Preview Round 17, 2019: Swans v Blues

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rose at best only looks like a last 2-3 picked type of player who has had 5 years in the system so I think his papers have been stamped. Let's not forget that most on here were very surprised he avoided getting cut last year.

Jack did have the most possessions in last weeks NEAFL game so has some form. Season not over yet given the shock results being thrown up each week so that may be why he is back rather than adding more youth. I think we're too far from 8th to make it but the club will keep trying until the maths rule us out. Once we are definitely done, bring in Stoddart etc, tip out players needing surgery early and plan for 2020.

Rose at best only looks like a last 2-3 picked type of player who has had 5 years in the system so I think his papers have been stamped. Let's not forget that most on here were very surprised he avoided getting cut last year.

Jack did have the most possessions in last weeks NEAFL game so has some form. Season not over yet given the shock results being thrown up each week so that may be why he is back rather than adding more youth. I think we're too far from 8th to make it but the club will keep trying until the maths rule us out. Once we are definitely done, bring in Stoddart etc, tip out players needing surgery early and plan for 2020.
The most possessions hey? You might want to go check the form guide bud, you’ve just backed the wrong horse(s)!

The most possessions hey? You might want to go check the form guide bud, you’ve just backed the wrong horse(s)!
Okay so Jack only had the second most possessions, substitutute the name Clarke for Jack and you are going to get exactly the same reactions to the selection from exactly the same posters.

Unfortunately I was there. Rose (and I am no fan but really respect the effort he has put in to improving his game) was ok. Not great but ran like a loon and applied pressure - two things KJ, in his diminished state, simply cannot do.

KJ was good in the Ressies in the first half but I am convinced he copped a knock on the hip that rendered him dire in the second half. He benefitted in the first half with some service from Grassy. I rated Clarke ahead of him. I simply, with the best will in the world, cannot see him being a constructive factor in a win.

Okay so Jack only had the second most possessions, substitutute the name Clarke for Jack and you are going to get exactly the same reactions to the selection from exactly the same posters.
Not me, I’d rather Clarke, I actually don’t mind him...even if he does have some work to do on his disposal. Having said that, if I couldn’t have a ruck, I would’ve kept the same side.

I wonder if, one day, this group of experts might be able to discuss the various selections and non-selections without denigrating the player we think shouldn't have been selected, particularly when that player has 1. Earned his selection with his performances in the Reserves and 2. Has given this great club such great service over a number of years.

I wonder if, one day, this group of experts might be able to discuss the various selections and non-selections without denigrating the player we think shouldn't have been selected, particularly when that player has 1. Earned his selection with his performances in the Reserves and 2. Has given this great club such great service over a number of years.

IMO (this means it isn't necessarily right for those of you that jump at shadows).

First in should have been Fox, but he needs game time in NEAFL before being considered.
Second choice should have been Clarke, but he needs to improve his poor disposal in twos.
Third choice is Jack, who has played a few games back now to improve fitness, got plenty of the ball, tackles, defensive efforts etc so get's the nod for this particular week, be it his Swansong or because he still has something to offer our season.

IMO

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Might be the last senior game Rose plays for the Swans, we will see.

Rose only had 38m gained last week which was our worst (followed by Melican 76m, Blakey 120m). He had 0 inside 50s.

Didn't he kick a goal from the 50m arc?

I certainly do not denigrate KJ and doubt others are either. He has played one good half in the Ressies v a poor NT team. He was quiet in the second half. As I said I suspect he copped a knock on his troublesome hip.

I do not think it was a sensible selection. Is that denigrating? Not

IMO (this means it isn't necessarily right for those of you that jump at shadows).

First in should have been Fox, but he needs game time in NEAFL before being considered.
Second choice should have been Clarke, but he needs to improve his poor disposal in twos.
Third choice is Jack, who has played a few games back now to improve fitness, got plenty of the ball, tackles, defensive efforts etc so get's the nod for this particular week, be it his Swansong or because he still has something to offer our season.

IMO

Fox paid the penalty for being travelling emergency last round.

Didn't he kick a goal from the 50m arc?

Fair enough point. Perhaps the stat only counts player to player and not when kicking at goal.

No idea, just quoted the AFL app. Would be an inside 50 too I suppose.

It would bump a few others up too. Blakey kicked 1.2 that wouldn’t have counted and McCartin who was slightly ahead of him also kicked 1.1.

Either way, it’s still fairly low. And 0 (or even 1) inside 50 probably doesn’t cut it either.

Much has been said about jack been brought back in for his "experience/leadership" and clearly to help us win when swapping out young developing players, though i'm keen to know how much of that has actrually translated to a win of recent times when he's come back in after injury and/or decent reserves form. If it's a farewell game (great servant and deserves one), but the timing would seem odd.

Much has been said about jack been brought back in for his "experience/leadership" and clearly to help us win when swapping out young developing players, though i'm keen to know how much of that has actrually translated to a win of recent times when he's come back in after injury and/or decent reserves form. If it's a farewell game (great servant and deserves one), but the timing would seem odd.
No stranger than Roughy's farewell game against us. Might just be Horse copying his great teacher Clarko.

The only thing I feel about this is sadness that KJ has a put a slight tarnish on his legacy by agreeing to play. I think nothing about Jose - the bloke is simply a Moneyball tosser.
Each to their own... given where we are at this year I just can't see how it does that........the selection says now about horse than it does about Kizza

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back