Preview Round 17, 2019: Hawthorn v Fremantle, 13 July 2019, 2.10pm @ York Park featuring the return of Grant Birchall

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
With Birchall playing his first game for the year it takes the total to 33 players used. You'd expect Minchington, Jones and Ross to all play at least one game before the season finishes.

Unlike Lewis, Nash needs more time in the magoos to work on his game. We should have Cegs back in to play as a tall forward and to back up BB in the ruck.

Not a fan of being "The Nash guy" on every thread, but Nash doesn't really have a game that can be improved in the seconds. He needs to stay in the seniors, and to be fair we need him here to sure ourselves up in that area. There's no coincidence that every time he's played the ball stays in our forward line for much longer.

With dangerous smalls at his feet, all Nash needs to do is be there to provide a contest which he's doing very well. Impacts even when he's somewhat out of position.

With Birchall playing his first game for the year it takes the total to 33 players used. You'd expect Minchington, Jones and Ross to all play at least one game before the season finishes.

Jones and Ross, fingers crossed. Minchington depends on whether his hammies hold together and whether Hanrahan keeps playing good footy.

Not a fan of being "The Nash guy" on every thread, but Nash doesn't really have a game that can be improved in the seconds. He needs to stay in the seniors, and to be fair we need him here to sure ourselves up in that area. There's no coincidence that every time he's played the ball stays in our forward line for much longer.

With dangerous smalls at his feet, all Nash needs to do is be there to provide a contest which he's doing very well. Impacts even when he's somewhat out of position.

Ahh the old Schoey role of being selected to assist with structure as opposed to kicking 5 goals a game. Best of luck not being a whipping boy with that job you poor Irish bastard.

Mate, Cyril spent a lot of a few years injured. He was still a superstar.

I get that, but everytime the great man played he impacted, he gave 200%, he was intense and searching for greatness. You can't tell me Chad has that same aura or energy? I am not "off" Chad at all, but I am not jumping to conclusions that we have the "superstar" Chad back we saw for a few years.

Ahh the old Schoey role of being selected to assist with structure as opposed to kicking 5 goals a game. Best of luck not being a whipping boy with that job you poor Irish bastard.

Ha! Funniest post I’ve read in a long while. Very good. “Poor Irish bastard.” Chuckle.

I get that, but everytime the great man played he impacted, he gave 200%, he was intense and searching for greatness. You can't tell me Chad has that same aura or energy? I am not "off" Chad at all, but I am not jumping to conclusions that we have the "superstar" Chad back we saw for a few years.

I know we all love Cyril here and he's an absolute legend, but Cyril did notoriously have games where he seemed as though his heart wasn't in it.

I know we all love Cyril here and he's an absolute legend, but Cyril did notoriously have games where he seemed as though his heart wasn't in it.

I think that’s human nature, but I remember Cyril as being one of the most engaged players we’ve had of recent times.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Statistically Moore had best game of the year. Ranked second best Pies player by Champion Data and in the Pies best players in the post match according to Collingwood. Watched the game and thought Moore was good all night.

I watched the same game and thought he had nowhere near the impact he could have, particularly considering how much time the ball spent in his general area.

He had plenty of disposals because we shut off their entries and they spent periods chipping it around the backline. He was not allowed to be anywhere near as attacking as he usually is. His metres gained per disposal were the worst they've been, we forced the second most turnovers he's had all year and the only reason he ranked well with Champion Data and other metrics is that he was blessed by the umps with 4 frees for.

That sort of thing is behind him. He’s old.

Excatly we can't be relying on him across the middle anymore and a increased chance of injury.
Let him sit up fwd and the other players must learn to be accountable in the midfield moving fwd :)

I'm looking forward to this game.

It's going to click suddenly for Nash I reckon. Defensively he's doing a mountain of work. It's no coincidence that we've been a lot better at keeping the ball in our front half with him in the side the last two matches.

Clarko clearly loves him. Selected for both finals last year.

Now is the perfect time to be playing a guy who needs exposure. It's not going to cost us a top 4 spot.

I mean, imagine if it did click for Nash and he kicked 1-3 goals per match, 4-5 tackles in the forward 50 and rendered marking defenders like McGovern, Rance, Blickzxfavs, Hurley completely ineffective. We would be a completely different side.

That's what I think Clarko is fast tracking him towards.

I'm looking forward to this game.

It's going to click suddenly for Nash I reckon. Defensively he's doing a mountain of work. It's no coincidence that we've been a lot better at keeping the ball in our front half with him in the side the last two matches.

Clarko clearly loves him. Selected for both finals last year.

Now is the perfect time to be playing a guy who needs exposure. It's not going to cost us a top 4 spot.

I mean, imagine if it did click for Nash and he kicked 1-3 goals per match, 4-5 tackles in the forward 50 and rendered marking defenders like McGovern, Rance, Blickzxfavs, Hurley completely ineffective. We would be a completely different side.

That's what I think Clarko is fast tracking him towards.

Clarko is most definitely thinking "200cm Cyril".

Not only is he in, he's the designated kick-in marker.

Word was that he would’ve been managed earlier in the year with a couple of others, but we had Burgoyne, Shiels and McEvoy already in the stands for long periods, while we were still trying to settle into the season.
We had Isaac and Bruester playing sore too. This is why we need some more bloody depth added to our squad.

Providing/halving contests is absolutely important, but ultimately we need key forwards who do more than just that. Clunking grabs and kicking goals not only provides scoring, it lifts the team as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back