Autopsy Round 17, 2019: Hawks defeat Freo

Remove this Banner Ad

Parkin pretty negative about the Hawks post match.

Seems like he just looked at the stats sheet and pointed out Hawthorn's oldest players, in Burgoyne, Frawley, and Henderson. Didn't like Scully's game.
That whole SEN after game discussion was atrocious...Burke gives no new insight whatsoever...asked to name Hawks 200 gamers amongst the you blokes..just peeled off a list of names he could think off...with no real idea

Very exciting times ahead with guys like Worpel and Lewis still with their best footy ahead of them.

Hard to believe that Worpedo is only in his second year. He's already so good and the sky is the limit for him.
He’s having a great year..

He’s posting better season numbers than Joel Selwood and only just under Tim Kelly. We’ve got an A-grader!

That whole SEN after game discussion was atrocious...Burke gives no new insight whatsoever...asked to name Hawks 200 gamers amongst the you blokes..just peeled off a list of names he could think off...with no real idea

3LO, but yes, Burke even admitted he had no idea who was coming through on Hawthorn's list.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good start, disappointing to let them back in the game and undo our hard work in the second quarter(although Fyfe's brilliance was always going to be a problem). Great fightback in the third. Professional last quarter.

Hendo back to his best.

Jarman started slow but worked into the game

Worpel excellent

Wingard good

Howe was not great in the first half, especially when dragged forward. Big second half. Good response.

Timmy fricken O. Big marking power today.

Mitch lewis good, especially his leading and even his shimmy and snap point in the last quarter was good.

Burgoyne exceptional.

Sicily sublime

Smith played one of his better games for the year I thought.

Scully was alright, seemed to be in a lot of the play.

Stratton was bloody good for the most part i thought.

Nash competed in the air for most of the day, and was able to get involved on ground level.

JOM was decent, not one of his better games I would've thought.

Birchall looked good back at AFL level. Cool head.

Puopolo solid, potentially one of his better games this year.

Mcevoy was great in the contest, quick hands I reckon he would've had a lot of the ball without checking stats.

Hardwick good.

Whoever I missed was probably also good, great win.

The Goddard call. Just lulzzzz.

Great win. Lewis unbelievable. Chad looking good. Birchall outstanding.

On to the Cats!

I love that article actually, I know he doesn't need any extra motivation but count that one too. Here's hoping he'll write one for Liam Shiels and JOM before our game against the cats. On fire Shiels and JOM will help our midfield against them.

All of Lewis, Hanrahan, Worpel, O'Brien and Nash had some great moments today. Fantastic three week stretch here. The side is really clicking well.

As a hand up not a fan of the Wingard trade poster, I really liked his effort today. A nice return.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back