Status
Not open for further replies.

jumpinjimmy

Cancelled
Jun 15, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Got to say that I'm liking the new selection approach. The Graham non-selection is difficult to understand at first blush but after reflection he is the most one dimensional mid sized player in a side with excess numbers in that range.

JR would have ordinarily displaced Castagna but after last weeks performance no way. Egg, Shai and Stacky can play forward, back and mid and have pace to burn. I reckon it would have come down to Jack and Rioli and he showed a return to form last week and beats Jack for pace.

The cynical amongst us could also say that this week is some sort of Diversity love-fest and that Jack was the sacrificial Anglo as dropping any of the afore-mentioned would have been against the narrative. In that scenario it would have been him or Ellis but the club needs to keep playing Brando in order to boost his trade/free agency credentials...... even though he is the paler of the two.

In any event, Jack will be one of the first picked come finals time as his skill set is perfect for that scenario as evidenced in 2017.

Last edited:
Sep 13, 2015
Hillary Step
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
76ers
I trust our selectors but I’m s**tting my pants nervous about pressure machine Graham getting dropped in a game like this.

Also can someone please reassure me that Jack and Lunch are going to work? Our forward line has just clicked and the fleet was mercurial last week.
Just before Jack did his PCL they were looking real dangerous. Should be able to recover that quickly.

Sep 13, 2015
Hillary Step
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
76ers
I thought they looked ordinary in those games. In the Pies game Jack was put in the ruck bc it wasn’t even going down there.
I’m talking about the Dees game. Carlton was their first game together and Collingwood was the whole team being s**t + Jack playing through a wrist. In the Melbourne game things were starting to come together and then Jack went off.

Apr 27, 2014
The Funny Farm Lakes Entrance
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
The Fanboi Farters
I’m talking about the Dees game. Carlton was their first game together and Collingwood was the whole team being s**t + Jack playing through a wrist. In the Melbourne game things were starting to come together and then Jack went off.
Oh still a small sample pool as I thought they were ordinary together and a lot of work needed to be done with them working out a system together.

Sep 13, 2015
Hillary Step
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
76ers
Oh still a small sample pool as I thought they were ordinary together and a lot of work needed to be done with them working out a system together.
I thought they showed a fairly natural progression. Obviously progression is never consistent but I think they’ve set a good baseline to build on.
At absolute worst they both demand the oppositions best defender and/or two defenders and that leaves Chol with no opponent.

Schlurp

Club Legend
Aug 21, 2009
Canberra
AFL Club
Richmond
Wonder whether we are now seeing the beginning of a process where Dimma mixes and matches his players in a search for the most effective combination for the upcoming finals. I can't recall him ever having this spread of quality at his disposal. There may also be an element of signalling the need for players to bring everything to their games otherwise more committed players will replace them. A bit like Napoleon executing one of his generals for not being sufficiently aggressive - to encourage the others.

Mar 9, 2007
Way over yonder across the hill
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Burnie United FC, Cheddar AFC
that fat campaigner hates us. always trying to tip the other team no matter how low they are on the ladder and doesn't research anything about our side properly
Just another moron ex-player who can't get his head around us being a strong team now and not the rabble that he played against for most of his career.

Shazza_

Brownlow Medallist
Jan 2, 2018
Safeway carpark
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond VFL
Summary
showers.png
Min 6Max 14Showers.Possible rainfall: 1 to 4 mm

Chance of any rain: 90%
rain_90.gif
Melbourne area
Cloudy. Very high (95%) chance of showers over eastern suburbs, high (80%) chance elsewhere, most likely from the late morning. Winds west to northwesterly 20 to 30 km/h increasing to 25 to 35 km/h in the middle of the day.

graham should be in

Schlurp

Club Legend
Aug 21, 2009
Canberra
AFL Club
Richmond
Summary
showers.png
Min 6Max 14Showers.Possible rainfall: 1 to 4 mm

Chance of any rain: 90%
rain_90.gif
Melbourne area
Cloudy. Very high (95%) chance of showers over eastern suburbs, high (80%) chance elsewhere, most likely from the late morning. Winds west to northwesterly 20 to 30 km/h increasing to 25 to 35 km/h in the middle of the day.

graham should be in
Could still happen. We'll know for certain around 10.00 am tomorrow.

clark1980

Senior List
Sep 21, 2015
AFL Club
Richmond
didn't expect graham to be omitted. with the emergencies of caddy, graham, baker and higgins, it certainly puts pressure on everyone in the team to perform. all the small forwards, fringe on ball, wingers and with nank only another week away, pressure on soldo and chol. its a good position to be in with 7 weeks to go to finals.

guruisatiger

Grand Poohbah of Ganymede
Oct 25, 2006
from the hinterlands of sri lanka and tibet
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
B.S.C youngboys.. Borussia Dortmund
Wonder whether we are now seeing the beginning of a process where Dimma mixes and matches his players in a search for the most effective combination for the upcoming finals. I can't recall him ever having this spread of quality at his disposal. There may also be an element of signalling the need for players to bring everything to their games otherwise more committed players will replace them. A bit like Napoleon executing one of his generals for not being sufficiently aggressive - to encourage the others.
Napoleon would have fitted in perfectly with our team of short people in the forward Line

Waca Jr

Premiership Player
Mar 6, 2018
AFL Club
Richmond
Jesus this board makes me chuckle sometimes. Graham plays two decent games against s**t teams and all of a sudden we a doomed. Just chill abit and trust in Stack and Edwards to get it done through the midfield. Short, Egg and Bach will free those two up. Reckon Baker and Ross still ahead of Graham. Yes, he was good in a GF. Done * all since along with Butler and Rioli. The latter very, very lucky.

Neen

????????????
Jul 1, 2011
Thomastown
AFL Club
Richmond
I think our boys will be making a statement on Sunday. Back on our home deck, with our injured stars returning weekly and building the side up for some deep September action. Leave the media focus on the Handbaggers, E-Girls and Chokingwood. This game should be the start of the momentum. Happy to see the changes and specifically Bolton remaining in the side. He should relish the MCG. Welcome back Jack.

Tigers by 36..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back