Preview Round 17, 2022: Hawks v Crows 3:20pm Sun 10th July, Marvel Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

In: Ben McEvoy, Josh Morris, Finn Maginness, Denver Grainger-Barras, Josh Ward, Jai Serong, Kyle Hartigan, Liam Shiels, Daniel Howe
Out: James Worpel (shoulder), Lachlan Bramble (back), Sam Butler (shin), Will Day (suspended), Jack Gunston (personal)

INT (from): Daniel Howe, Liam Shiels, Connor Macdonald, Josh Ward, Finn Maginness, Jai Serong, Josh Morris, Kyle Hartigan

Insert Hartigan conniption here...

ba851467faa893d00955cb6bb5720096.png

Congratulation to Serong I believe thats his first time being named on the extended bench.

DBG and McEvoy confirmed.
Ward doubt after his BoxHill game
Howe adds maturity and versatility
Finn or Morris leaning Finn has he's been solid while play midfield at Boxhill and can play in multiple positions

Last edited:
1657182474339.png

Ward, CMac, Finn, Morris on the bench for mine.
Wouldn't mind seeing Serong, but think it unlikely.

I swear at the start of the season Sam Mitchell said we would be more open about our injury list (did I dream this?).

Butler wasn't on the injury listed but is listed as 'injured'.

Just say 'Omitted' or 'Stood on a big bindy' or ANYTHING other than simply 'injured' and I'll be happy.

I swear at the start of the season Sam Mitchell said we would be more open about our injury list (did I dream this?).

Just say 'Omitted' or 'Stood on a big bindy' or ANYTHING other than simply 'injured' and I'll be happy.
He is injured

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Hawks website does, the AFL doesn't...

It's his shin...

Sammy’s love child Nash in the 18🤢

We have one of the most defensively unaccountable midfields in the comp and you want to take out one of the few guys who can actually stick a tackle?

We have one of the most defensively unaccountable midfields in the comp and you want to take out one of the few guys who can actually stick a tackle?
He has been poor the last 2 weeks, has hardly touched the ball in the second half in both games and we have faded badly in both games, he is a midfielder, you got do more than just stick a tackle, So Nash down on form can’t be dropped because he lays tackles.
Named at CHF, Sammy had to get him the 18 somehow

He has been poor the last 2 weeks, has hardly touched the ball in the second half in both games and we have faded badly in both games, he is a midfielder, you got do more than just stick a tackle, So Nash down on form can’t be dropped because he lays tackles.
Also important to note that he's one of our better field kicks, and one of the few that goes in and has a physical presence around the contest to protect others, and one who has been directing traffic at times.
Him being in there just makes sense.

Was 2nd ruck around the ground against the Dogs. Wasn't great last week

The game before against Freo he has 9 clearances, 6 of them centre clearances.

He has been a mid for less than a year and much of that time he has been forced into the 2nd ruck role. Hopefully now with McEvoy back he doesn't have to do it again so that he can grow into the role

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back