Autopsy Round 17 2022 – Port Adelaide vs GWS Giants, Saturday July 9, 7.30PM AEST, Adelaide Oval

Remove this Banner Ad

Phil was totally exposed in the first quarter… that contest in the pocket showed he has a horrendous turning circle and change of direction. He’s done.
The injury just makes the decision easier.

More likely than not that was Phil Davis’ last game. Sad way to end.

Very forgettable performance from the team.

Autopsy
That first half was quite rough to watch but thought in the second half they played a bit better just could not convert in front of goal ruined our chances of closing the gap

1. Another good game for Ash overall I thought but man does he have some kicks that are just brutal, few times just made some bad decisions with the ball interupted the chain for us.
2. Cogs was great not much else needs to be said
3. Feels like everything touching Hogan's right now is being marked, but still don't feel very confident when he's lining up for goals not sure what it is but don't have the same confidence in him that I have with other goal kickers we have. He played really well and outside of him there was pretty much nothing to kick to last night i50.
4. Whitfield was mostly unsighted last night, been in good form since coming back from the ankle injury but this was his first really quiet one
5. What a shame for Phil, likely the end of his career and that's the way he goes out. One of the best KPD in the competition for a long time and going to be a legend at our club just a shame his body couldn't hold up.
6. Brown caught lightning in a bottle last week but he's not an AFL standard player
7. Another quiet one for Bruhn, think the last good game he had was that one against North but just can't get his hands on it atm
8. Thought Taranto played quite well, 13 contested limited the turnovers but still has some average kicking mixed in. One of our better on the night.
9. Ball movement was pretty Leon Cameron-ish in the first half a lot of dump kicks down the line that didn't lead to much

Disapointing game the first time I've felt like this after a loss under McVeigh just didn't have it last night. Brisbane at Manuka next week will be another touch matchup for us at home.

That was embarrassing. I thought we were a chance but not even close.

We need a couple of Victorian hard-arses in charge for a while to sort things out. The list, the coaching, the works. Otherwise we'll end up like the Suns,
Let's face the most likely outcome, Clarko says 'Yeah, but no".
Playing in empty stadiums, away from his personality Melbourne fishbowl, would a Giants premiership mean that much to him?

Pike is now probably more likely, my only concern with him is he's gruff and a bit less relatable for some of the younger guys.

And, Nick Haynes looks pale and gaunt. Perhaps he should be rested for a fortnight.

And, Nick Haynes looks pale and gaunt. Perhaps he should be rested for a fortnight.
He looks disinterested to me. Half hearted attack on the ball all year and so many dropped marks that in previous years he would have swallowed.
He’s been a star for years and has been bashed around with his selfless, brave play. Seems to be struggling to find that edge in 2022.
I’d give Leek a chance for the rest of the year if fit.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back