Review Round 17, 2018: Sandringham Zebras v Box Hill Hawks, 28 July 2018, 2.10pm @ Trevor Barker Beach Oval

Remove this Banner Ad

O’Brien played back and Langford played forward. TOB looked ok, Langford had 2 brilliant plays where he got the ball burst through the centre and hit a target in the forward 50. Then he had numerous moments when he dropped marks he should of grabbed or failed influence the contest.
I’m new to Bigfooty, so FYI, I’ve always been a massive Langford fan. Right now though, it’s geting hard to maintain the enthusiasm.

Your username pretty much sums up Langford.

O’Brien played back and Langford played forward. TOB looked ok, Langford had 2 brilliant plays where he got the ball burst through the centre and hit a target in the forward 50. Then he had numerous moments when he dropped marks he should of grabbed or failed influence the contest.
I’m new to Bigfooty, so FYI, I’ve always been a massive Langford fan. Right now though, it’s geting hard to maintain the enthusiasm.
Thanks a lot for your post.

I'm happy to hear O'Brien has returned to the back line which I think suits him best. Another pre-season there and we'll see him become a regular next year.

Langford is a missed opportunity all round, I feel. He has talent, has ferocious attack on the ball, it's a mystery as to why he can't put two and two together.

Your username pretty much sums up Langford.

I'm happy to hear O'Brien has returned to the back line which I think suits him best. Another pre-season there and we'll see him become a regular next year.

Langford is a missed opportunity all round, I feel. He has talent, has ferocious attack on the ball, it's a mystery as to why he can't put two and two together.

Langford has all the tools you can’t teach, but can’t learn the ones you can. It does my head in

I like your optimism for TOB and I really hope your right.

Langford has all the tools you can’t teach, but can’t learn the ones you can. It does my head in

I like your optimism for TOB and I really hope your right.

You can't teach composure and decision making under pressure... that's what he lacks.

You can't teach composure and decision making under pressure... that's what he lacks.
I agree with Toasted, it seems to be our actual game plan that he struggles with. It's not like he's always getting 20-30 touches but lacks polish, he still gets lost which (like TOB) is not a good sign for a mature player. I'm not saying he's a superb kick, but I think it speaks more to his connection with his team-mates.

If you watch his golden run in 2014, he was all about the one-twos, blocks and knock-ons for team-mates. His awareness now doesn't seem up to scratch but after a season of continuity at BH, I wouldn't be surprised if it all clicks again.

To me, his bizarre goal-kicking problem last season was proof that things are a bit topsy-turvy upstairs. Only just turned 26.

Did anyone put there hand up for promotion next week?

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

Pitto was massive, but he was only rucking against a part time ruckman so you’d expect that.

Glass looked really polished and his disposal is top notch. Not sure there’s a spot for him in the seniors at the moment with Miles playing so well.

Cousins and Lovell seemed to be playing chunks up forward so weren’t as dominant as they normally are. Both kicked quality goals. Lovell a quick snap from a contested situation and Cousins a set shot from the boundary.

Doc looked good, but I wouldn’t rush him back based on that game.

Mirra could slot in at any time, but again there’s not really a spot for him.

The young kids did alright, but they need more time before being thrown in.

TBH, it was a nice even team performance which is great for Box Hill, but not so much for the fringe players looking to crack into the side.

I forgot Hanrahan. Kid is good. He crumbed the ball off a marking contest and snapped a goal in the last which reminded me so much of Breust I had to do a double take. Geez I hope he gets a game before seasons end

Last edited:
Pitto was massive, but he was only rucking against a part time ruckman so you’d expect that.

Glass looked really polished and his disposal is top notch. Not sure there’s a spot for him in the seniors at the moment with Miles playing so well.

Cousins and Lovell seemed to be playing chunks up forward so weren’t as dominant as they normally are. Both kicked quality goals. Lovell a quick snap from a contested situation and Cousins a set shot from the boundary.

TBH, it was a nice even team performance which is great for Box Hill, but not so much for the fringe players looking to crack into the side.

I forgot Hanrahan. Kid is good. He crumbed the ball off a marking contest and snapped a goal in the last which reminded me so much of Breust I had to do a double take. Geez I hope he gets a game before seasons end

If hanrahan can find a way to start impacting games more consistantly I'd be very surprised if he doesn't turn out to be a gun.

Has all the skills and attributes - good kick, quick and has good acceleration, real aggression in contested situation, can win the hard ball and tackles fairly well too. Can be multipostional too which is another plus.

You mean at BH right?

I think we have run out of games to be trying new players, unless there are significant injuries.

Expect our squad for the rest of the year is the team today that played, plus McEvoy, Sicily, Birchall, Morrison, Duryea, Howe and TO.

That's 28.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lovell just does not seem to have it. He needs to be elusive and clean in close - he is neither.

TO down back always seems more comfortable. He is gifted athletically, let him play the rest of his HFC career at fullback and see how it goes.

Liked Ollie when he got involved. His speed and evasion are AFL class. Just about every time he touched it he burnt off his opponent. Just about every time he got away and the Sandy opponent would trip him, shame this is not a free in the VFL. It does show the panic Ollie causes.

An interesting game from Langers. Could not work out if he was tagging or being tagged. f he could bring that burst away play to the AFL would be a huge complement to the inside work of Tom.

Lovell just does not seem to have it. He needs to be elusive and clean in close - he is neither.

TO down back always seems more comfortable. He is gifted athletically, let him play the rest of his HFC career at fullback and see how it goes.

Liked Ollie when he got involved. His speed and evasion are AFL class. Just about every time he touched it he burnt off his opponent. Just about every time he got away and the Sandy opponent would trip him, shame this is not a free in the VFL. It does show the panic Ollie causes.

An interesting game from Langers. Could not work out if he was tagging or being tagged. f he could bring that burst away play to the AFL would be a huge complement to the inside work of Tom.

The question is, can TOB actually take a grab in the backline.......because he couldnt catch a f#%kin cold up forward.
Let him play out the year at BH and earn his spot in the backline next year.

tXQ7xRJ.png

r0isLbu.png

Pretty comfortable win yet we only had seven more disposals! Saints play crap saints footy.

Interesting and disturbing that the BHH guys got so much of the footy. The skinny kids may be running out of puff.

Pretty comfortable win yet we only had seven more disposals! Saints play crap saints footy.

Interesting and disturbing that the BHH guys got so much of the footy. The skinny kids may be running out of puff.

How did Hugh Goddard go ESC.....
Did he play mostly down back or up forward.

Is there something to work with there or is he another Matthew Watson.....

Pretty sure Goddard played CHB/FB. Big unit. Jones and Lewis did not get much of it so the Sandy KPDs did their job. Did not watch him closely but my impression was he was a touch slow. Would not take too much notice of his ten marks. As the stats show Saints dick around with the ball so their stats are meaningless. Terrible to watch.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back