Preview Round 17, 2018: St.Kilda v Carlton - Etihad Stadium, Friday 13th July, 7:50PM AEST

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lonie for Wright....Wright for Lonie....Lonie for Wright...Wright for Lonie

Don’t mind me I’m just stating the changes over the past 18 months that will continue until the end of the season!

Both ain’t footballers arseholes FFS

MELT!!!!
Hey chuck some Long in there when he was healthy for a little. At least he is only 2 weeks away.

Yo wtf has Hugh Goddard done.

Literally what does he need to do to get a gig
Not much more by the look of it, he's in the squad for I think the first time in about two years.

Looks like he's heading in the right direction.

Stronger looking team overall I reckon, so hard to complain for mine.

Joyce got a gig as does Lonie

Selection integrity and all that
Didn’t say I agreed with it, but he clearly needs to absolutely smash the door down and demand a spot.

He hasn’t done that yet, despite improving weekly.

I like the changes...

Carlisle in is massive. Lonie will give us a lot more then Wright did, his forward pressure is great, shame he can’t land all his tackles. I don’t mind Hickey returning either; puts both players on watch as they will he have to perform or will be instantly out. Phillips for outside run meanwhile Marshall gives us a tall option both forward and back.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't mind the team. It makes sense. I don't think there is too much to complain about:

Jake Carlisle - easy inclusion. Glad he is fit to play!
Rowan Marshall - really the only replacement for McCartin so very logical.
Tom Hickey - Dominated in the VFL and hope he brings it across. I didn't think Longer did that badly in the ruck and our mids lifted but Hickey was playing too well to keep playing VFL.
Jack Lonie - at least he is better than Wright. I don't mind him. We don't have many better forwards in the VFL so makes sense.
Ed Phillips - glad to see him back. Would have liked to have seen Paton get a debut but it makes sense to bring someone a bit more experienced in when we are making so many changes. He runs hard and although not the flashiest or most skilled he will give his all.

Lets just hope that Freeman dominates in the VFL and is in next week. Bloody frustrating with the build up this week. To think he was in and then to have our hopes dashed, frustrating to say the least. If he gets injured... far out... don't want to think about it.

Last edited:
happy with that team ... Longer had to be out against Kruiser we would have been running one short all game .. Hickey at least will compeat around the ground with him ...
would have maybe put Rice in but im all good with that

lonie in is fine i actually dont mine Lonie he has heart and busts his arse just he is too slight to do damage but against Carlton i reckon he could work ...

How the hell does Gilbo keep his spot?
Because as poor as he was last week, Joyce was worse, and would probably get destroyed by Curnow, so with Austin and Brown both unavailable, and Hugh too immobile for Curnow, Gilbo was really our only viable option.

Will hopefully bounce back from his poor showing last week.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back