Preview Round 17, 2020: St.Kilda v West Coast - Gabba, Thursday 10th September, 7:10PM AEST

Who Wins?

• Saints

• Eagles

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
rRBDfGu.png

kernelT

Can go any club
Aug 15, 2010
Chiraq
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Louis Slungpue
King, Membrey & Carlisle
For
Abbott, Marsh & Phillips

That is some serious talent upgrade right there. We’re still missing a Gresham or Hannebery but we should be pretty strong on paper next game... really need to sort out our forward entries though, we’ve looked a mess for a while now and often predictable.

Obviously the biggest game of our season on Thursday night. Dogs result hurts a lot, and means we need to win one of the last two.

Hope we throw everything at them. 3 games in 10 days looks like it is taking its toll on them - they stopped to a walk after quarter time tonight.

They'll probably have Naitanui back in, and I am worried about our ball movement inside 50. If we can quell his influence and play smarter than we have been we can give them a real shake.

Thursday night is basically our qualifying final, and if we lose then our last game v the Giants truly is a knockout semi. I hope Ratts and the coaches speak of it like that in our meetings during the week, give the boys a chance to mentally prepare for finals early.

Jan 14, 2012
The River Murray
AFL Club
St Kilda
I was being a bit silly LOL
I think we are a huge chance, eagles were putrid tonight
I'm definitely not going to say i expect to win, but weve got to be a chance.

WC have a very poor record outside of WA and have a depleted midfield.

Ross to shut down Kelly I reckon.

Carlisle to come in and hit McGovern in his sore thumb 👍

Ducky Tie

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 15, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
St Kilda
Going to need some real pressure on their entries. JK, Darling, Allen and Waterman is some serious height in a forwardline. Carlisle is a non negotiable really. Must come back. Even then, we don’t have an ideal match up for the fourth tall unless Battle plays back, which is unlikely. Need to be really accountable as midfielders.

stfan

The Fan in Waiting
Mar 12, 2008
Melb
AFL Club
St Kilda
On the plus side this probably should be the weakest WCE midfield that we have played for a while.

McGovern is a maybe to play. Huge out if he does not.

Would loved to have had a fit Hannas for this game.

Main question is whether we can get our whole team playing well again. Of late we always seem to have too many having shockers. This game is winnable, but we need to play at our best.

Obviously the biggest game of our season on Thursday night. Dogs result hurts a lot, and means we need to win one of the last two.

Hope we throw everything at them. 3 games in 10 days looks like it is taking its toll on them - they stopped to a walk after quarter time tonight.

They'll probably have Naitanui back in, and I am worried about our ball movement inside 50. If we can quell his influence and play smarter than we have been we can give them a real shake.

Thursday night is basically our qualifying final, and if we lose then our last game v the Giants truly is a knockout semi. I hope Ratts and the coaches speak of it like that in our meetings during the week, give the boys a chance to mentally prepare for finals early.

Whilst I agree, nah, the Pies drop for the Dogs to get in.

Pies v Suns is interesting, they drop that, they then run into Port and risk missing entirely, we can then lose both and make it since Dees v GWS is still a thing.

We beat the Eagles, good chance to supplant them in 5th, then the GWS match becomes to go 5th or 8th.

Oct 2, 2010
AFL Club
St Kilda
Whilst I agree, nah, the Pies drop for the Dogs to get in.

Pies v Suns is interesting, they drop that, they then run into Port and risk missing entirely, we can then lose both and make it since Dees v GWS is still a thing.

We beat the Eagles, good chance to supplant them in 5th, then the GWS match becomes to go 5th or 8th.
If Pies win one more game and we dont win again, then it is us who drops out for the dogs.

Jan 14, 2012
The River Murray
AFL Club
St Kilda
We just need to find a way to win this. We've been playing better at the Gabba and the Eagles have had a gruelling schedule leading up to this.

Out: Abbott, Marsh, Phillips and Coffield (was limped badly off the ground. dont like his chances with a 4 day turn around)

In: King, Membrey, Carlisle and Bytel.
Coff will be right I reckon
💉

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back