Liverpool FC, Melbourne Victory
Thursday, September 10
St Kilda v West Coast (G) (N)

Friday, September 11
Geelong v Richmond (MS) (N)

Saturday, September 12
North Melbourne v Fremantle (MS)
Port Adelaide v Essendon (AO) (T)
Greater Western Sydney v Melbourne (G) (N)

Sunday, September 13
Carlton v Adelaide (MS)
Hawthorn v Western Bulldogs (AO)
Sydney v Brisbane Lions (CS) (N)

Monday, September 14
Collingwood v Gold Coast (G) (N)

I wonder what Melbourne would’ve worn if they weren’t wearing their ‘belong’ jumper. Freo and the lions both in white?

Hope they wear the away (red) kit. South Melbourne v Fitzroy

That would allow the Swans to wear red shorts too, given Brisbane only have maroon and white (they should have blue to match the Fitzroy jumper, but that's a discussion for another time)

That Sydney kit is one of the greatest. Will they wear red shorts? If they do will Brisbane wear maroon or white shorts?

As nice and nostalgic as it would be, I really think Swans in red shorts with Lions in the Fitzroy jumper with white shorts will be an eyesore. Strong 2019 Geelong-Collingwood QF vibes.

Lions in home kit will be much more visually appealing, regardless of whether Sydney wear red or white shorts. This is the AFL though, so I fully expect to see the old South v Fitzroy getup.

South in white vs Roys in the red shorts they should have for vs Geelong and other times they can't wear the blue ones they also should have.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wonder if a club will ever go with an off-white, to more faithfully reproduce an older guernsey, than the stark white possible from current materials.

Closest that I can recall would be the Cats Retro jumper last year, which up close and in person has a very yellow-ish tone to it, and a brilliant woollen texture

retro_sewon2.jpg

It was harder to tell the difference during the match and in images (as the game we wore the jumper in was played at night), but the number panel was pure white, and from this picture it's easier to tell the difference

AFL Rd 21 - Geelong v North Melbourne : News Photo

Closest that I can recall would be the Cats Retro jumper last year, which up close and in person has a very yellow-ish tone to it, and a brilliant woollen texture

retro_sewon2.jpg

It was harder to tell the difference during the match and in images (as the game we wore the jumper in was played at night), but the number panel was pure white, and from this picture it's easier to tell the difference

AFL Rd 21 - Geelong v North Melbourne : News Photo

huh, never noticed they did all the detailing with embroidery.

would love to see more of it, tbh.

What in hell is Melbourne wearing? They seem to have more jumpers than anybody? Normal, normal with red back, Royal, indigenous, they even wear that heritage one when we don’t even have heritage round, which is not a bad jumper.

According to Fox ticker a "90's style jumper for a proud to (something something) fundraiser."
Cuts the red which isn't great to have with GWS in a lot of orange.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back