Podcast Round 17, 2020 - Hammer Time

Remove this Banner Ad

Full marks for both of you saying St Kilda instead of Saint Kilda. If one of you can go teach that to all of the Fox callers that'd be handy.
Sorry Ochre - the nuances of the St or Saint are minimal in terms of what the Fox footy commentators need to get right.

I see no point in investing time teaching Lyon, Riewoldt and Russell - they have no right being commentators.

Besides, we all know the correct pronunciation is: St Blunders

Full marks for both of you saying St Kilda instead of Saint Kilda. If one of you can go teach that to all of the Fox callers that'd be handy.
More interested in teaching them not to call our team “the West Coast” to be honest.

Fun fact, there is no Saint Kilda. The name was first attached to an island off the coast of Scotland, which was probably originally called Skilda before some random cartographer misread it as S.Kilda and assumed it referred to a saint. Then a ship was named after the island, that ship ran aground in Port Phillip Bay, the nearby area was named after the wrecked ship, and here we are.

Why don’t more podcasts want me to come on as a guest, that’s what I’d like to know.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back