Opinion Round 17, 2015, Changes vs. Richmond

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Surely Dawson would play if he flew. I would have thought he'd need the game time. Likewise Clarke. He was dropped FFS, he should be playing for Peel to regain form. How much form can he regain sitting in the stand at the MCG watching? That being said, he should regain some hunger doing that.

Hoping for Weller as a late in. But NOT at the expense of Fyfe....

edit: finding out that Peel play in Sunday and the emergencies can return for that makes me wonder if there are injury clouds over any or all of McPharlin, Pearce A, Sandi or Griff. Why else would Dawson and Clarke fly?

Cue the MELTS!

Not this week, nobody could honestly expect unforced changes after a win. It makes me pretty conflicted, I'd never want Freo to lose a game but at the same time as long as we keep winning, cracks in our team will continue to get the wallpaper treatment. The aftermath of the Hawthorn loss was their best chance to mix it up and that's past now. Ah well, still a pretty strong team on paper so I'm expecting a good showing.

If Dawson flies over I suspect he will be a late in.

The only reason you would fly him over would be to play him. Otherwise he should be building fitness in the WAFL.

ross lyon sticks to his guns. mimimal changes after a win unless injury and rewards the better form of the lower level. Pearce outplayed most if not all at Peel last week and has had form earliar in the ones. so no surprise and glad that players have to really earn a game. we are top and Peel are playing reasonable, good spot to be in atm to play close to our maximum. whether if that is good enough against better opposition away is debateable

(Log in to remove this ad.)

the form of the first year players at Peel has been encouraging but they have not been knocking the door down enough to be included. look at Deboer and C.Pearce whose form in Peel got best on grounds recently to give some perspective. we have good depth in the midfield atm. Only major gaps have opened in defence with the only debutant being A.Pearce logically enough

If you're not going to bring in Weller/Blakely against Carlton at home, you're not going to do it against Richmond away. It's a step up in intensity.

The time to debut players has passed. Almost everyone who will play this season has played, aside from Dawson and possibly Silvagni.

Wow, what a boring change. Richmond will win I'm sure

Boring changes for sure, but the rest of your statement is nonsense.

You, me and the rest on this board may want to see something more exciting like a Weller but that in no way guarantees a win or even more chance of a win.

I want to see a change, so we can determine if there is still improvement in our team that can be made, not because I have any great belief that it will change the result. Especially from the green sub vest.

Knew it wasn't very likely this week but still pains me that Suban and Deboer continue to get a free ride in a team due to some invisible 'role' they apparently play. Apart from some physicality they have absolutely nothing over the Weller's, Langdon, Blakely etc and will never offer anything more than what they offer now unlike our younger, classier guys. Even just to bring in Weller to play as sub instead of Suban would have been a positive move that might have given us something different.

I don't have a problem at all with it being In: Pearce.

My beef is that there is no added -

Out: Suban and/or deBoer
In: Weller/Langdon/Blakely to go with it.

:cry:
Id like to see one of the new guys have a crack aswell. Its not often you have "rolled gold" waiting in the wings.

I was just having a laugh at the blokes who always say "out: pearce".

I dont care who plays as long as we smash them

Why bother even flying Weller over, when he is literally the last option Ross will use.

May as well let him play in the WAFL and gain experience there.

Id like to see one of the new guys have a crack aswell. Its not often you have "rolled gold" waiting in the wings.

I was just having a laugh at the blokes who always say "out: pearce".

I dont care who plays as long as we smash them
Oh yeah - I wasn't having a go, just saying that I think Pearce deserves his spot back (ahead of both Suban and deBoer IMO), and I'd love to see a young bloke get a shot at the expense of one of those guys... deBoer more than Suban. And I like Matty deBoer - we just are never going to improve by those increments we need by playing the 'same old, same old' bottom few players, without seeing what the young fellas have to offer.

As others have said, all three emergencies traveling is unusual. Usually only done if genuine injury concern, or it's finals. So you'd think the former is on the cards:

Weller - cover for Fyfe who might have one last run through tomorrow/Sat morning. Also "reward the young guy" emergency and get them used to the away routine. Not uncommon so makes sense - can be back in time for Peel too, so no harm done as such. Banker, that is why these guys will occasionally go.

Clarke - have brought a ruckman for much of the year as a travelling or held over emergency. Cover for Rucks but also for other talls in a pinch.

Dawson - very strange. Would be a bit miffed if an in form APearce is dropped for a Dawson in his first full run of the year at any level. But that or some other combo must be on the cards. Very strange to fly him over for the fun of it. Maybe Ross is like my kids, just can't go without his safety blankey if it's available to him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back