Preview Round 17 2019 Richmond Vs GWS, MCG Sunday 14/7 1.10pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmm, I don’t know about that. I’d agree if you were talking about Balta, but I saw glimpses of what he can do in defence against St Kilda
As a ruckman playing in defence?? Dropping back as a extra in defence???
Or as a one on one defender??? Playing on an actual forward???

I don’t get why the AFL insist on making clubs name a team 3 days before a game. Ridiculous.
Probably for all the extra clickety click click$. most teams selected on wednesdays in the 4 walls these days, the weather might change, the match ups, the guessing games and last minute fitness tests are mainly for the theatrics and give the gaming sponsors and media some extra mileage to speculate and pump up the odds.

Hope not. He makes a hell of a difference wherever he plays no matter what he does even if its just smothers!!

If he needs it I’m all for it, don’t wanna burn out the youngsters regardless of how good they’ve been.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jack for Egg only change me thinks. Didn't Stack start on the bench v Swans in Rd 4. I know Caddy was good in 2017 and 2018, but has been s**t this year. With Jack back i'm not sure there is room for him. Chol will play.

Hmm, I don’t know about that. I’d agree if you were talking about Balta, but I saw glimpses of what he can do in defence against St Kilda

Balta has done quite well down back at VFL level while Chol has often done ok playing as a loose man in defence/ruckman dropping back (like he did against Saints).

If we can stop them playing their 'perfect' style then we should run them over. And with their outs with any luck we'll do the job. Still not sure on Jack. his knee isn't 100%. So maybe a VFL game. But if he's at the G then hope he tears them a new on.

You probably saw him more than I did so I’ll take your word for it
When he played as a spare defender/ ruck in the 2s he was excellent
When he had to play one on one he struggled,, just my opinion from watching him in the 2s,

When he played as a spare defender/ ruck in the 2s he was excellent
When he had to play one on one he struggled,, just my opinion from watching him in the 2s,
Hardly surprising. Athletically gifted and good at reading the play, but not that strong, so he'd be regularly outmuscled one on one. Same as his rucking - good if he has a run at it but not so good in stoppages around the ground where he has to wrestle with a stronger opponent.

from dimma's presser, I think chol will play. if jack and caddy come back, that leaves egg out plus ???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back