Preview Round 17, 2021: Hawthorn v Fremantle Dockers, 10 July 2021, 1.45pm @ York Park

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know why people bother winding themselves up so tightly over the selected teams. It's already done, accept it. We're 2nd last on the ladder and no chance of making finals.

For the next ~36 or so hours just let yourself enjoy the slight possibility that Nash might finally click at AFL level and have discovered a dominant position for the next 5+ years. And if you're that much of a wet blanket that you can't give yourself that then perhaps just be happy that Denver is back in.

Last edited by a moderator:
EDIT: Also JOR cost us a first-round pick. Nash nothing. JOR hurt more because we sacrificed a player for another junior that could have worked.

True enough, but that pick 19 we gave up for him ended up at Carlton, who used it on a bloke they got 25 games out of, and was delisted after his 3rd season in the system, so JOR was probably not much more speculative than using the pick (you'd hope we'd have done better with it than Carlton's recruiting team though :) ). It's a pity JOR didn't work out, we certainly gave him a lot of chances.

Hoping Jeka looks more comfortable than he did in his first 2 games of league footy, but loving he gets another go at the expense of the tried, tested and failed TOB.

Nash hopefully some more midfield time, not that I think he'll do much but the club must be trying to test all avenues with him before delisting which is fair enough.

I don't know why people bother winding themselves up so tightly over the selected teams. It's already done, accept it. We're 2nd last on the ladder and no chance of making finals.

For the next ~36 or so hours just let yourself enjoy the slight possibility that Nash might finally click at AFL level and have discovered a dominant position for the next 5+ years. And if you're that much of a wet blanket that you can't give yourself that then perhaps just be happy that Denver is back in.
Almost too much perspective and common sense in this post! Are you a bot?

Can you please save this as a template post a re-post it in every Preview thread for the rest of the year.

With Box Hill having the bye this week, I wonder if Sam Mitchell will be invited into the coach's box this week, if merely as an observer if nothing else.
Wasn't he in there last week?

I know he wasn't in the box the week before because he and the rest of the Box Hill squad had to isolate due to the COVID situation in the flight that brought Aspley to Melbourne.

Love the ins.
My one concern is having Jeka again hung out to dry by fielding one of our weakest teams again when he’s playing.
Are we going to get enough half-decent ball going into our forward line for him to impact?

hope Nash gets a proper crack as a midfielder, and Brockman…..just play him for rest of year

(Log in to remove this ad.)

With Box Hill having the bye this week, I wonder if Sam Mitchell will be invited into the coach's box this week, if merely as an observer if nothing else.
Huh?

No Mitch Lewis, even though he is available.
I think that validates we are a tall too many and cant play Jeka, Lewis, Kosi and BB/Cegs forward at once.

Both jeka and Kosi must be willing and able to play in front a compete when out numbered. Huge test for both.

good to see dgb and brockman back into the side. Dgb looked a real star. Brockman has some class and his past couple of reviews were positive after missing a few games.

Both jeka and Kosi must be willing and able to play in front a compete when out numbered. Huge test for both.

good to see dgb and brockman back into the side. Dgb looked a real star. Brockman has some class and his past couple of reviews were positive after missing a few games.
In Kosi's defense, last week there wasn't much ball going inside 50, but the last month I've seen him get to the front of more contests. Still gets too many of his wins behind his man but he's improving in this space.

Re: Nash - As I've said in another post Nash has been on a different trajectory than those with 'AFL' in their 'DNA'. Nash has probably picked up in four-years what has taken 15 years for the average local. So in theory if he keeps this pace up in four more years he will have overtaken the majority of AFL stars in the game ... Of course this won't happen but I am just trying to make the point that the club sees something and we don't want to close this project off until all the boxes have been either ticked or crossed. My own opinion is that a big body who can block in the centre square might just help our midfielders. He was also put onto Alir Alir to curb him so there is some flexibility there.

On Jeka, now that we have Bramble, and at some point Day, delivering into the forward line Jeka might stand a chance of leading up and actually having the ball delivered to him. Super excited about DGB, reminds me a bit of a young Jonathan Hay.

Disclaimer: Hope he doesn't end up like the older version of Jonathan Hay ....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back