Preview Round 17, 2021: Brisbane v St.Kilda - Metricon Stadium, Saturday 10th July, 7:25PM AEST

Who Wins?

• Lions

Votes: 6 54.5%
  • Saints

Votes: 5 45.5%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah have to disagree. Haven't we just come out of ANOTHER lockdown, and finally getting a run of zero cases again. There are still cases popping up in Brisbane so why not just keep it a red zone, it's about just being careful and avoiding another lockdown. Sure you can go from Brisbane to GC but you still need to get a test when you come back from GC. Whether a game gets played at the GABBA or Carrara is hardly a huge priority right now.

As for all the Lions fans whinging it up, they literally have to drive an hour down the road to go to the game. Remember when Victorian fans couldn't see their team for a year? Remember when West Coast fans rocked up at the game to be told there'd be no fans?

Honestly the woe is me from Brisbane fans especially after the run they had last year is hilarious.

Again, obviously I didn’t post clearly. And I don’t believe this poster was whinging it up - just talking about the ridiculousness of the situation.
The point was that although the game is being played in an orange zone, people from a red zone are allowed to travel to see it - hence be in the crowd. Don’t you think that’s a little odd?
Or, as our “esteemed” pollie in SA said, they must be told to be sure not to touch the ball. 🙄
the whole thing is a joke.
Of course it should have just been played in a green zone. As you say, the Lions had the rub of the green
last season, so if they lost a home game now so be it. Play it at a neutral ground in Melbourne.

Last edited:
On the leadership thing, I agree we need more voice out there.
The boys voted Steele in, obviously they respect him for the way he goes about it, but are we lacking direction in the guts when under pressure?
I notice dunstan communicates with paddy a lot as to where he will be/where he wants the pill.
Maybe if dunstan continues this form he will be able to take control of the group itself as a general with steeles backing.

I also think there is a bit of dissonance in the backline at times, maybe a case of too many chiefs not enough indians.
Howard seems to be the loudest voice but I wonder if he should be. Coffield who is a brilliant reader of the play seems to get frustrated with him and in past Carlisle at times.
Maybe I’m overthinking it.
But maybe coff can become that hodge/Goddard hb general but he needs to earn a bit more respect through his own form first.
Once the ball gets over the half backline we are in trouble and there seems to be a certain lack of harmony as stated. Why they try and keep the ball in play under pressure and right on the line bewilders me, just knock it through and do a quick kick out. Same on the defending boundary line, problems there too. Coff was good in that intercepting role last year but I think Highmore has taken that job on very well so not missing Coff in that regard apart that he has more experience than Highmore.

Reckon we need to keep it in our pants about Kent for a while… he's just played his first VFL game in a couple of months and wasn't in the selection frame before that.

If Jones comes back in this week it will be our strongest line-up we've fielded all year and there's no reason we shouldn't be competitive with Brisbane.

I was in Brisbane last time they had an outbreak and the Vic government changed the travel rules when the Qld government changed the lockdown rule so I'm not sure why they've taken a tougher stance this time. But it's pretty simple though:

Red zone (Brisbane): 14 days quaruntine
Orange zone (GC): Quaruntine until negative test.

Idea would be if you've personally been in a red zone you have more chance of exposure than if you run into some people who have been. Works in most cases although a footy match is a bit different. Don't know why the AFL wants to be cute with it though. Just put every game involving a victorian team in a green zone.

PRCwqgM.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cherny tweeted No Max King at training.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Again, obviously I didn’t post clearly. And I don’t believe this poster was whinging it up - just talking about the ridiculousness of the situation.
The point was that although the game is being played in an orange zone, people from a red zone are allowed to travel to see it - hence be in the crowd. Don’t you think that’s a little odd?
Or, as our “esteemed” pollie in SA said, they must be told to be sure not to touch the ball. 🙄
the whole thing is a joke.
Of course it should have just been played in a green zone. As you say, the Lions had the rub of the green
last season, so if they lost a home game now so be it. Play it at a neutral ground in Melbourne.
That is strange...I know when i visit one of my daughters in Brisbane if her house is listed as being in a Red Zone. I have to quarantine (14) upon returning to any of the orange, green and red zones down here. So when she's in the orange zone as you say I only have to get tested immediately upon return and then isolate until the result comes back the next morning usually. So if someone moves from either a red or orange zone in Brisbane into NSW Metricon does not NSW Govt demand the same scrutiny. Or is my thinking flawed? Probably.....but anyway!

Cherny tweeted No Max King at training.

Rubbish ….Max King trained fully .

Jones trained very well personally prefer him to play VFL …but think they pick him.

Clark / McKernan / Coffield in rehab group.

Frawley / Hannebery trained played in match simulation, think they might play VFL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back