Podcast Round 17, 2019 - Clever Little...Fella

Remove this Banner Ad

Badge, Keys and Miguel Sanchez recap the dominant Western Derby result, talk WAFL, injuries and AFLW, before previewing this Friday's Grand Final rematch against Collingwood.

Link
iTunes
RSS
Previous Episodes

If you'd like to ask a question for next week's show, ask below or PM any of the podcast contributors.

Last edited:
Good listen fellas.

Is it just me but I think too much is being made of the 6-6-6 with NN. To me he has always done the odd dash through the centre circle when the other ruckman steps up to him to take away his jump. He just steps around them while collecting the ball and runs off. Also I find his best work at stoppages around the ground and as has been mentioned over the last 48 hours which is nice as I often feel it goes unnoticed is his ground ball gets and the fact he just keeps the ball/pack moving towards our goal which isn't really effected by the 6-6-6.
The being able to just take the ball out of the ruck rule will certainly make him more dangerous.
And so far the only thing I have noticed about his game is he is reluctant to really spring for the marks which is certainly understandable and he will have to get confidence in his knees before he will do so. But even if he doesn't take his hangers that territory footy he plays is a massive boost tour midfield...what am I saying... NeEdS tO gEt MoRe UnCoNtEsTeD MaRkS aT hAlF bAcK

Good listen fellas.

Is it just me but I think too much is being made of the 6-6-6 with NN. To me he has always done the odd dash through the centre circle when the other ruckman steps up to him to take away his jump. He just steps around them while collecting the ball and runs off. Also I find his best work at stoppages around the ground and as has been mentioned over the last 48 hours which is nice as I often feel it goes unnoticed is his ground ball gets and the fact he just keeps the ball/pack moving towards our goal which isn't really effected by the 6-6-6.
The being able to just take the ball out of the ruck rule will certainly make him more dangerous.
And so far the only thing I have noticed about his game is he is reluctant to really spring for the marks which is certainly understandable and he will have to get confidence in his knees before he will do so. But even if he doesn't take his hangers that territory footy he plays is a massive boost tour midfield...what am I saying... NeEdS tO gEt MoRe UnCoNtEsTeD MaRkS aT hAlF bAcK

I think the most important factor with the 6-6-6 as it applies to Nic isn’t the fact that he’ll get those centre clearances more often. He’s always had a few as you rightly point out. Perhaps he’ll get slightly more as teams can’t have a defender run off the back of the square, but I’d expect that (by and large) the numbers will be similar.

I think where the 6-6-6 comes into it is the speed of inside fifties and how dangerous a quick Naitanui clearance is given every forward will then be in a true 1v1 after the clearance. He gets the ball in too quickly and cleanly for the defence to have any chance of rolling back a spare.

This post is a notification.

Your show has now become a regular part of my podcast rotation and will be listened to on a weekly basis after the latest episode of ‘Cognitive Dissonance’.

It is possible that future shows may advance forward from this position and you will be notified when/if this does occur.

Congratulations and good luck.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back