Preview Round 17 2021 - GWS Giants v Gold Coast Suns, 12:40pm at Mars Stadium, Sun 11 July

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Game day has dawned - sunny though cool in Canberra, no idea what it's like in Ballarat. ;)

Sam Reid or maybe Matt de Boer as the medi-sub.

Slight chance that Jesse Hogan is selected instead of Matt Flynn, but I don't expect so.

I wouldn’t be surprised if it’s mummy that doesn’t play and Flynn plays number 1 ruck and then Hogan slots in up forward.

Reid to play sub again

I expect Fiorini out. My guess it will be Miller-Greenwood-Swallow with Rowell, Flanders and Weller involved in rotations too. Bowes, Ainsworth, Rankine had some brief stints in the middle too against Tigers.

I don't expect Smith in. Burgess against Mumford should be interesting :)

GWS should prevail.

This is more even that we all think

I think it will be a ripper. Under 10 points

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Further to my last reply, the City of Ballarat is advertising free entry for kids on Sunday. That may well entice many on the last day of school holidays.

It’s AFL Footy as you say. And I think if they can get 5k plus it would be a win for the AFL

Further to my last reply, the City of Ballarat is advertising free entry for kids on Sunday. That may well entice many on the last day of school holidays.
Might create a few long term fans for us.

Not sure why the Briggs on the outer comments
It has been confirmed Mumford is not going on next year, I think it was from a Tele article
Pruess and Flynn have both missed significant time with injuries so the club will need 3 rucks on the list ready to play next year and it is up to one of those to claim the position as their own and all 3 have the talent to make the #1 ruck position their own although I doubt any could play an entire season

Seems Mumford now confirmed as first choice ruck at GWS. Briggs on the outer.

Sounds like they will be looking for Preuss/Flynn to take over the mantle when Mumford finally retires (end of 2022 season?).
Not sure it means that. (The Briggs part and the Preuss/Flynn part)
All it means is that they have Mumford ahead of Briggs right now.

Briggs is the youngest of all our Rucks by a considerable margin, there’s no rush.

IMO Briggs has the potential to be surpass both Pruess and Flynn over the next few years.

You’ve just got to thank Mummy for doing the impossible both on field and off field in setting us up with three genuine replacements.

We’ll enter 2022 with more genuine Ruck depth than we’ve ever had.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Briggs is the youngest of all our Rucks by a considerable margin, there’s no rush.

IMO Briggs has the potential to be surpass both Pruess and Flynn over the next few years.

You’ve just got to thank Mummy for doing the impossible both on field and off field in setting us up with three genuine replacements.

We’ll enter 2022 with more genuine Ruck depth than we’ve ever had.

I agree.
I think Briggs will be the best of them. But is still a baby in Ruck terms.
Especially for the type of ruck he'll be, the physical style

Flynn has played our last 7 games (with a week off in the middle from the bye) with a handful of them in partnership with either Briggs or Mumford

I hope it's a week off for him then back in for the rest of the year. Structurally it works as he slots back in as that 3rd tall with Mumford playing, or main ruck without Mummy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back