VFL Round 17, 2018: Sandringham v Box Hill - TBBO, Live on CH7 right now

Remove this Banner Ad

Just heard that Freeman has averaged 22 disposals in his nine games this year, yet has not received a single vote from the coaches. Shows how they rate him, I guess. He is up to 24 so far today, with a goal. I wonder what he has to do? A million dollar experiment and a spot on the list taken for three years. I'm a fan of the lad. His masters? Not so much.

TMBK has told him to play elite football at the VFL level. So how does he justify bringing back GOPs time and again who hardly play "elite football at VFL level?"

His disposals have lacked impact imo.
A little Tom Mitchell like. Gets to a lot of ball but doesnt hurt with his disposal (at least today)
Would like to see a little more outside ball from him if possible. Makes it hard when those around him arent offering much but.
Yes because Tom Mitchell is such a dud.

Freeman has been dead set average which is a shame.

He is collecting plenty of nothing touches and handballing/kicking it to horrible options. He is stat padding and whilst I want him to succeed he has not played as well as its assumed when you look at his stats.

Rice is too good to be in the VFL.

Hugh isn't doing terribly.

Saints players are dead set average though. Not sure why I'm watching two losses one were the other. Chinese water torture....

To be honest I was very surprised that Rice got dropped in the first place as I thought he defended well against Richmond .

At least Freeman is getting the ball which is something . This isn’t his best game but I still think they should give him a go in the seniors.

Goddard has done some good things but will they ever select him this season ?

Paton has done some good work too but the rest are a long way off imo.

Go Saints

How do you use the ball to devastating effect when there is no one there for you? Sandringham is a rabble. Go and watch Richmond VFL and you'll see how far we are off it. I've watched Sandy four times this year and if Hamill keeps his job, we're dumber and worse than I thought. The whole place needs to be cleaned out, including the head muppet.

Freezer is like a good player surrounded by sub par muppets, coached by a bloke with no idea. The best way to see what he's got is to play him at the better standard, with players with better skills and some idea how to play. I know his possessions today have hardly been devastating, but at least he gets it and doesn't turn it over like the rest of them. It suggests he has something. Remember Long, Battle, Rice and Phillips were hardly carving it up down there. Much better at the higher level. Why not Freeman?

Not my point. Mitchell gets a lot of the ball but only half of them have an impact the rest are sideways handballs.
Freeman racked up 2 marks and 3 disposals but didnt move from the one position before.

Hamill finally gave an insight into why Freezer is not getting a game Apparently does not do enough defensively. What he does without the ball is their concern. IMO getting the ball is the hard part. The defensive stuff is more about work rate. I'm sure he can fix that relatively easy

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back