Discussion Round 17, 2019 - Photos and Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Will be interesting to see if Adelaide wear full home against Gold Coast tonight. Suns have worn their home kit in away games against us the last two times now, so there should be no reason why we can't wear ours away to them. Could definitely see us still running out in the white kit though.

After last night, I wish we could wear our clash jumper for the rest of the year. Something about it...

Curious decision to go with that last night. Black jumper with white shorts was more than fine in the two finals last season. Get the feeling that Collingwood are feeling more comfortable in having the white as a pseudo-away kit.

Would never have been on the cards but last night was a perfect opportunity to wear white jumper with black shorts.

Curious decision to go with that last night. Black jumper with white shorts was more than fine in the two finals last season. Get the feeling that Collingwood are feeling more comfortable in having the white as a pseudo-away kit.

Would never have been on the cards but last night was a perfect opportunity to wear white jumper with black shorts.
I think our away kit would have sufficed against the Eagles but never again after the GF. Our clash kit in most, if not all cases looks great and works well.
It took me a while to get warm to the side panel parts, thought they went a bit too far with that, but yeah by far the best kit we have had for a long time.

I think our away kit would have sufficed against the Eagles but never again after the GF.
What woulda happened if Collingwood had lost the GF in full home? Never play a home game vs WCE in full home kit again?

What woulda happened if Collingwood had lost the GF in full home? Never play a home game vs WCE in full home kit again?
Haha yep pretty much. Would've given us a good reason to switch back to white based kit actually. I used to love our away kit, looked clean but it's taken a while for me to warm to it again.

West Coast was meant to be in the Indigenous jumper last night. I don’t suppose that would have anything to do with it?

Haha yep pretty much. Would've given us a good reason to switch back to white based kit actually. I used to love our away kit, looked clean but it's taken a while for me to warm to it again.
And then a GF is lost in that kit...

So tonight we have one game where there is too much red and yellow so the away team is in a clash kit to remove the mutual colours, and one game where the away team already has the opposition's main colour on their kit so they ADD MORE.
Welcome to 2019.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If the Grand Final this year is Geelong vs Collingwood

Would geelong be allowed to wear blue shorts?

Surely not, right?

R-right?!

Given they still had the White shorts away policy in 2011 when they last squared off in a GF, my guess would be no.

But back then the white shorts away rule got turfed out whenever Collingwood, Geelong and North played each other.

Interesting in 2007 season Geelong wore home jumper blue shorts vs Collingwood in home jumper/white shorts.... Was very ugly

But in the 2007 PF Geelong white shorts Collingwood black shorts.

If the Grand Final this year is Geelong vs Collingwood

Would geelong be allowed to wear blue shorts?

Surely not, right?

R-right?!

If they finish higher on the ladder, yes.

The thing is though, Finals run on different rules to the main season anyway. Even if Geelong had hosted Collingwood this year and been allowed to wear navy shorts, it may not be the same in a Geelong "home" final or GF.

With regards to the shorts though :p
I'm pretty sure this happened once in the past with Eddie arguing that by beating their opponent they became the higher ranked side, but no, it doesn't work like that.

Still possible that Eddie would bully his way into getting what he wants with a spontaneous best 13 out of 25 coin toss though.

I'm pretty sure this happened once in the past with Eddie arguing that by beating their opponent they became the higher ranked side, but no, it doesn't work like that.

Still possible that Eddie would bully his way into getting what he wants with a spontaneous best 13 out of 25 coin toss though.
We're getting off-topic but I agree with Ed. If you lose your home QF and then face that opposition again in the GF they should be the home team with all the advantages that come with. Imagine if the GF was played at home grounds and you finished 4th, beat 1st, face them again in the GF and they got the home ground!
As I said though, we digress.

Yeah, finals are not club home games, so the I reckon the AFL will pull rank and make Geelong wear white shorts in their home finals, especially a Grand Final. Even when Geelong was still wearing navy shorts at home games during their late-2000s reign, they were still pretty much always put in white shorts for home finals (08 QF against St Kilda the exception).

Remove this Banner Ad

Back