Review Round 17, 2016 - Brisbane Lions vs GWS

Who were your five best players against GWS?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Unfortunately we are now in the cycle of every loss sapping the confidence of the group and reinforcing in their own minds that they don't deserve to win. Said it before and I'll say it again, can't believe that we don't have a full time sports psych on board.
That person would have a full time job just working with Stef Martin at the moment. That hit from May still having an effect on him.

just got home from a long day, my thoughts-

a lot of the young boys were good again eg. schache, hipwood, matheison, mayes. i think these 4 at a minimum are going to be A grade players for us and then you have andrews, has had a couple of down weeks but he is another definite star in the making. i am currently 1 of only 2 votes for hammer, i thought he showed some good signs.

rich- ordinary. hanley- playing busted. martin- horrid disposal. rocky & robbo- tried their heart out.

i still don't think it is lack of effort, it's lack of execution resulting in turnovers which makes it look like a lack of effort.

i took particular note of rocky today considering the articles written this week. he was great with his body language and encouragement of the boys when mistakes were made and congratulations with good play.

He didn't have as many meters gained as Dustin Martin did yesterday.

Rubbish player.

;)
64% disposal efficiency, 3 clangers, okay game just not a star worth the money he is after.

Put it in perspective. GWS probably have the most highly skilled list, man for man, in the league. They were bound to come out strong after being humiliated by the Pies. We really put in but it seemed like every one of our mistakes was punished. That's what good sides do I hear. I felt we really put in and on another day it would probably have been 100+.

Put it in perspective. GWS probably have the most highly skilled list, man for man, in the league. They were bound to come out strong after being humiliated by the Pies. We really put in but it seemed like every one of our mistakes was punished. That's what good sides do I hear. I felt we really put in and on another day it would probably have been 100+.
yep, at half time i said to my son we'll do well to keep it under 100 although i do think the giants dropped back a gear in the last quarter.

Your kidding yourself, your hate is deluding you, by far our best today. Led the team in almost every single area of the game.
True topped our rankings, but still, he's not all that and a bag of potato chips. I don't hate him at all. I just think he's overrated as a player.

It is a long dark tunnel ahead for this club. A long, long dark tunnel. And the light at the end is still very far distant. Sadly, when we finally come out the other side a few years from now there will be far fewer of us.

All you can do is hop off, or decide to stick around, grit your teeth and hope we find a way out of the darkness.

If you can see that and our latest young recruits see the same it worries me that they will not hang around...and who we can attract of any quality from other clubs if the tunnel gets longer. There's no quick fix for where we stand at the moment. Fans may drop off but i think players will go before them unless there is a radical turn around.

Saw a couple of good things from Hammer tonight.

Little worried about Harris, looks tired.

Matho is going to be so good.

Schac-wood is the future

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

When is this crap going to end.

Ok we have some good young players, probably need a couple gun young mids to convince me there's a future.

We need to get real now, not just be happy with mediocre efforts by very few players.

Rockliff - tries hard, but just too damn slow and terrible disposal.

Rich - Possibly the most disappointing player in the league for the money.

Hanley - Lost interest and motivation at the moment.

Martin - Going to regret that 4 year deal now.

Zorko - Playing some decent footy, but way more dangerous as a small forward type.

Merrett - Finished.

Robinson - Goes in hard, but like McClure said a long time ago, foot skills and decision making ordinary.

Bell - Why we get him. Lost picks.

Christensen - Same as Bell.

Green - Selfish and refuses to put pressure on.

Bewick - List clogger, foot skills bad.

Lester - Tries his best, just not up to afl level. Too slow, can't kick.

Will hold off on the young blokes, some of them look like quality players in the future.

yep, at half time i said to my son we'll do well to keep it under 100 although i do think the giants dropped back a gear in the last quarter.
IMO that was the wet weather coming into play.

Schache looked cooked, could barely run after half time, looked like he may have been carrying an injury.

Ok we have some good young players, probably need a couple gun young mids to convince me there's a future.

We need to get real now, not just be happy with mediocre efforts by very few players.

Zorko - Playing some decent footy, but way more dangerous as a small forward type.

Merrett - Finished.

Robinson - Goes in hard, but like McClure said a long time ago, foot skills and decision making ordinary.

Will hold off on the young blokes, some of them look like quality players in the future.

Some of that analysis I would agree with, some is maybe off the mark a little.

I think Robinson has taken his game up several notches this year and would find a place in quite a few teams now. As a tagging type who can also win his own ball he has shown that he has real value to a team. Most teams have a player like him and Robinson is actually quite effective at his role. Robinson and Zorko must be miles ahead of everyone else in our B & F by now.

Rockliff's disposal is actually often quite good, especially going inside 50. He has other deficiencies to his game though.

Describing Bewick as a list clogger is too harsh I feel. What he is, is an average foot soldier. Every club has them. He is probably replaceable with another player like him but that doesn't necessarily make him a list clogger, just average. Sadly it also probably describes Rich as well, he will probably never be the player we thought he could.

Merrett - Finished.

Bell is rubbish
Rich needs to go to a team that has 2 or more dangerous players that demand a tag above him
Lester & Bewick is delist material outside our club
Hanley will only get worse and is not part of our charger up the table...trade
Bundy is good
Zorko is good
Robbo is good
Rocky is over rated in hurt factor...still good as a key role player. Id trade him if he wants out

overall...a 5 year history of leftover rebuild generation down the drain

Schache looked cooked, could barely run after half time, looked like he may have been carrying an injury.

Yeah physio out talking to him a few times in the 2nd half.

Leppa trying to be postice at all costs again. Zzz.
Don't think I'll watch another presser this season,feel for him having to allude to our youth every time after a hammering which is in fact 90% of the reason we are being hammered.There might be a 10% sway there which you could point a finger at but that's about it as far as the coaching goes I reckon.

one of the biggest issues I had was the continual kicking it straight down the guts from kicks ins, lost count the amount of times we tried this, it was a number of different kickers, so it obviously was team instruction.

Back