Preview Round 17, 2020: St.Kilda v West Coast - Gabba, Thursday 10th September, 7:10PM AEST

Who Wins?

• Saints

• Eagles

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nostrapluggasaurus.
U7faKYw.jpg

Maybe Carlisle in for Coff if his ankle isn’t right to go.

But if he’s not in, Battle just has to play CHB this week imo. No ifs or buts.

Howard to Kennedy.
Battle to Allen?
Wilkie to Darling.

Wilkie to Allen would give away too much height and Coff? on Darling would reduce Coff’s effectiveness if Battle doesn’t go back.

Butler, Kent, Lonie and Hind in the one team would suggest that Hind in for Phillips means he gets a go on the wing or half back.
Jarrod Brander and Jake Waterman both playing as well. So looks like Hunter and Longy playing tall..

Disappointing not to see Carlisle return, hopefully leaving him out again doesn't come back to bite us.

With the Brisbane weather forecast of increasing showers it may not be a bad move though to bring in an extra smaller player in Hind rather than a tall marking player like Carlisle.

Hind also gives us extra speed and Ratten is probably hoping we can get an edge on them in that department, apart from Ryan West Coast aren't a quick side which is why they have brought back Petruccelle to help counter our extra speed.

With the inclusion of Hind it looks like Ratts is trying to get us to go back to our more attacking brand that we started the year with. Which is the type of St Kilda I liked.

Still unsure of Carlisle’s situation. I’d heard he had back soreness last week but if that’s the case, why is he named as an emergency? Very peculiar. Hopefully he’s still in good spirits though, I don’t want him to leave.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I know people are confident because of the Eagles outs. But looking at their inclusions, they all seem like pretty handy ins. Looks like they've got great depth and certainly not a team to take lightly. If anything, so many changes may even mean they are not as exhausted as they would have been otherwise?

Last edited:
I’m not really a fan of Battle on the wing but he’s an improvement on Phillips and his marking and kicking can be instrumental in that part of the ground.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
He's been okay at times on the wing, but I do prefer him up forward.

Phillips is an almost player. Not bad for depth but he shouldn't be starting on the wing over someone like Billings.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back