Autopsy Round 17 2017 Sydney Swans vs Greater Western Sydney Giants. Things you learnt

Remove this Banner Ad

Another regulation Buddy goal

giphy.gif

Feels ******* good beating this mob.

The more you watch it the more ridiculous that kick is doesn't even need a torp from that distance.

Double what.

Our back six the best in the business. We got smashed in clearances, contesteds and I50s and totally smashed their forward line.

It showed again that when the Swans bring their intensity they can win.

I still wouldn't want to meet full strength Giants in the finals though.

Adam Kennedy he is referring to- out for the season and always is in their best 22

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
That's a bit arguable although he was this year until injured. No spot for him late last year though. He is an important component of the club, guys like him define culture, and were still doing that.

Not sure if it's been mentioned. However Roos said something interesting last night. How the swans are now bought into their "brand" and how GWS's "brand" is inconsistent and blurred. Thinking of sides and a brand, you can't go past the hawks.

Think Robinson would be stiff to be dropped. Negated Wilson that hard he was moved to the forward line in Q4. Plus, he was really agitating the GWS defence, as shown by Davis throwing him to ground resulting in a free kick and goal to Robbo.

It's a really tough match committee meeting this week, which is good!

Would be very hard to drop anyone period after beating GWS away. Reid is injured so that may force our hand there, but we can't get too creative. The side has performed well for 2 months.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If we were to do that surely Dawson gets a gig in that role

Don't you understand, on this board, Aliir should be playing seniors and should come in for any player regardless of position. Or form for that matter.

It's time for the Swans lynch mob to work on Nick Smith's early retirement plan now.

Was he really that bad? I've watched the game twice and thought he was pretty decent.

We will need him over the next month badly- St Kilda, Hawthorn, Adelaide, Geelong all have very dangerous smalls.

Nick smith had a shaky moment, mostly from doubt over the deliberate rule

Rampe grundy smith working well together

To be fair that rule is the worst rule in the comp period. Whoever thought we needed to change what it was before...jeez!

To be fair that rule is the worst rule in the comp period. Whoever thought we needed to change what it was before...jeez!

Oh I agree, he probably thought we were playing the dogs

Even Reg did a sort of try to to fumble it across

Just make it the rule from kick ins you cant walk back and rush

Oh I agree, he probably thought we were playing the dogs

Even Reg did a sort of try to to fumble it across

Just make it the rule from kick ins you cant walk back and rush

Bingo. How hard is that. The rule was brought in for the Joel Bowden's of the world, not to make defenders panic when they have pressure. You should be able to concede a behind under pressure. What we don't want is what Bowden did in that famous match.

Was he really that bad? I've watched the game twice and thought he was pretty decent.

We will need him over the next month badly- St Kilda, Hawthorn, Adelaide, Geelong all have very dangerous smalls.
I'd back Breust (or Cyril), betts (or Cameron) and Menzel to beat smith at this stage of their respective careers. I'd rather smith retire at seasons end than McVeigh or grundy. Though I'm not sure we have a small defender to replace him.

I'd back Breust (or Cyril), betts (or Cameron) and Menzel to beat smith at this stage of their respective careers. I'd rather smith retire at seasons end than McVeigh or grundy. Though I'm not sure we have a small defender to replace him.

That's the question. Although I haven't had an issue with him the last half of the season. Rather play him than anyone else in his position.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back