Preview Round 17, 2018: St.Kilda v Carlton - Etihad Stadium, Friday 13th July, 7:50PM AEST

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, the premise was that Wright got a game over Paton due to having a bunch of tackles in the abomination of a game against Williamstown. Now Paton gets a swag of tackles but Lonie gets the nod before him. He obviously adds much more than just tackles alone.

It's not exactly like Lonie or Wright are doing anything close to a good job in the small forward role. So why would someone with speed, a good kick, a good tackle and a strong overhead mark not be able to do as good or better than them? I'm willing to back him in against the bottom team in a dead season.

Go check how many goals Paton has kicked in the VFL and Lonie and Wright.

The small forward has to Put the pressure on but they also have to be able to hit the scoreboard. For all their knocks, Wright and Lonie can hit the scoreboard in the VFL and have also kicked goals at AFL level.

Maybe Richo wants Paton to earn his spot as a midfielder as he sees him as a mid long term? Sounds so simple..

I don’t think both are playing for longer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Plan is for Lonie to spend the game sitting on Hickey’s shoulders and we might win more hit outs.

If it works we might bring Longer in next week to try a similar tactic and see if he can get his first mark at AFL level.

We have all of the attributes of an AA ruck at St Kilda but they are spread across multiple players.

Go check how many goals Paton has kicked in the VFL and Lonie and Wright.

The small forward has to Put the pressure on but they also have to be able to hit the scoreboard. For all their knocks, Wright and Lonie can hit the scoreboard in the VFL and have also kicked goals at AFL level.

Maybe Richo wants Paton to earn his spot as a midfielder as he sees him as a mid long term? Sounds so simple..

I mean... Lonie's 0 goals 2 behinds in the VFL last weekend definitely earnt him a spot in Richos heart.

If Hickey's inclusion = a loss for our football club against this rabble I may finally have to start believing in the crackpot theory that Billy - no matter how he plays or his opponent dominates - has a positive influence on us winning games of football. Going to be an interesting night for the Hickey vs longer shitfight at the very least.

If Hickey's inclusion = a loss for our football club against this rabble I may finally have to start believing in the crackpot theory that Billy - no matter how he plays or his opponent dominates - has a positive influence on us winning games of football. Going to be an interesting night for the Hickey vs longer shitfight at the very least.
Sad part is imho, Hickey isn't that well suited to combat Cruizer as he's not physical enough. I could see Marshall handling Cruizer better in ruck contests.

Plan is for Lonie to spend the game sitting on Hickey’s shoulders and we might win more hit outs.
Here's a picture from training, i support this plan:
latest

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Blacres not even in the emergencies what a crock of s**t. Can’t wait for Lonie to have his tackles brushed aside and to throw his head back for his 1 free kick and goal. The campaigner is noooo goooood. ******* hell.

nice to see us go safe against the worst side in the comp at a time where we should be experimenting and taking risks

Richo must want a career still, he may get lost in a toilet cubicle but he knows that a loss to Carlton would see him lynched.

Richo must want a career still, he may get lost in a toilet cubicle but he knows that a loss to Carlton would see him lynched.
Only 2 more years and 5 games to go

That Chris lawyer bloke is the biggest bellend since bushie
He’s a ******* judge’s associate. Basically a high-end administrative assistant.

They’re important, sure, but the flog talks like he’s some kind of legal savant.

He’s a got a law degree and he’s been admitted, fair enough, but that doesn’t actually make him a lawyer.

He’s a ******* judge’s associate. Basically a high-end administrative assistant.

They’re important, sure, but the flog talks like he’s some kind of legal savant.

He’s a got a law degree and he’s been admitted, fair enough, but that doesn’t actually make him a lawyer.

Hahahaha gold!!!! Thanks for the heads up.

Hahahaha gold!!!! Thanks for the heads up.
He’s admitted to be a lawyer, he’s entitled to practice law, but he isn’t a lawyer.

Fifty bucks says he tries to go to the Bar though, and if so he swans around like he’s actually somebody.

Flog.

Blacres not even in the emergencies what a crock of s**t. Can’t wait for Lonie to have his tackles brushed aside and to throw his head back for his 1 free kick and goal. The campaigner is noooo goooood. ******* hell.
Why would Acres be an emergency?

If he was fit enough to play a full game, he would be named in the 22. He isnt, so he will play a full game in the VFL.

He’s not playing because he’s not deemed ready so it wouldn’t make sense to name him in the emergencies, otherworheyf just put him in the 22.

He played managed minutes in the VFL and is coming off a 5 day break.

No acres lol... typical

Hes gonna leave us and we will only have ourselves to blame
He played managed minutes in his first game back from injury.

Seriously?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back