Preview Round 17, 2019: Hawthorn v Fremantle, 13 July 2019, 2.10pm @ York Park featuring the return of Grant Birchall

Status
Not open for further replies.
Word was that he would’ve been managed earlier in the year with a couple of others, but we had Burgoyne, Shiels and McEvoy already in the stands for long periods, while we were still trying to settle into the season.
Captain being suspended for two weeks and him being the only Vice probably didn't help either.

Hawkie_McHawkHawk

Cancelled
Sep 15, 2006
AFL Club
Hawthorn
With Birchall back now I want to see Burgoyne spend the rest of the season in the midfield.
I feel like Burgers would get left behind in the midfield these days. Father Time has slowed him just a little bit too much for that sort of thing.

Strattonsphere

Senior List
Sep 6, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
I feel like Burgers would get left behind in the midfield these days. Father Time has slowed him just a little bit too much for that sort of thing.
He is definitely still good enough to play reasonable midfield minutes.. Evasiveness and smarts more than make up for lack of speed ala Sam Mitchell

I don't think this is the case, but it would be more intelligent to keep him fresh for impact purposes.

Hawkie_McHawkHawk

Cancelled
Sep 15, 2006
AFL Club
Hawthorn
He is definitely still good enough to play reasonable midfield minutes.. Evasiveness and smarts more than make up for lack of speed ala Sam Mitchell
He has the smarts no doubt but he’s not an in and under ball winner like Sam. If you don’t win your own ball pace is a must at the speed the games played at these days.

No superstar, absolutely ridiculous to suggest that.. just because he has been AA does not entitle him to forever superstar. Chad is a very good player with all the talent in the world, let’s see him produce more often before throwing around labels.

If I own a Ferrari it's still a Ferrari whether it's working properly or not.

Zack

Club Legend
Apr 14, 2002
Victoria
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Hawthorn
Surprised by Glass given Clarko's post match conference... less surprised when you have a Birchall available who is a class above 75% of our team. Perhaps everyone except Siz and well Hendo this year.

Wingard better be fit simple as that, done nothing except arse a goal one day at Hawthorn to technically win a game. But did nothing the entire game before that. No one praised those who kept us in the game.

Gunston out... about time, played unfit the entire year yet has toughed it out, he's earned his rest... should have got the rest in Round three tbh.

The coaches obviously see something in Nash - he was god awful last week, but if there's something there then exposure is what is required.
How did Darcy Moore go last week?

Nick the Pig

Team Captain
Apr 3, 2019
AFL Club
Hawthorn
How did Darcy Moore go last week?
I couldn't believe Darcy Moore got votes in some of the media round ups last week. Didnt think he had much influence. His old man used to get the same fuss over him especially at the Dees. It's like he was an automatic feature for the best on when he often did very little.

Feb 10, 2008
Hobart
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
DCowboys, ManU, Celtics, Blackhawks
What’s with the Birchall selection? Thought he was just hanging around, milking the club to fund his super.

Looking forward to seeing him back on Saturday, and hopefully we see some good stuff from Wingard too.

Roddy

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 10, 2006
M-Town
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Aussie Cricket team.
The coaches obviously see something in Nash - he was god awful last week, but if there's something there then exposure is what is required.
Unlike Lewis, Nash needs more time in the magoos to work on his game. We should have Cegs back in to play as a tall forward and to back up BB in the ruck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back