Autopsy Round 17 2022 – Port Adelaide vs GWS Giants, Saturday July 9, 7.30PM AEST, Adelaide Oval

Remove this Banner Ad

Gameday ... anyone in Adelaide with a weather update? BOM forecast says a slight chance of rain until early evening, so hopefully dry for the game so we can bring our recently returned running game to the fore.

View attachment 1442353

I'm unhappy about Keeffe coming back in and Haynes staying - don't know how that will play out as to who plays in defence in place of Idun. We might put Keeffe to Dixon when he goes forward, Taylor & HH to 2 out of Georgiades/Marshall/Finlayson so I guess it works with no-one really doing the Idun role; smalls & mediums (Ash/Cumming/Wehr) to their small brigade (Gray/Butters/SPP).

View attachment 1442352

I'd love to knock off Port at home - they haven't been great this year so are vulnerable; but of course, we've been pretty poor - so can McVeigh produce a gameplan capable of knocking them off at home.

Go GIANTS!
Keeffe definitely in for Dixon.

'Great'......

Another game where Fox has so very kindly allocated Brereton for special comments.

FFS Fox - for your broadcasts, it's either Brereton or Healy. Give us a break from them.

This is embarrassing

I can’t find a single posotive in that first half

If spike is coach next year I won’t be a member

Horrible

We are making Powell-Pepper look like Gary Ablett.
Right up until he puts the ball on his foot, and then he reminds us he's still Powell-Pepper.

But still, yes. :(

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Port's pressure = GWS kicking/hand passing in such a way that it's essentially making it someone else's problem.

GWS haven't the 'skills' to overcome or counteract the pressure bombardment that so many of the top teams implement.

Hopefully, Spike swaps Haynes and Brown for the fourth. Not sure it would help. Confidence seems shot.
Wouldn’t pick Lloyd to miss. Normally pretty reliable.

A boot in the head to Kennedy. Looked to me like a double movement. Am I biased?

Spikes never going to be experienced enough for the replacement, right? I think we all, including Spike, know he ain’t getting the job.
We also know we ain’t playing finals.
Do you think Spike is just moving people around to test things and maybe win a few games, lose a few, but suss out a few player abilities?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back