Autopsy Round 17, 2021: Brisbane v St.Kilda

Remove this Banner Ad

I’m glad we all wasted time with that merry go round, productive and enlightening
If you don't want to be corrected just say so. Really odd, nobody is out to get you.

I actually think it turned out to be not as hard as others made out. Depends on when you play sides during a season and what kind of form they are in. At the start of the year playing Richmond twice and Brisbane away seemed tough but now it doesn't look so bad.
But Essendon at marvel did as did Adelaide. You are right though. Fixtures are a bit overrated.

We look a completely different side than we did early in the year. Has to give us confidence going into 2022 regardless.
Totally - I don't want to jinx anything but it seems like we've finally clicked and systems, processes and everything else is coming together.

I know this is a ridiculously outlandish statement but given how quickly things can change it's completely changed my mindset about our immediate future, faith in my football team is something I haven't had for a while now - we just have to hope that when the bubble does burst it doesn't burst horrifically. That will truly tell us where we are.

Think we established in the end it was a simple and pointless misunderstanding, like I said, Twas a rich and enlightening experience as it always is around here.
Strangely I’d rather be corrected and know exactly than as you admitted not knowing exactly. Do you think the saints have the best form in the last 6 games than any side out of the 8 and some in it? Surely Saturday convinced you.

Think we established in the end it was a simple and pointless misunderstanding, like I said, Twas a rich and enlightening experience as it always is around here.
Ok mate

yeah but I got to use that meme. I actually did take my shirt off irl too fyi

I think Kent adds a more combative element along side Long. They provide some fear factor and add a more intense pressure than Butler and Lonie types do. Higgins almost plays like a lead up forward like Membrey did but also plays HF as well. He's more likely to score but we also send a lot of ball through him because he's the most reliable forward.
I think a lot of that is just perception and could probably be addressed with a trip to the local parlour 😉

ce53bRE.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No real surprises here, maybe Zones a little unlucky in what was a pretty impressive return.

Brisbane v St Kilda
10 Jack Steele (STK)
7 Tom Highmore (STK)
7 Luke Dunstan (STK)
4 Dayne Zorko (BL)
1 Jimmy Webster (STK)
1 Tim Membrey (STK)

Leaderboard
79 Clayton Oliver MELB
76 Marcus Bontempelli WB
76 Touk Miller GCFC
73 Samuel Walsh CARL
70 Jack Steele STK
70 Ollie Wines PORT
63 Darcy Parish ESS

No real surprises here, maybe Zones a little unlucky in what was a pretty impressive return.

Brisbane v St Kilda
10 Jack Steele (STK)
7 Tom Highmore (STK)
7 Luke Dunstan (STK)
4 Dayne Zorko (BL)
1 Jimmy Webster (STK)
1 Tim Membrey (STK)
At a guess

Ratts
Steele 5
Dunstan 4
Highmore 3
Zorko 2
Webster 1

Fagan
Steele 5
Highmore 4
Dunstan 3
Zorko 2
Membrey 1

Brisbane v St Kilda
10 Jack Steele (STK)
7 Tom Highmore (STK)
7 Luke Dunstan (STK)
4 Dayne Zorko (BL)
1 Jimmy Webster (STK)
1 Tim Membrey (STK)
Webster was very good.
Another player that has taken his opportunity, I thought he was almost gone

Brisbane v St Kilda
10 Jack Steele (STK)
7 Tom Highmore (STK)
7 Luke Dunstan (STK)
4 Dayne Zorko (BL)
1 Jimmy Webster (STK)
1 Tim Membrey (STK)
Dunstan has now received votes in 4 of 6 games since his return.

Leaderboard
79 Clayton Oliver MELB
76 Marcus Bontempelli WB
76 Touk Miller GCFC
73 Samuel Walsh CARL
70 Jack Steele STK
70 Ollie Wines PORT
63 Darcy Parish ESS
Touk had 35, 11 clearances, 14 tackles and 2 goals yesterday… Hopper - 41, 12 clearances and 940 metres :oops:

Webster was very good.
Another player that has taken his opportunity, I thought he was almost gone
He is back to his old form, maybe from 3 years ago. Doing the job we want him to do. How are some of the injured guys e.g Coffield, Clark and even Paton going to replace him when they return?

I'll take the two finals wins and the tough draw again thanks

Yep, if we aren't tanking just win as much as we can. Sign Dunny and keep winning next year. If we make finals we can cause mayhem at least. It's a really open season and anyone could win it from anywhere.

It's a hard one though. The forward line worked better than it has all year without Higgins. Kent isn't flash but he's combative. I liked the hard edge Kent and Long bring when we are locking the ball in. It was obviously our best 4 quarter performance for the year and every line played their part. It's like alchemy making a side work like it is. I'd be scared to mess with it until you need to. Kent and Long are all pointy elbows and hard bodies. Higgins is a better player but there was a lot to like about the bash brothers....and both have been in my sights. Butler was trying but he looks so low on confidence that I'd drop him before any of the other forwards, a week in the VFL might fire him back up.

Just watched replay and Kings mark and second goal a direct result of Kents work on Andrews. The replay behind the goals shows him put 3 blocks on Andrews getting anywhere near it before Maxy plucks it from Adams. No stat, no praise but selfless team footy. Respect.

*Edit: Sorry BrutThough just catching up on thread, saw you were all over it already. Nice work.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back