Hawthorn v Fremantle (UTAS)
Essendon v North Melbourne (MRVL) (T)
Gold Coast v Adelaide (MS) (N)
Geelong v St Kilda (GMHBA) (N)

Sunday, July 14
Richmond v Greater Western Sydney (MCG)
Western Bulldogs v Melbourne (MRVL)
Port Adelaide v Brisbane Lions (AO) (T)

The Cats AFL, VFL and VFLW teams' are wearing playing socks with an orange hoop at the top for the clubs annual Just Think round:

justthinkarticle_main.jpg

GMHBA Stadium will turn orange this Saturday night, as the Geelong Cats raise awareness of the Just Think campaign.

The club’s annual Just Think round will see players wear orange-banded socks and goal umpires don orange flags to highlight the alcohol education program which has been providing practical advice for young people regarding alcohol use and safe drinking behaviours since 2008.

Source: https://www.geelongcats.com.au/news/2019-07-08/cats-turn-orange-for-just-think-round

The AFL should move it’s 2 indigenous to the start and end of NAIDOC week. Each team is granted 1 home game in that time.

I’m sort of sick of clubs deciding to randomly use the indigenous jumpers throughout the season, just keep it over a 2 week period and everyone can wear it twice
Then they'll want to wear them to mark Reconciliation Week, which was the week between Indigenous Rounds this year (and I assume previous ones too).
I'm not sure whether either is a better fit than the other for Indigenous Round though.

All money is that Melbourne will wear their redback guernsey, regardless the match-up from the back is going to be awful with the fightback stuff on the bottom of the Dog's guernseys, maybe this would be the start of Melbourne looking towards making a new mostly red jumper like a reverse of their "red band" guernsey worn in the 20s and early 30s

All money is that Melbourne will wear their redback guernsey, regardless the match-up from the back is going to be awful with the fightback stuff on the bottom of the Dog's guernseys, maybe this would be the start of Melbourne looking towards making a new mostly red jumper like a reverse of their "red band" guernsey worn in the 20s and early 30s
I’d like to see Dogs in white shorts, Dees in Navy home, navy shorts and navy socks. Win-win, each team gets their home jumper and shorts and socks to help potential clash.

Collingwood in white, I’m very happy with that. It’s superstition, but our form when wearing black with white shorts was been really poor recently...

Edit: :):):)

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah it was always meant to only be for away games that weren’t played at the G, but I think “not against a traditional rival” has been added into the mix too.
Soon it will be "or in primetime, or in the regular season..." :D

Remove this Banner Ad

Back