Autopsy Round 17, 2022: Hawthorn wins its 1000th game with a win over the Crows

Remove this Banner Ad

WIN 1000!

Blanck, DGB and Sicily as a trio looked great. Did exceptionally well to keep them under 60.

Ward played his best game of the season. Looked so much more assured at the level compared to the last time he played. Confidently hitting targets.

Impeys best this year, like him in that high half forward role. Could have had 4 goals if things fell his way.

The Lewis + Koschitzke partnership looking the goods.
Lewis dominated the first half, and Kossie stood up in the fourth when we needed him.

Jaeger O'Meara to me clearly the next captain of the Hawthorn Football Club.
Game was on a knifes edge 5 minutes into the last, and he willed us back into the game at stoppage and kicked a clutch goal (Newcombe was also integral to wrestling back momentum).

Might have found a handy midfielder in Dylan Moore

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Happy to get a win in the end. Typical hawks game with a lot of like at stages and some wtf for extended periods of time.

Struggled to score for the entire second half bar a 5 minute patch in the last isn’t great against a lowly side like the crows.

Book ends are starting to come together to compliment our array of flankers. Get that midfield sorted and we have the nucleus to start winning a fair bit more over the next year or two.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Much better game. Great game from JOM, Sic, Lewis, Breust, Moore, Macca, Newk, Nash and Morrison. Kosi showing signs of getting back to his best. Very happy with Morris and Blanck.

Worried about Scrimshaw. Decision making is elite but execution way off. Can't afford to have both him and CJ turning it over coming out if defence.

Congrats on the 1000th win :D

I thought Maginness did a really good job of shutting down Jordan Dawson.

Liked a lot of things about that game so will be easier if I list the things I didn't like.

1. 3rd quarter and half of the 4th.
2. My neighbour revving his friggin race car in his shed while I'm trying to watch the footy.

I would like to give all the votes to Harry Morrison and Dylan Moore.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back