Game Day Round 17, 2019: Geelong v St.Kilda *NEWNES' 150TH*

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some green shoots

Marshall wow

Clark and Coff getting better

Dunstan and Steele doing their upmost and going ok.
Bruce back in form.

With Hanners, King, Webster and a few others back plus some class in trading, we can be competitive and win a few more than this year.

So we were in front at half time but no chance of winning. Some people. Really.
Yep. 2 points up at half time was a great effort. But when you average 65 odd points a game the chances of winning are particularly slim.

Those of you who have bagged the Super Cho should be ashamed of yourselves 😬

2vtwpe1.jpg
t70qhf.jpg

Really. Maybe for a few minutes. I’d say like most probably 6 or so players
Possibly. Don't really think it matters as that was the least important point not to mention joff's only counter argument and considering Stewart had the third most metres gained for Geelong I don't think you can ague that any of Acres opponents did better.

Playing like that would of beaten 10 teams tonight. No shame in that 4 quarters of effort just outclassed.

Mark my words on this hunter Clark will be a top 10 mid in the afl his evasiveness cleanliness was nice to watch.

Marshall is a top 5 ruck already.

We are not in dire shape I still believe in hanners, Steven if he is with us next year if not hitch in on the Kelly deal and try and get hill.

Not happy with the end result but am content with the 4 quarter effort

He's looked all out of sorts this year. And most of last year to be honest. I understand his frustration in part; played as a ruck, a forward and sometimes as a mid. He just needs a single role and some clarity, he's never had a role he was able to work on for an extended period of games at AFL level.

But just looks like he's going through the motions now, really frustrating. If Hannebery was back next week I'd be bringing him in for Sinclair or Acres. Both just struggling.

I’ve liked the pair over the journey but gee they are struggling. Could probably do with a vfl run, if even just to stick them both in the guts. Trouble is outside of the Hannebery situation I don’t see who we have to bring in for either....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Checked Stewart? Gimme a break Joffa he had 21 touches, 18 kicks and 6 contested possessions. If that's what you call checking I'd hate to see him loose. Acres also kicked our only 2nd half goal. I repeat, our ONLY 2nd half goal.

Edit: only last quarter goal.

Both were shithouse.
Neither one had any real impact.
Wow 1 goal!
Stewart runs the year at 24 at 80% effective.
Tonight 21 at 62%

OK team beaten by a better team. I mean Gablett as a permanent half forward - seriously!!!

We lack skills - won the clearances but never seem to be able to set players up in space - hence hurried kicks forward to an undersized forward line.

Anybody who thinks we don't need another tall forward/ruckman has got rocks in their head.

Every time Bruce goes into the ruck we are stuffed because that leaves Acres as our "tall' forward. The other option of playing Acres in the ruck means we get beaten in the centre square.

Inability to stick tackles is a problem but then again - what does it matter - incorrect disposal doesn't seem to count for the hoops.

Clark will be a star - Coff looking better and better.

If we trade Dunstan and keep Acres I'll vomit!!!

Both were s**thouse.
Neither one had any real impact.
Wow 1 goal!
Stewart runs the year at 24 at 80% effective.
Tonight 21 at 62%
Ooh no 3 less touches and 4 less effective touches. Yep, McKenzie really curbed his influence eh.

McKenzie only had 4 touches but yeh nah he really shutdown Stewart tonight mate.

I wasn't that convinced on Clark before today but I'm convinced now, he was great today, Coffield showed something too.

As for Marshall I was already convinced but wow have we found a gem there, turned into a leader for us now.

For those of us old enough to remember Spider as an emerging player, Marshall reminds me of how much this guy impacted games as a youngster in the game

spider.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back