Review Round 17, 2018 - Hawthorn vs. Brisbane Lions

Who were your five best players against Hawthorn?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

All I wanted this year was a better percentage which ultimately means we are in games to win. That has happened.

When you compare years it's one of the most simple barometers to show you've improved. Granted any of that have watched our games will know it it's still great to have something tangible you can point to and say, "yes, we are better."

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Crazy to think that at the start of the season some fans were generally worried about a one win season, now we're well placed to go back to back to back to back against the Crows next week.

Additionally, there's now serious competition for spots - Barrett, Mathieson and Cutler are three who stand out for me as guys whose place in the team was uncertain at the start of the season, but have all cemented their place (Walker too, though he's in a different situation given our lack of tall depth compared to flankers and mids). Not to mention Cameron returning next year, Bailey waiting in the wings, and another top 10 draft pick joining us over the offseason.

Is there somewhere we can discuss just how much McLuggage and Berry have exploded over the past 6 weeks?
Rayner too, the three of them have so thoroughly broken out the last few weeks I can't even

Awesome game! Walker, Rich and Lester were all brilliant in the defensive 50. Beams, Zorko, Berry, and Mathieson all contributed to winning the midfield battle, however, the real star there was McCluggage with 29 possessions, 14 contested, 7 clearances and 1 goal. GUN. Speaking of guns, Hipwood and Rayner bobbed up with three each and gee they are exciting to watch! Hipwood in the past 5 weeks has kicked goal tallies of 2, 3, 2, 6 and 3 to take his total for the year to 30 which equals his total goals from last year with six games to go... he could end up with 40 for the year:thumbsu:

All in all another terrific team win, three in a row! Fagan is taking this group somewhere special. Bring on the Crows next week!

Back