounds like Mumford's coming straight back in, so... yeah...

I mean this will be a loss regardless of who they pick so better to at least blood Flynn.

Honestly this is the type of random "everyone doubts us" game we come out and win ugly like we have since coming good. We'll be s**t, s**t, s**t, everyone starts going "oh, the emperor has no clothes" and then BAM - we turn it on for a game...

...and then cave in finals, but yeah.

I'd play Flynn before Mumford this week given the Tiges depleted ruck stocks.

Mummy is a slow bullocking workhorse on windswept suburban grounds these days. Get him fresh for the Hawks game in Canberra.
I atually believe that Mumford and Flynn would make the ideal ruck duo, one a centre bullock, the other a genuine ruck forward.
Given that the tiggers Ruck is Soldo let Mummy monster him in the centre and Matt belt him on the outside

gee whiz giant

All Australian
Mar 3, 2014
CBR
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
the Toffees, the Bays.
I atually believe that Mumford and Flynn would make the ideal ruck duo, one a centre bullock, the other a genuine ruck forward.
Finlayson for Flynn swap makes sense ruck wise, but I wouldn't expect he's ready for playing forward.
Finlayson has tailed away, but he does have good 'synergy' with HH & Jezza. Good for 1 -2 goals a game.
Jezza is playing sore surely, shoulder must be bung, he can't mark above his head. Has no aerial strength. Harris Andrews played HH, Jezza was no threat.
Harry is developing nicely.

Danny88

Premiership Player
Mar 21, 2014
AFL Club
GWS
I can’t see us dropping TOJ tbh. He has shown a capacity to kick goals this year and has earned a chance to work through this.

I actually think our downward spiral in goal kicking forwards is more due to the added pressure on forward entry than poor form from the forwards. Rushed entries have made it difficult for these guys to get shots on goal

I like the sound of a forward line of
Daniel Cameron himmelberg
Greene TOJ and HILL

That has forward pressure AND scoring power

The issue will be can the midfield get enough separation to get some reasonable delivery to it or not

fridgeman

Premiership Player
Jan 26, 2014
AFL Club
GWS
Good to see Hill in for his debut and hopefully a goal or 2 and a win for his first game

Shaw Davis Haynes
Williams Whitfield Reid
Taranto Deledio Tomlinson
HH Cameron Greene
Hill TOJ Daniels
Mumford Cogs Hopper

Hately Kennedy Taylor Perryman

Looks like that will be our line up this weekend.

How i would have it as well and apart from maybe TOJ for one of Langdon/Shipley/Flynn and the doubt over Mumford for this week could mean Simpson getting another run

Danny88

Premiership Player
Mar 21, 2014
AFL Club
GWS
Key thing will be our pressure and intent

Richmond are famous for it. We don’t have a great history with it

We will need to come out breathing fire

img.png

gee whiz giant

All Australian
Mar 3, 2014
CBR
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
the Toffees, the Bays.
Tomlinson amazingly lucky not to have joined him.
Sure, when things are going bad, there's no-one cops more abuse down the TV tube than Tommo, hands and hips too slow for the game, but then he'll grab a few, find someone, and all is forgiven.

Ian HILL

Stat2019 NEAFL (GIANTS)
Total games9
Total goals12
Total behinds18
Total best players list2
Average kicks10.2
Average handballs4.1
Average disposals14.3
Average marks3.7
Average tackles2.8
Average inside 50s3.9
Average rebound 50s0.6
Average frees for0.9
Average frees against0.8
Average DT points69.56

Andre the Giant

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 20, 2012
Melbourne, VIC
AFL Club
GWS
Sure, when things are going bad, there's no-one cops more abuse down the TV tube than Tommo, hands and hips too slow for the game, but then he'll grab a few, find someone, and all is forgiven.

Tommo, a bit like Phil Davis is a guy I never really appreciated until getting to a few games. He is an important player, does a lot of dirty work and is strong through the end where his running ability comes through. I still reckon we have him a touch too bulky but he’s important.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back