Preview Round 17, 2019: Geelong v St.Kilda - GMHBA Stadium, Saturday 13th July, 7:25PM AEST *NEWNES' 150TH*

Who Wins?

• Cats

Votes: 40 81.6%
  • Saints

Votes: 9 18.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd rather pay blokes who are actually playing than a washed up ring-in looking for a massive retirement nest egg... we could have massively front loaed Marshall, billings and Steele instead or thrown 2 mil per year at kelly.
And dont worry lads there are high up internal people at the club who think it was a joke getting Hanners in as well , Sydney were always going to give away a perfectly fit gun werent they , Yeah right

I think he’ll be ok. Good over head. Can play tall and small. And his kicking won’t hurt us as much!
This club is clutching at straws like never before , DMac named forward lol Yeah of course his kicking wont hurt us as much as he wont get it to kick .
This is just another example of what a sh1t state we are in , the bloke should be playing at Sandy and now we are trying him forward, for all Chos faults there are others there that are either weak as p1ss and wont have a say or they all have no idea

Yawkey way

Norm Smith Medallist
May 8, 2017
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Red sox
Sinclair is coming of a few weeks poor form and in my view has been nowhere near hard enough at the contest.

Has talent but is out of form needs to find more of the ball, kick more and be more aggressive at the contest.

Had the tools to be a jet but is miles off at the moment.
I don’t think he’s been out of form so much as he’s been another of richo’s victims.

A couple of weeks back he was leading both teams for metres gained just before half time then started the second half back in the forward line. Last week he lined up mainly as a forward which made the 5 clearances from limited opportunity a decent effort imo. I agree about his attack on the football, he can be frustrating to watch. His tackling numbers are quite good averaging about 4 a game but he’s just way too casual in his approach to the contest. I sometimes wonder if it’s just the way he looks like acres because his contested numbers are actually pretty good, he’s at about a 50/50 split with contested and uncontested possessions.

Hopefully he’ll benefit from a change in coach, our whole team looks like their just going through the motions at present it’s almost unwatchable.

Last edited:
May 10, 2013
Queensland
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Melbourne Storm, Baghdadian Babes
And so Richo gets a contract for another two years 😱

5A50D702-6EC0-4882-8E49-036A2C15E3B4.gif

But seriously think the winner will be Geelong by
03E8A31E-2E98-405B-B687-F30E0F2BF3C2.jpeg
points.

Crusty Undies

This means peace here!
Oct 22, 2016
AFL Club
St Kilda
Yes, but it wasn’t a blow out. Just hoping for damage minimisation.
Why? A close game means Richo's more likely to get bailed out with ridiculous excuses then. If we're gonna lose anyway (which we probably are) * it might as well make it a sendoff for the ages.

Aug 28, 2018
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Coventry City
Not sure about that Diehard. The worst loss I can remember in recent times was the 140 pointer against the Hawks at the G (GOAT’s first game).... and that was at wet as anything.

Sometimes wet weather shows up poorly skilled players even more.

I’m not sure what weather or what miracle I’m hoping for in this game, maybe someone should send Geelong to a Chinese restaurant before and they get a batch of dodgy dumplings??? I’m desperate at this stage :p;):drunk:.

That was the game where Gears broke his arm correct? Or someone did... I try to forget that game.

Sep 27, 2012
Behind You
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Phoenix Suns
This club is clutching at straws like never before , DMac named forward lol Yeah of course his kicking wont hurt us as much as he wont get it to kick .
This is just another example of what a sh1t state we are in , the bloke should be playing at Sandy and now we are trying him forward, for all Chos faults there are others there that are either weak as p1ss and wont have a say or they all have no idea
There is surely no chance of him playing fwd is there? Maybe as a fwd tagger on Stewart?

He should really have been dropped. But seeing as he is named I think he will be required to play as a small def. because there is no way Coffield, Paton or Clark are holding down the likes of Ablett, Dahlhaus, Rohan (plays taller), or Danger. DMac has performed that role well in the past but is horribly out of form/confidence.

There is surely no chance of him playing fwd is there? Maybe as a fwd tagger on Stewart?

He should really have been dropped. But seeing as he is named I think he will be required to play as a small def. because there is no way Coffield, Paton or Clark are holding down the likes of Ablett, Dahlhaus, Rohan (plays taller), or Danger. DMac has performed that role well in the past but is horribly out of form/confidence.
Just get ready for the Benny Hill music to start when DMac goes near it

SufferingS8INT

Club Legend
Dec 17, 2017
AFL Club
St Kilda
Yeah dMac has been s**t but as others have mentioned most likely will try and curb Stewart’s influence across half back. We will only know whether it’s a s**t move or not post game. Him playing forward is the least of our worries really when we have Seb Ross as our captain.

Premium

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 8, 2016
AFL Club
St Kilda
Gresham is the guy for me who has to start to show how good he is - play him in the middle and keep him there , give him extended time as a midfielder and let him get the pace of the game because we need to find a fix to our midfield for us to have any chance at all.
We need him to be more than a dangerous forward pocket.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just get ready for the Benny Hill music to start when DMac goes near it
C’mon Captain, let’s not single out one bloke when it comes to that stuff 😉

1smx46.jpg

Aug 13, 2016
South Gippsland
AFL Club
St Kilda
Cmon guys!! A blowout is the probable outcome - but we've been supporting the underdog our whole lives!
My only genuine hope is Lonie gets through unscathed.
Him being named has made my young blokes week and his enthusiasm has rubbed off on me. I actually can't remember looking forward to a match as much as this one in a long time.
If Lonie snags a couple or lays a big tackle (Imagine saying that 12 months ago!!!) he'll be going off his head.
So whilst the result is probably a massive loss there is still some exciting things to look out for...at least at my place anyway.

Go Sainters!

saintkildaman

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 1, 2010
AFL Club
St Kilda
Gresham is the guy for me who has to start to show how good he is - play him in the middle and keep him there , give him extended time as a midfielder and let him get the pace of the game because we need to find a fix to our midfield for us to have any chance at all.
We need him to be more than a dangerous forward pocket.
I’d prefer to see him as a forward, we look so much more damaging when he is in the front half. He has also been our best centre clearance player so far in 2019, so I can understand why we have given him so many midfield minutes. Just need to find a way where he can run through midfield and still hit the scoreboard consistently.

mightymalaka

What we have here is a failure to communicate!
May 7, 2018
Road to Nowhere
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Manchester United
I’ll go the opposite Malaka.. the Richo thread and Scott thread will be in overdrive!
If by overdrive you mean the lunatics in the asylum have been given free reign to spew out some ungodly dribble
Then yes you are correct!

EG Brad Scott soon to be announced as StKilda coach! :weary:

Mikka84

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 9, 2009
AFL Club
St Kilda
If by overdrive you mean the lunatics in the asylum have been given free reign to spew out some ungodly dribble
Then yes you are correct!

EG Brad Scott soon to be announced as StKilda coach! :weary:
I can’t wait for Brad to give you a big ol’ bear hug when he sees you. Just accept the scent and nuzzle on in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back