Autopsy Round 17, 2021: Brisbane v St.Kilda

Remove this Banner Ad

At least they got some value out of there no. 1 draft picks. The rest of their draftees are up in the air. Weitering is a close second, but don’t forget they have the Coleman medal leader as well!
Similar to us (obviously our picks aren’t first round) they were all busts until they weren’t.

we were melting over having Byrnes, an untested mid, Connolly who hadn’t played a game at all, Alison and Bytel who keeps getting dropped.

suddenly we’ve got Connolly and Byrnes solidifying spots in the 22 and Bytel tearing it up in the VFL

Similar to us (obviously our picks aren’t first round) they were all busts until they weren’t.

we were melting over having Byrnes, an untested mid, Connolly who hadn’t played a game at all, Alison and Bytel who keeps getting dropped.

suddenly we’ve got Connolly and Byrnes solidifying spots in the 22 and Bytel tearing it up in the VFL

100%. Also helps having some wins on the board across the club recently. When Heath has a BOG game, Bytel has a BOG game and Byrnes has a game good enough to spark some discourse on a rising star nomination - all in the same weekend - then it feels like we’re flying.

Good young core coming through, with King, Clark, Coffield, Highmore, Higgins, Byrnes, Bytel, Paton, Connolly, Clav and hopefully Heath/Sharman/Allison and a 2021 first round draftee/NGA picks if we take them.

Add a second King or second tall back to help with Howard, and there’s lots to be excited about on the youth front!

Does anyone know what's happened to Literally Nobody? His account says cancelled. I hope he's okay.
He’s got a new account with a new name. I hear he’s thinking of starting another account with d as mother new name next week. ;)

Pretty sure he's under a new name

It says he's been "cancelled for being a campaigner" on his account. He would have had to start up under a complete new name and profile. I like Duderino, he's a passionate character and a funny guy. Hope he's okay.

At least they got some value out of there no. 1 draft picks. The rest of their draftees are up in the air. Weitering is a close second, but don’t forget they have the Coleman medal leader as well!

Their real spud pick was O'Brien, he seems nowhere near it so far. I'm keen to see where Brodie Kemp ends up too. He looked amazing before doing his ACL as a junior.

It says he's been "cancelled for being a campaigner" on his account. He would have had to start up under a complete new name and profile. I like Duderino, he's a passionate character and a funny guy. Hope he's okay.
Same Mate, I enjoyed his stuff

Not sure Connolly is solidifying a spot after 2 and a bit games …

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The kicking skills between this game and the Melbourne game earlier in the year is incredible really. Hill, Webster and Sinclair kicking out of defence hit their kicks all day and were not going for easy kicks. Hill's kicking is back to the level expected when he came over. Sinclair's vision and composure to pull it across his body and chip short to McKenzie was great in the third.

Easily the best we have kicked inside 50 in a while too. Crouch, Jones and Ross lowering their eyes and hitting up on the short makes a big difference. Three players not renowned for their kicking. Byrnes' multiple assists were also great.

Hard to know how much is system/technical changes and how much is confidence. Bit of both you'd think, but it was great to watch.

The kicking skills between this game and the Melbourne game earlier in the year is incredible really. Hill, Webster and Sinclair kicking out of defence hit their kicks all day and were not going for easy kicks. Hill's kicking is back to the level expected when he came over. Sinclair's vision and composure to pull it across his body and chip short to McKenzie was great in the third.

Easily the best we have kicked inside 50 in a while too. Crouch, Jones and Ross lowering their eyes and hitting up on the short makes a big difference. Three players not renowned for their kicking. Byrnes' multiple assists were also great.

Hard to know how much is system/technical changes and how much is confidence. Bit of both you'd think, but it was great to watch.
I wasn't sure Sincs meant that pass. Was a cracker.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back