Game Day Round 17, 2019: Geelong v St.Kilda *NEWNES' 150TH*

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK team beaten by a better team. I mean Gablett as a permanent half forward - seriously!!!

We lack skills - won the clearances but never seem to be able to set players up in space - hence hurried kicks forward to an undersized forward line.

Anybody who thinks we don't need another tall forward/ruckman has got rocks in their head.

Every time Bruce goes into the ruck we are stuffed because that leaves Acres as our "tall' forward. The other option of playing Acres in the ruck means we get beaten in the centre square.

Inability to stick tackles is a problem but then again - what does it matter - incorrect disposal doesn't seem to count for the hoops.

Clark will be a star - Coff looking better and better.

If we trade Dunstan and keep Acres I'll vomit!!!
So do you want a ruck because we have another tall forward. Anyone wanting to stop Marshall rucking 80% has more rocks in their head

It felt a lot like last year when there was that run of games when were competitive away against West Coast, and at the G against Richmond as well as beating Melbourne.

Its obviously better than a thumping but it's also pretty frustrating that we can play like this after delivering some of the crap we have in the past 2 seasons.

I just hate ******* losing all the time. 8 long years out of finals hurts.

He won’t hurt but if we don’t get better mids it will be tough.
Exactly, our midfield has been neglected for the last 6 years.. (thinking drafting Billings/dunstan/Acres in 2013 will give us an elite midfield for the next 10 years, how wrong we are).. elite midfield give you good looks in the forward 50, and allow good forwards to win one on ones.. our midfield just helicopter the ball.. now opposition teams put 1 or 2 spare defenders spoiling the ball, having King won’t have that much of an impact..

Quick long kicks to an open forward line give you forwards the best chance... long bombs to a packed forward line does the opposite..

As much as I love a good fight this Acres vs McKenzie thing is silly. Both played different roles and ones they are clearly unsuited to. Both were average and relatively quite but not horrid.

As much as I love a good fight this Acres vs McKenzie thing is silly. Both played different roles and ones they are clearly unsuited to. Both were average and relatively quite but not horrid.
Yeah neither were horrid, one just had a limited influence and the other had zero influence.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

OK team beaten by a better team. I mean Gablett as a permanent half forward - seriously!!!

We lack skills - won the clearances but never seem to be able to set players up in space - hence hurried kicks forward to an undersized forward line.

Anybody who thinks we don't need another tall forward/ruckman has got rocks in their head.

Every time Bruce goes into the ruck we are stuffed because that leaves Acres as our "tall' forward. The other option of playing Acres in the ruck means we get beaten in the centre square.

Inability to stick tackles is a problem but then again - what does it matter - incorrect disposal doesn't seem to count for the hoops.

Clark will be a star - Coff looking better and better.

If we trade Dunstan and keep Acres I'll vomit!!!

I’ll cry if Dustan isn’t on a list next year. I’d have him over Ross

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

So he chased arse all night and was hopeless. DMAC was a better player than him, get over your bias.

Neither will be at the Saints next year I reckon.

Acres for sure I hope. GOAT
Are you serious? Your only argument was that McKenzie shut down Stewart, so his role was to chase arse all night. And Acres still did that better than him as well as some other ok things. You're being truly ridiculous.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back